• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Easiest crash reporting tutorial ever.

R

Rozinx

This tutorial will show you the easiest way to get hands on crash reports. It will work, if it doesn't that means you just failed to follow it.

1 - Locate your sources folder.
2 - Once you located it, go to dev-cpp, and you'll find a forgottenserver-debug.dev file.
3 - Open that using the compiler (Dev-cpp).
4 - Compile it.
5 - Take the .exe and the .map file and put it in your folder
6 - Depending on your tfs version. The error .log will be shown either on the main folder or in data/logs/server.

Did I help you?
Rep++

This method sux as debug isn't for crash reports but it is for developers which need real time packets.

I do think that this tutorial helps a lot, I know it really dosen't help you sometimes, but knowing when or approximatly when an error happens, is the key to find a bug

Why is this posted in the development board? Shouldn't this be in the tutorial section, as well?

I was doubtful, so I put here cause it helps developing ot (?)
Anyway, if mods think it's not fine, they can move it :]

Well, this don't really help a lot, as the others said. What if the crashes keep coming? Shall they do the same thing over and over again?

I would suggest to carefully look and localize the error in the console (.exe) for any errors. If no errors are displayed, look at recently added scripts or functions if they support the distrubtion.
Other than that, you may ask players what they did exactly before the crash was experienced.

Ok bro, then do not use it.
I've used it and managed to fix 2 crash bugs.
Your choice.
Better than nothing I'd say.

First of all a tutorial should come out how to read these logs since many people won't be able to read the out.

After few hours with 200 + players u won't have any Ram available on your computer at all due to DEBUG option.
Guys belive me it's not for checking what caused your server to crash.

Back