• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

failed to load data/xml/stages.xml: file was not found

toddyssey

Reaction score
I have been trying to set up forgottenserver on my wnidows pc and I keep getting this error when trying to run the exe for the server. the file is the correct folder with the correct path and I cannot find anything on how to solve my issue. ive tried replacing the file and restarted the whole thing, so I am not sure where i am going wrong, thank you for your help

based on the timing of this message, and the nature of it, i think we were on the same shortlist
Post automatically merged:

based on the timing of this message, and the nature of it, i think we were on the same shortlist
but my own solution was to just put the data folder that it was missing into the same folder as "theforgottenserver.vcxroj"
and after that it will propably tell you its missing the key, move that too

yeah you should copy your .exe outside of vc17/x64 into the actual main folder with config.lua and all the .dlls if they generated with the project :)

Back