• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Delvine - Development Thread

Realzone

Reaction score
Features that's almost already exist on distros you can download, you cannot say this is unique.
Even I can get a server with these features with NOT alot of work.

Goodluck.

SnorkY

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Features that's almost already exist on distros you can download, you cannot say this is unique.

Goodluck.

sure you can, buddy!

daadyboy5

umapbro
Reaction score

Goodluck.
Ehh, I’ve been playing alot of servers and never seen theese kind of features, and yes they are UNIQUE.

Remora

Reaction score
Here is some random stuff that pops up into my mind:

- I don't find Port-Hope a great addition, also the entire 7,4 map is of a decent size. You're going to have 600 people playing at all times?
Why not do what TibiaScape wanted to do originally? Use the familiar Thais section, expand on that with the mysteries and locations as is needed.
Keep in mind that a lot of the old tibia was walking for long times. Don't get me wrong, I love how the Tibia map looks, but game-play wise, is it really that good?
  • I don't like the killing in the name off... tasks, but I love mysteriandos. So maybe I am biased. Looking forward to the mysteries.
  • How will you stop botters? Why not throw out runes all together? Throw out everything in the game that is based on "waiting" Let monsters drop consumables or give fury etc.
  • What will you do with the economy? When you have an influx of golden legs, and no sink. What do you think will happen? "We make better items more rare." Okay, still, does this now balance the faucets and sinks?

Something completely new:
  • Remove misses from the game. Sparks are ok, that is 0 damage, but no poofs.
  • Unlock vocations/abilities as the game progresses. The same mindset as a lot of Tibia is based around waiting, so are spells and promotions unlocked with money. Why not make spell scroll quests. Let everyone have paladin melee qualities. And you unlock knight speed.
Or you chose between unlocking the sorc stuff vs knight stuff.
An actual quest that gives skill points as reward instead of waiting.

- Don't make the map to big compared to the amount of players.

Just my random thoughts.

Last edited:

SnorkY

Veteran OT User
Reaction score

- I don't find Port-Hope a great addition, also the entire 7,4 map is of a decent size. You're going to have 600 people playing at all times?
Why not do what TibiaScape wanted to do originally? Use the familiar Thais section, expand on that with the mysteries and locations as is needed.
Keep in mind that a lot of the old tibia was walking for long times. Don't get me wrong, I love how the Tibia map looks, but game-play wise, is it really that good?
  • I don't like the killing in the name off... tasks, but I love mysteriandos. So maybe I am biased. Looking forward to the mysteries.
  • How will you stop botters? Why not throw out runes all together? Throw out everything in the game that is based on "waiting" Let monsters drop consumables or give fury etc.
  • What will you do with the economy? When you have an influx of golden legs, and no sink. What do you think will happen? "We make better items more rare." Okay, still, does this now balance the faucets and sinks?

• Unlock vocations/abilities as the game progresses. The same mindset as a lot of Tibia is based around waiting, so are spells and promotions unlocked with money. Why not make spell scroll quests. Let everyone have paladin melee qualities. And you unlock knight speed.

Just my random thoughts.

These "misses" (poofs) are damage being reduced by the shield. Even weapons, bow and crossbows have a "def" stat, that's why poofs occur even when you're not wearing a shield. The sparks are when the damage penetrates the shield, but gets reduced to zero or below by your armor. It's ironic how you question so many things but you've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Scollen

Reaction score

Just my random thoughts.
You should look into "zenith", and OT on discuss at this board. More of a OT for your ideas =)

Delvine looks sick tho, will be there!

OP
OP
Alw

Alw

Reaction score
We will in a few days open up closed test server. Being a tester on Delvine will mean that you test certain scenarios in-game. It could be trying out certain quests, hunting spots, NPC's or PVP battles.
The reason we will run a beta test is because we want to gather data to further tweak the server to be as good as possible.

If you would like to become one of the testers, feel free to join our group on discord to sign-up.

The offical site: Delvine.Net
Discord Server: Delvine Discord

popoverde

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Delvine is the feeling of killing your first dragon.

Stopped reading there, its like trying to become virgin again, just no.