• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you need another staff member?

Sparkles

snek
Solutions
Reaction score
Do you feel overworked?

Do you think you have too much on your plate?

Before I get to the good stuff, let me introduce myself.

My name is Toby.
Im 24 years old and currently working for one of the largest IT companies in Norway.
If im being honest, the work there is pretty boring and I often find myself with extra time to think about other problems that does not concern the company.
Because of the massively free time I have I thought I might make myself useful to someone, or just have some fun :O

I want to join a serious team looking to develop, or further develop an Open Tibia Project.
And because this has been a passion of mine I have been developing my skills whithin C++ and Lua.
Although im not a professional, I am always eager to learn more.
I've opened multiple projects by myself, but because the lack of structure and lack of willpower they have not been successful.

Why should you consider me for your project?
I am avid in the IT environment, and always on the look for solutions for various problems.
I partially know how to program in C++.
I am experienced in running and maintaining a server.
I'd consider myself pretty good in Lua.
Im eager to learn new things.

Things I do not want to be a part of;
Download and run servers.
People who are money-hungry.

If any of this sounds interesting to you, please contact me on Discord; Sparxlees#6357, or message me on OTland.

this is not to offense you by any way, but to me it sound like "I know some of that, some of that and that and I want to open an OT with you"
if you are working on the largest IT company, what do you do there so you know partially C++ and partially lua?
To me it doesnt sound good at all and I would not take this kind of stuff to the serious project :D
Also saying about your failures in the "CV", because we can consider that as "CV, is not a good thing ^^

Anyways, good luck and all the best!

Last edited:
this is not to offense you by any way, but to me it sound like "I know some of that, some of that and that and I want to open an OT with you"
if you are working on the largest IT company, what do you do there so you know partially C++ and partially lua?
To me it doesnt sound good at all and I would not take this kid of stuff to the serious project :D
Also saying about your failures in the "CV", because we can consider that as "CV, is not a good thing ^^

Well, he clearly states that development is becoming a passion of his due to Open Tibia.
Working for an IT Company could be a variety of roles, since he said he is experienced in running and maintaining servers, perhaps he is a Server Administrator for that company. Not all IT companies are developers.

Good luck on your search, probably better to have this moved to Jobs board, though.

May also be the case.
Just asked politely and with no offence :D

So much space to troll. Need to hold myself ba... Fuck it
Do you feel overworked?
Do you think you have too much on your plate?
YES! Please help me out!
I'd love to have someone on board to help me with all the shit I got on my plate.
Mostly that would include answering annoying and dumb emails and messages from idiots and them coming by the office personally. But also private duties like cleaning my apartment or going grocery shopping. That would go a long way already :)

My name is Toby.
Hi Toby, my name is Jeff.

If im being honest, the work there is pretty boring and I often find myself with extra time to think about other problems that does not concern the company.
So find something within the company to improve your work, workload and therefore also your education and drive forward your career?
That's what makes a good employee. Not someone sitting around waiting for the boss to tell them what to do. Be your own person!

Although im not a professional, I am always eager to learn more.
Wait so you work in an IT Company and do say that, so I'd expect something within IT. But say you are not a professional. The definition of professional is that it is the Job earning you your main income. So what is it?

I've opened multiple projects by myself, but because the lack of structure and lack of willpower they have not been successful.
So you got no stamina? Not exactly good :p

Sry, but I simply couldn't resist...

To me it doesnt sound good at all and I would not take this kid of stuff to the serious project :D
Lel, OT and serious project in 1 sentence. (Not exactly but you know what I mean)

Working for an IT Company could be a variety of roles, since he said he is experienced in running and maintaining servers, perhaps he is a Server Administrator for that company. Not all IT companies are developers.
STOP WRITING SMART THINGS BEFORE IM DONE WITH MY POST :-((((((

Well, he clearly states that development is becoming a passion of his due to Open Tibia.

Good luck on your search, probably better to have this moved to Jobs board, though.
Yes, my work consist of managing servers, mostly.

I would have placed this is the Jobs board, if I was planning to make money, which I am not.
Post automatically merged:

To me it doesnt sound good at all and I would not take this kind of stuff to the serious project :D

First off
Yes, I do know a thing or two about this and a thing or two about that.
Second,
If I do not see my personal projects as failures, how can I ever improve.
I'm not here to win anyone over by any means, I'm just stating my experience, failure or not.
Sure I could decide not to write about my failures, but then again, if i'd seen them as actual failures and not as an experience I wouldnt be here at all would I?

Last edited:
Check out my project, I’ll take all the help I can get.

I’m not building a server in particular but an entirely new engine, tho it’s written in C# it’s the most documented open-source OpenTibia project you’ll find :)

I started learning to program with opentibia as well, when OTServ was on the same stage my project is, so I think this is a good starting point if you’re serious.

Full disclaimer: I won’t go easy when you try to merge code, since there is a certain standard I need to maintain, but I can promise the same level of code review and comments I put into when reviewing code professionally :p

- Have you experience on coding to TFS 1.x+? If yes, show code examples. How much time on it? Lua only or C++ also?

- Have you experience on coding to OTClient? If yes, show code examples. How much time on it? Modules also? Corelib and core UI? Lua only or C++ also?

- Have you experience on coding to other Open Tibia projects (e.g, RME, Object Builder)? If yes, would you have code examples? How much time on it?

- Which code of an Open Tibia project (e.g, TFS, OTClient, RME, Object Builder) do you feel very familiar to code easily?

These informations, IMO, would be very useful.

So much space to troll. Need to hold myself ba... Fuck it

YES! Please help me out!
I'd love to have someone on board to help me with all the shit I got on my plate.
Mostly that would include answering annoying and dumb emails and messages from idiots and them coming by the office personally. But also private duties like cleaning my apartment or going grocery shopping. That would go a long way already :)

Hi Toby, my name is Jeff.

So find something within the company to improve your work, workload and therefore also your education and drive forward your career?
That's what makes a good employee. Not someone sitting around waiting for the boss to tell them what to do. Be your own person!

Wait so you work in an IT Company and do say that, so I'd expect something within IT. But say you are not a professional. The definition of professional is that it is the Job earning you your main income. So what is it?

So you got no stamina? Not exactly good :p

Sry, but I simply couldn't resist...

Lel, OT and serious project in 1 sentence. (Not exactly but you know what I mean)

STOP WRITING SMART THINGS BEFORE IM DONE WITH MY POST :-((((((

you wasting too much time lmao

Well as I see we could be good team. I have been working on my server 15+ years, it is a custom map RPG oriented, I have tons of ideas and systems but my problem always has been programming. Finally I moved forward and updated it from 0.3 to 1.2, from 8.6 to 10.98 but I have some scripts that are not working (some are simple things, others are more complex, quests as demon oak or svargrond arena (even with a custom map this quests give it some extra quality)).
If you are interested in a project like this I'll be glad to show you the map, you only need an ot client with 10.98 dat/spr, just PM and I'll send you the ip.

Back