• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[FAQ] Your first 13.10 TFS-master OT explained

E

Evil Puncker

Where to download 13.10 client to use?
You can download it directly from tibia.com website or search around, unfortunately we can't provide a download link because of legal reasons.

How can I change client ip to connect?
You can download and use this ipchanger, or use this online tool, or patch the client directly using this patcher

How do I disable the annoying BattleEye client message?
Follow this small tutorial here, but first check if beforementioned tools didn't disabled it already!

Where to download compiled tfs for 13.10 version?
You will need to compile it on your own

Which folder should I send to my players?
"C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Tibia\packages\Tibia"

the "Tibia" folder content is enough for players to enjoy your game, make sure to delete the following folders thought:
  • bin\BattlEye
  • bin\client_launcher.exe
  • screenshots
  • characterdata
  • conf
Don't worry, client will recreate default files once started, this is to prevent sending the client with your own personal data to players (email, hotkeys, etc)

How do I add new items or edit existing items?
There is no Tibia.dat and Tibia.spr anymore, now everything is inside the assets folder and currently the only available tool is this one. But remember that you need to edit items.otb as well, you can use this tool, but keep in mind that its not finished yet.

Why is feature X not working?
TFS is a work in progress project, the community is always working on adding new features from time to time, so keep in mind that not everything is working, but your help is always appreciated. You can check a list of missing features related to the new client here.

Is the server full playable? Stable? Can I migrate from 10.98 (or any version) to latest tfs?
Yes, it is! The more people using the engine, testing and reporting bugs, the faster we can have them fixed or at very least, be aware that they exist. But yes, using tfs master branch is totally recommended.

Where can I get Tibia.dat/Tibia.spr to use with RME/OTC/Object Builder that contains 13.10 stuff?
You can get them here or convert your assets folder to .dat/.spr using this tool.

Which AAC should I use with this new tfs version?
Client 13.x gets the information from login.php file, and currently ZnoteAAC, gesior and my-aac (recommended) supports it. But make sure to use an up to date version and not random "ready versions" you downloaded from internet.

How can I change client background or any other UI, like we used to do with Tibia.pic?
Almost everything related to user interface is now packed in the bin\graphics_resources.rcc file, you can extract, edit and recompile it using this amazing tool.

I use custom map in my server but in the Cyclopedia the rl map is still there, how can I change it?
Unfortunately there is no available tool to do that yet.

Official RME is displaying an error message, what should I do?
Use this RME while we wait for the fix to be merged to the main repository.

I don't like the new cip client, can I use OTC?
Yes, you can use OTC 1.0 by mehah to login. (OTC v8 and edubart's OTC are not compatible)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent tutorial, I hope you keep updating it as soon as new features come out that are important to edit the thread, it is great to know that TFS still follows the right pat towards a better code and as always keeping the facility to create our own Alternatives Tibia Servers using this clean base that is almost 100% compatible with the scripting content of the forum. Cheers for a happy holiday season and an special toast for TFS always moving forward!

Updated rcc editor link with @Nekiro newly released tool!

and as a side note, there is some effort into adding 12.x support to OTC v1 by mehah, you can check it here

Are we going backwards in time where we're using a client that we can't even edit properly?
Morning Way GIF

Are we going backwards in time where we're using a client that we can't even edit properly?
people worried about this can just still use tfs 1.4.1 that is kept in 10.98 for another 6 years, while the ones would give 12.x a chance are building the necessary stuff to work with it... imagine if we only moved to 12.x protocol ONCE we had tools to use it lol

thanks to @SpiderOT @kokokoko @zbizu @Nekiro @jo3bingham and LOTS of others, some progress have been made towards a new protocol, its far from complete, but we are working our way out

Why would we move to 12.x protocol at all? We've had a good open source client for years. I don't see the point of encouraging users to move to another closed client?

Why would we move to 12.x protocol at all? We've had a good open source client for years. I don't see the point of encouraging users to move to another closed client?
We had good open source client for years?
Noone used otc at all
Otc is now popular because of otcv8 and their bots
Without otcv8 and otcv1 people still wouldnt use otc at all

We had good open source client for years?
Noone used otc at all
Otc is now popular because of otcv8 and their bots
Without otcv8 and otcv1 people still wouldnt use otc at all
And on the second note, otc can be made compatible with tibia 12 too, so whats the problem

You can download it directly from tibia.com website or search around, unfortunately we can't provide download links because of legal reasons.

You can download and use this ipchanger, or use this online tool, or patch the client directly using this patcher

Follow this small tutorial here, but first check if beforementioned tools didn't disabled it already!

You can get it here or compile it by your own, following this guide (its fully updated)

"C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Tibia\packages\Tibia"

the "Tibia" folder content is enough for players to enjoy your game, make sure to delete the following folders thought:
  • bin\BattlEye
  • bin\client_launcher.exe
  • screenshots (only internal content)
  • characterdata (only internal content)
  • conf (only internal content)
Don't worry, client will recreate default files once started, this is to prevent sending the client with your own personal stuff to players (e-mail, etc)

There is no Tibia.dat and Tibia.spr anymore, now everything is inside the assets folder and currently the only available tool is this one. But remember that you need to edit items.otb as well and currently there is no available tool for it yet.

TFS is a work in progress project, the community is always working on adding new features from time to time, so keep in mind that not everything is working, but your help is always appreciated. You can check a list of missing features related to client 12 here.

Yes, it is! The more people using the engine, testing and reporting bugs, the faster we can have them fixed or at very least, aware that they exist. But yes, using tfs master branch is totally recommended.

You can get them here or convert your assets folder to .dat/.spr using this tool.

Client 12.x gets the information from login.php file, and currently all of the three main AACs support it, so you are free to chose between ZnoteAAC, my-aac and gesior. But make sure to use up to date versions and not random "ready versions" you downloaded from internet.

Almost everything related to user interface is now packed in the bin\graphics_resources.rcc file, you can extract, edit and recompile it using this amazing tool.

Unfortunately there is no available tool to do that yet.

Use this RME while we wait for the fix to be merged to the main repository.

No, unfortunately there is still NO OTC compatible with tfs master, if you still want to use OTC, you will need to use tfs 1.4.1 that is still at protocol 10.98
I need to talk to you, how do I contact you?

TFS has always said the code will reflect as much of rl tibia as it can. If you want you can start a github with a project that doesn't follow tibia and is just created strictly for creating any type of game. Holding TFS back because no one wants to work on the client (open source) and keep up with TFS is not a good idea. Eventually TFS would die or just not be worked on for 10 years. Otservbr would take over.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Hello everyone. Can you help me download 12.87? I'm trying already 2hr to looking for this in google and I can't find it. I think I need this version of client because for the newest tibia I can't find hex number provided in different topic to remove battleeye error

how can i get the assets of client 12.87 to use on mehah otclient

and i don't know if it's possible but how can i allow multiprotocol, like, login in 10.98 and 12.87?

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck with the v12 client and IP changers. If anyone can give me pointers I'd greatly appreciate it. The results I've gotten make it look like it didn't change anything, because the error prompt on login attempt just says tibia account not found.

How can i get a proper client 12.87 since it cannot be downloaded from official page, cause current version is 13+?

how can i get the assets of client 12.87 to use on mehah otclient

and i don't know if it's possible but how can i allow multiprotocol, like, login in 10.98 and 12.87?
also looking for this^
edit:
a01fdd383211f157615aad1f5e109ebe.png

Last edited:
Is there anything on the 12.87 client? I just finished compiling and I'm having trouble even finding the client, or understanding how to patch one to 1287.

I just compiled OTClient and get the error ".spr and .dat files not found in things/1098/Tibia", but I can't even find the "things" directory

Back