• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Disable error window in Windows so your restarter will work fine!

christiandb

Reaction score
Many folks I meet who use XP or 2003 constantly tell me how annoying it is to see that error reporting dialog box spring up when their Windows system seemed to be having problems. It is actually very easy to remove from view completely, never to be seen again. You can also re-enable it very quickly if you do want to use it. This article covers error reporting, how to disable it, modify it or re-enable it.

Error Reporting is easy to enable or disable. It can be found by going to your System Properties. This can be found by going to your System applet in the Control panel or by hitting your Windows Key on your keyboard and holding it down, then selecting the Pause/Break button simultaneously. This will open your System Properties as well. You want to view the Advanced tab.
image0031115649918549.jpg

On the bottom you can see the ‘Error Reporting’ button. This will open the Error Reporting Dialog box.
image0051115650176737.jpg

As you can see from my system, it is already disabled, but I can also specify that I still would like to be notified regardless if a critical error occurs. Yes, you can probably set this to ‘out of sight out of mind’, but I highly suggest against that unless you constantly check your error logs.

You can enable, disable, or modify the way that error reporting works on a Windows XP-based computer. When an error occurs, a dialog box is displayed that prompts you to report the problem to Microsoft. If you want to report the problem, technical information about the problem is sent to Microsoft over the Internet, that’s it. If you are not connected to the Internet, then nothing is sent.

Or if you don't see such a screen open command prompt and type this:
Code:
serverWerOptin /disable

If I helped you rep++.

Attachments

• image0031115649918549.jpg
    image0031115649918549.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 39 · VirusTotal
Ok, I got it...
In the image
image0051115650176737.jpg

You need to remove the ticket, so it wont give the error.

Mmm... it isnt working... with or without the ticket... what's wrong? I restarted the computer, everything :S

Last edited by a moderator:
No christiandb, this is not the windows error, but TFS error, they are different errors. It doesn't matter if u turn off it coz the error from server still will be there.

Add globalevent with lua script: 'shutdown()', it save and close server without error (restarter work) :>
-----------------------
This script close server 24 hours after start. Don't reload globalevents :p
In globalevents.xml:
PHP:
<globalevent name="shutdown" interval="86400" script="shutdown.lua"/>
in script:
PHP:
function onThink(interval, lastExecution)
	doBroadcastMessage("Server restart in 5 minutes. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 5 lin left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 60000, "Server restart in 4 minutes. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 4 min left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 120000, "Server restart in 3 minutes. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 3 min left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 180000, "Server restart in 2 minutes. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 2 min left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 240000, "Server restart in 1 minute. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 1 min left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 270000, "Server restart in 30 seconds. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 30 sec left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 290000, "Server restart in 10 seconds. Server will be online in few minutes.") -- 10 sec left
	addEvent(shutdown, 300000)
	return TRUE
end

It doesnt work for me, because when you close the server, some times its crash and gives an error.

Add globalevent with lua script: 'shutdown()', it save and close server without error (restarter work) :>
-----------------------
This script close server 24 hours after start. Don't reload globalevents :p
In globalevents.xml:
PHP:
<globalevent name="shutdown" interval="86400" script="shutdown.lua"/>
in script:
PHP:
function onThink(interval, lastExecution)
	doBroadcastMessage("Server restart in 5 minutes. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 5 lin left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 60000, "Server restart in 4 minutes. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 4 min left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 120000, "Server restart in 3 minutes. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 3 min left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 180000, "Server restart in 2 minutes. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 2 min left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 240000, "Server restart in 1 minute. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 1 min left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 270000, "Server restart in 30 seconds. Please go to safe place and remember to put your items in depot!") -- 30 sec left
	addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 290000, "Server restart in 10 seconds. Server will be online in few minutes.") -- 10 sec left
	addEvent(shutdown, 300000)
	return TRUE
end

Looks good, why should i not reload globalevents?

Back