• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Fake Story] Accusation

Rasiel

Reaction score
Hello!

I came here from a already inactive polish forum. We had a subforum that was called "fakes". At first they were fakes of Tibia's screenshots. Then users began to experiment. They create a kind of art called fake story. There are stories using Tibia's graphics, divided into parts. I would like to introduce you my latest idea for one of this stories. I called it "Accusation".
More about fake's (Arashel's words): https://otland.net/threads/36ths-pit.176297/
With the Arashel's help, I have a set of materials to create this. There are outfits, grounds, walls, nature elements and others. Traditionally, we all glued it together in Microsoft Paint. Also we have polish Tibia Font Converter.
I would like to know if there would be people interested in creating stories like this. I could then share this sprites collection. Let me know in comments.
So, there is a prologue and first part. In my spare time I'll try to quite regularly create another parts.

This fake story is also experiment for me in creating light effects like Arashel's works and other effects :)

Accusation - Prologue

0001eng.png

0002eng.png

0003eng.png

0004eng.png

0005eng.png

0006eng.png

0007eng.png

0008eng.png

0009eng.png
What do you think about this project?

Last edited:
That's pretty kool, I would definitely check out a thread like this

I must say, it's REALLY weird to see someone else doing Fakes...

Technical side:
1. I didn't like the resolution of Prologue. You could make it slightly bigger and then put that red text on the bottom of black strip, instead of slamming it onto panel which shows crucial events.
2. I now this may sounds selfish, but please, put your scenes in more columns/rows. It is easier to read when I can just look slightly to the right instead of scrolling every few seconds. Just like here: https://imgur.com/4CwpmjZ or here: https://imgur.com/cu5M5aU.
3. Try to avoid using white outfits. Even if you're making black-white panels, You should color those characters. Especially in scenes with crowds listening to someone. Uncolored white outfits are very obvious there.
4. I like the idea of black-white style with exception of one chosen color, just like in my “Vampyre” story, but execution wasn’t that good in few panels. That one color should be more subtle. That “blue screen” with blue uniforms and carpet looks off, with that big blue blob in the middle of panel while everything else is bright white.
5. I like the underground locations for Prologues. Those with alchemical equipment. Same with location of jailbreak, that outside spiky wall lloks nice.
6. I dislike scene with that herald talking to crowd and scene with “blue” mages. These are way to empty. This is maybe my personal preference but also I dislike graphics used to make that anti-magic underground jail from part I. Especially when there is normal stone-themed room next to it.
7. In western comics dialogue of Guard should be above dialogue of Edward, because He speaks before Edward. In your order Edward answer before Guard even asked the question. This is not manga or something Arabic.
8. Action scenes should be a little longer. First I thought this guy threw his sword/knife at Guard, but only after few moment of staring at it I noticed crossbow.

Story:
I’ll rate it half way through. Now it’s too early for me.
Fun fact: My original Angmarr Book: Shadow of the Moon from 2007 also involved big magical cataclysm made by evil mages and immortal-making rituals involving making artifacts. <3

Nice story, effects and sprites but... for me it's too dark!

I must say, it's REALLY weird to see someone else doing Fakes...
The greatest satisfaction is to see the comments under your fake after a few minutes :D

Arashel, some explanations to dispel your doubts:
1. I wanted to make bigger black strips, but it looked bad. Smaller strips looks like movie trailer character, even with text on images.
2. Habit! :D
3. I know, I'm lazy... I prepare to color every outfit in 10-15 combination to make scenes like this.
4. I thought that the scene with the tree looks the worst in this mode of coloring :p
6. I wanted to show a large city square (empty during the speech, only pavement) and simple hallway in building. It's just background.
7. Habit too. Just like in Tibia ^^
8. It will be longer, but this assassination was quick, so I reduced the number of images to a minimum.

Thanks guys for comments. View of interest is very satisfying. I will try next week to do the second part.

I'm thinking whether to share a set of materials in the new thread or maybe in this thread..

So I made II part of fake. I think I learned to do better shadows, also I decrease darkness. I do not exclude that I will play around with the frames on the model of comics, although I'm used to make images in the same size :p

Accusation: II Part - Tavern
0030eng.png
0031eng.png

0032eng.png
0033eng.png

0034eng.png

0035eng.png
0036eng.png

0037eng.png
0038eng.png

0039eng.png
0040eng.png

0041eng.png
0042eng.png

0043eng.png
0044eng.png

Last location looks awful. More details is crucial for showing bigger panels. Also perspective on that house is off with that column on the left and lack of 0 floor. That skeletal beast looks flat. Everything else is decent or even better.

Story: Again. More and more, before proper review.

For me it's cool, where are comments? :<

For me it's cool, where are comments? :<
Because Tibia community is full of retards. Especially polish retards. They are not "socialize" on forum and They are not interested in those kind of work. They can only understand brainless grind on 999x servers, name-calling when someone killd your demon, etc.

Nic nie widze na ekranie wysokiej rozdzielczosci :(
1. Use english. This is not polak-strong, this is international forum.
2. Tibia is based on 32x32 (rarely 64x64) pixel sprites. Why did You buy monitor with high density of pixels if you're still interested in sprites...?

I did not its college screen not everyone reading this shit is gonna watch your art in 800x600 lol

Two images side by side are 680px and only one (the last) is bigger so what's the problem?

I need more time to make III part. It will be for a week, maybe sooner.

Back