• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Distribution with best combat formulas

GenElf

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently downgrading TFS3 to build a server with Tibia 7.4 combat mechanics. In order to do this, I need to find the Pre-Tibia 8.0 combat and distance damage. What distribution has these figured out the best?

TFS 1.3 seems really very different even from the latest Tibia, with for example Orcs doing too much damage against low levels.

I'm quite comfortable with c++, and will apply the changes to TFS1.3, so it can even be quite a broken distribution.

Interesting options appear Nostalrius or OTHire, any ideas and experiences?

both nost and othire has flaws.
i suggest to try make sense of the leaked 7.7 game binary and build it yourself, also to anyone that is using nostalrius distro, about 10% of the datafiles is wrongly parsed

both nost and othire has flaws.
i suggest to try make sense of the leaked 7.7 game binary and build it yourself, also to anyone that is using nostalrius distro, about 10% of the datafiles is wrongly parsed
Can you elaborate a little with one example?

Can you elaborate a little with one example?
  • monsters (alot of them is wrong)
  • objects.srv (items flags and attributes)
  • moveuse.dat (movements & actions)
  • npcs seems to be fine (except for a few source related things)
  • spawns, would not be surprised if wrong too
  • spells
did not check map related things, raids or houses.

theres alot of source issues too, not gona name them as its to many, but you're better of downgrading a newer distro as he is doing tbh.

Last edited:
  • monsters (alot of them is wrong, didnt check raids tho)
  • objects.srv (items flags and attributes)
  • moveuse.dat (movements & actions)
  • npcs seems to be fine (except for a few source related things)
  • spawns, would not be surprised if wrong too
  • spells

theres alot of source issues too, not gona name them as its to many, but you're better of downgrading a newer distro as he is doing tbh.
Well, I use Nostalrius a lot and fixed most of the things you noted, downgraded the sprites, etc...

I don't remember all of the stuff I fixed, but don't remember a lot of wrong or broken things on monsters nor items...

It's true that movements and actions require a little revision, but nothing hard to solve if I remember well.

About source issues, almost all of them have a fix published if I'm not wrong.

Almost every distro available to download has a lot more issues for someone starting from the scratch with them (not talking about people without skills).

Nostalrius it's like 90-95% ready once you download and needs a little effort to get it to work. I like the Cipsoft npc system more than the lua system for example. And the items.srv it's far easy to understand than to fight with otb, itemeditors, etc...

For example, to downgrade the actual forgottenserver to a 7.4-7.7 state needs so much work and knowledge in comparison, and you have to learn all of the new stuff (revscripts for example). Btw you will have a more sofisticated server with so many options missing on Nostalrius/Othire.

Thank you both for your feedback!

I really like many of the newer features of TFS, and would like to include Liberty Bay and Svargrond. I just feel that Tibia became too easy after the mage boost in 7.6 and the knight and paladin boost in 8.0.

I'm currently rewriting the TFS 1.3 logic after Combat::attack, using Nostalrius as a reference. Honestly, even if the formula's are a bit off (as I read on Github and the forums), it seems like a better structure for tweaking towards the correct damage formulas.

Does either of you have an opinion on whether Nostalrius or OTHire is more accurate?

@tarantonio talked about the 7.7 in general, not downgrading it to 7.4, but ofc that requires abit of work aswell

@GenElf since i havent touched othire in years, i dont have anything to say, but i know nost has a few bugs related to combat

Does either of you have an opinion on whether Nostalrius or OTHire is more accurate?
Both are good starting point, I trust a lot in @Peonso and he is very colaborative, he made Othire a good distro for old protocols with a lot of research to be accurate.
Nostalrius is something different, it's based in Cipsoft leaked files but with the forgottenserver 1.2 base. Maybe if I start now again I prefer to work on a more actual version. Despite that Nostalrius is very accurate to 7.7.
Both of them need reworks, I hope you share your advances in the respective github releases if you choose one of them to make those distros even better.

I'm currently rewriting the TFS 1.3 logic after Combat::attack, using Nostalrius as a reference. Honestly, even if the formula's are a bit off (as I read on Github and the forums), it seems like a better structure for tweaking towards the correct damage formulas.

Nostalrius formulas are closer to the real thing. OTHire is off by far.
Atleast that was when I last checked (months ago).

Back