• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you want an video tutorial of basic scripting?

Fermantor

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm working with OT's for a while now and learned a lot in this forum, but also a lot by just testing, reading already existing scripts, etc. I knew it wasn't the easiest way but it was the best for me, because in this way I understand it best ;)
My question now is: Should I make a video tutorial of the basic scripting (and maybe even more than just basic), so you can learn it easier than I did?

I know there are quite a lot and some very good guides on this forum already, but sometimes it's easier to learn something, when you "see and hear" it, instead of just reading a lot text.
So plz give me a feedback, if you are interested in doing your own quests, npcs, and item functions, or if you wanna just look on the request pages for it? ;)

I say go for it :) I always enjoy watching the occasional tutorial

This is actually quite a nice idea for people wanting to learn, i know myself when i want to learn stuff i hate reading bibles of text xD

Yes, PLEASE!!!!!! Im eating my own mouth here, trying to understand this xml and lua shiittys

I really support this idea, becuz i am one of those people that fall under the visual learners. i mean i understand what everything does. the chain of events of what the script does, but it could only help more to further my experience in trying to become a scripter :/

I am very happy about the positive feedback for my idea.
I'm sorry that you waited so long, cause I am back from my 3-week trip in france now and start the recording today, or tomorrow, so it wont take so long from now on ;)

Back