• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

error when compiling

educasagrande

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'm trying to compile a TFS 1.3 on Ubuntu 20.04 but I'm running into the attached error.

Could someone help me, please?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Sem título-1.png
    Sem título-1.png
    643.6 KB · Views: 19 · VirusTotal
Follow the tutorial here (github/forgottenserver/wiki/compiling-ubuntu) step by step. Do not forget to install all the required libraries/dependencies. If the error persists after installing the required software, try the following:

Bash:
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver$ source ~/.bashrc
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver$ rm -rf build
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver$ mkdir build && cd build
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver/build$ cmake ..
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver/build$ make

Follow the tutorial here (github/forgottenserver/wiki/compiling-ubuntu) step by step. Do not forget to install all the required libraries/dependencies. If the error persists after installing the required software, try the following:

Bash:
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver$ source ~/.bashrc
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver$ rm -rf build
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver$ mkdir build && cd build
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver/build$ cmake ..
user@host:/path/to/forgottenserver/build$ make
hello thanks for answering, the tutorial was followed step by step, I did a test with the official tfs sources and I didn't have any problem when compiling it with ubuntu, now what I'm trying to compile is a custom tfs 1.3 console and I haven't been successful in being able to compile it, i tried doing what you say but still getting the same error.

hello thanks for answering, the tutorial was followed step by step, I did a test with the official tfs sources and I didn't have any problem when compiling it with ubuntu, now what I'm trying to compile is a custom tfs 1.3 console and I haven't been successful in being able to compile it, i tried doing what you say but still getting the same error.
So, it is not TFS 1.3. It is a custom distro based on TFS 1.3. Nor is it TFS 1.3 in your duplicate thread here. You have to be crystal clear when you ask for support.

So. Now.

If you want further assitance, you have to provide us with the source code of the custom distro you are trying to compile. You either do that or we cannot help you.

Your project structure was all messed up. I rearranged it. You can now do the usual cmake workflow in order to compile the source files.

Attachments

Last edited:
thanks so much, I'm going to try it and let you know if it works for me :D
I had some spare time this morning and I took the opportunity to fix the compilation errors you get after I fixed the problem with the project structure. I attach the corrected sources, which, by the way, are more than 7 years olds and probably lack a lot of fixes with respect to TFS 1.4. So, unless these sources are of good value for you, I would recommend you to update the engine to a modern TFS version.

Attachments

• poncex-tfs-compiles.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 1 · VirusTotal
Back