• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Disable Error Dialog in Windows Server 2008 / Vista

crazydude

Networks
Reaction score
This is something i found on the internet.. used to happen to me.. but i finally fixed it.. just wanted it to share it with you ^_^

When the game crashes, the Program.exe process is still running in background because of the error popup that says “Program.exe has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.”

srcds.exe-has-stopped-working.png

If you disable Error Reporting, you will still get a similar error window that says “Program.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program”.

please-close-this-program.png

Program.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.
To disable Error Reporting in Windows 2008 Server, just run the command below.

serverWerOptin /disable

I found another guide from MSDN on how the user can suppress system and application error messages from occurring on an embedded system. The registry location is at the following, by default the value data is 0 and we should change it to 2 to set all messages to invisible.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Windows\ErrorMode.

Weirdly even after doing all that, it’s still not enough to disable the error window when the game server crashes. So I continue digging and I found that there’s another important registry key which you need to modify in order to totally suppress the “.exe has stopped working” dialog.” Go to the following registry location and change the value data to 1.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\DontShowUI

Now you can run the restarter and it will auto restart when it crashes.

This might be useful to a lot of ppl out there..

REP+ If i helped you :thumbup:

(I always wanted to say that jaja)

The fu** Krazyyee

It's called read before talking shit :thumbup:

lol I only skimmed over it. I wasn't talking shit either you nub, I was mearly pointing out the fact that its been copied directly from another website (not that I actually care).

"Its called read before talking shit" :thumbup:

Works, thanks.

(a way to test it (in 8.54 crying damson 0.3.6pl1) just reload creaturescripts it will crash when someone login (or die?)

Back