• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Fix for noobs like myself who cannot connect to their own server

jimmydunphy

Reaction score
Hello everyone and Happy Newyear :)

I've created this for people like myself who cannot log into their own server, after many suggestions from people in threads all over the internet and Gesior from otlands this is the solution I've come up with to connect to my server via my domain.

There are two issues (among others) that prevent people from accessing their own server either via localhost or their own globalIP / created domain.
One is that you haven't forwarded your ports 7171 and 7172 for both tcp and udp. If you have done this, and you're sure they're opened (you've used port checker) then the issue is most likely that your router doesn't offer nat loopback. Routers that don't offer nat loopback as a security feature generally don't have a setting in their admin panel to enable it. I would suggest you download microsoft's nat loopback, you can do this by right clicking "My Computer" and clicking "Manage". Once you've done that you want to click Device Manager and you'll see a list come up. On the top of that list is your computer name (its the one above audio inputs and outputs) right click on that and click Install Legacy Hardware. Click on next and push install MANUALLY. Another list will pop up, scroll down to network adapters, click that and click next. On the left panel you want to select Microsoft and on the right side scroll down until you find Microsofts KM-Test Loopback and install that. Once that is finished, open your networks and right click on the newly created "Ethernet 2" and click on properties. Scroll down until you find the IP4V setting and open that. You want to switch it from automatic to manual and for the IP input your GLOBAL IP from www.whatismyip.com. The next spot should fill in automatically (255.255.255.0) and leave the lost slot empty. For your DNS manually change that to 192.168.1.1 and select OK and then you can close out of everything, reset your server and log in with your global / domain rerouted IP :)

I hope this helps someone! If you need any additional help with this issue please comment or PM me and I will do my best to assist you :)

Back