• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Failed to create item

Mjmackan

Mapper ~ Writer
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Yo waddap, trying to upgrade TFS 1.3 to TFS 1.4(I am using TFS 1.4), when updating otb version to 63 on map editor, client, items.otb I keep getting this error when launching the .exe.
[Fatal - Map::loadMap] [x:1006, y:952, z:7] Failed to create item.

And when deleting that item, it simply jumps onto next item.
I have updated RME to version 63.
I have updated items.otb to version 63 inside data/items.
I have updated the .dat/.spr file to version 63.

Map editor works and items.otb loads succesfully, everything inside item editor looks good, what am i missing?

Reload the item properties with the OTB Editor, make sure the item attributes are correct in the Sources. It's happened to me before, I can't think of any more. check everything again https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/blob/42473f346c35135701362c13ce354248769f26b2/src/itemloader.h#L108
So I've done, attributes seems correct?
Sources = CLIENT_VERSION_1287 = 63,
Item editor says 12.90 = 63

Checked everything several times already, can't figure out what I haven't done, thanks tho.

Edit: I took the old items.otb once again and updated the otb in the item editor rather than creating a new items.otb and now it worked.

Last edited:
Edit: I took the old items.otb once again and updated the otb in the item editor rather than creating a new items.otb and now it worked.

As I said before, Reload the item properties with the OTB Editor -
PSDT: I meant the Item editor not the object builder 😅, sorry... I will try to give better answers in the future.

so Its solved :)

Back