• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Evolutions map or Real map for an international OT?

Ancore

Reaction score
As the title says, I want you to tell me what is the best option for an international OT, I am planning to give it a try in Mexico, but before everything I need to know which map will I use... Real Map or Evo map?

Real Map and Evo map would have many events (lms, woe, ctf, zombies, pacman, bomberman, etc) and many custom islands (like 4-5 very custom islands and very bigs).

Just post ur oppinion in a comment.

Thanks!

This isn't really a 'support thread.."

But the best maps are Custom maps.. if you know how to map.

Look at it this way, Either have the same map as 100's of other people, and do the same thing.. add random 'special islands'

Or have an entire map you created yourself.

First option, will let you gain about 30-50% of players that join your server. (ie: they will try it)
Second Option, will let you gain about 40-60% of players that join your server. (ie: they will try it for longer then real map or evo because they have to explore)

The longer a player is on your server the more likely they are to stay or call friends to join as well.

Unique Server isn't always best, but it's a great start.

Imo :rolleyes:

If you got a nice Evo Server, in MX you will get nice amount of players, also Real Map, but I think is more funny having a Evo, because there's a lot of Real Maps, and you will need obviously more RAM, etc.

Back