• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gamemaster Experienced manager looking for active community

Mindez

Creator of WoL
Reaction score
While I hope many of you still knows me as the co-owner of the original "World of Lastwar" (WoL) community, I know that's not the case for all of you due to the considerable amount of time I've spent outside the community since my last project that didn't go exactly as I was hoping.

Basically, I'm an old-timer that used to host servers since the time when there were no account makers, no fair GMs and no creatures - only DM. I ran my own server for almost a year, named Metana, running other people's OTS-distributions (Such as Darkonia if I can remember the name right) and maps. Eventually, I got myself a new computer and decided I'd try somewhat of a larger project and put out an advertisement much like this one where I explained that I was offering hosting (And at that time, my 24/3 Mbit/s internet was considered very fast :p) and I was contacted by Gabbe.

What I did with Gabbe, on World of Lastwar, was basically pulling together a project with various people (Ains and Joulynz in particular) and turning it into something bigger than "just an OT server". Later, Gabbe and I decided it was time to let things go and we left. Gabbe, who was the rightful owner of the map and almost the whole server itself, sold the server and later the distro turned out on the forums as publically downloaded, earning even more publicity than it had already recieved.

Now that you know who I am you're probably wondering what I'm posting here again for? Fact is, I've become increasingly interested in working with something like WoL again and I would love to get involved with a currently on-going project with an active and cheerful community where I can contribute the most as a community manager and a helpful customer supporter.

I'm, of course, primarily looking for highly-populated servers because that's where I'll be able to make the the largest impact compared to a lower-populated community.

Furthermore, I program C++ and I know php, lua, xml, SQL fairly well.

If you'd like to propose anything, feel free to contact me here by posting a reply, sending me a PM or just e-mailing me on [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom