• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster FlammingVets needs a hoster!

Sir Shutter

Learning LUA
Reaction score
Hey, heard of flammingvets before? well.. Flammingvets is a source of cash, lol. Have you ever seen a fun server with about 999999x experience, and having 30 players online gaining 250$ in donations [Note :- That doesn't mean 30 players donated, it means some players from 30 players online donated :D :D], You will say to your self.. A server with only 30 players? Im out, But do you know why is it just 30 players? Because Im hosting on a laptop for over 3month's strange eh?, Also on the worth internet connection in the world, You ask how much is my upload speed on speedtest.net, Upload is the thing needed for the lags and so.. Well to tell you its 60, So you guess someone with 60 upload how much players can he hold, about 3 or 4 [5 If im lucky], But this 30 players are lovers to the server, they just stay there at temple or so, Flammingvets is an evoloution map 8.l0 XML, And I will need help with someone to change it to SQL 8.31 If we can do so, I trust my server and I respectily know that I would pass 100+ players, With a clean hoster he can host with me on his good internet till about 150 players would be great, we would get hell alot of donations then we can change to dedicated server, And the hoster is getting a part of the donations ofcorse, about 30% donations [Maybe I'l increase it], We will talk when you add me on MSN, But well to say flammingvets is a kinda big map, but not that big, People like it for the sake of fun over there, I like playing it with my RL'S to have some fun, its really fun to play there, you will say to your self now [I play with my rls and I said i can hold till 5 players], Well actually sometimes the internet goes better that i can hold 15 or something, we play at night together, and also to let you know if your hosting in the same country your playing the server in then you will find really almost no lags as PING 0, Well Il show you some pics for the people crying for a hoster, HAHA, and want to tell you something, You know Z-note server?, The owner CM Znote wanted to host flammingvets but he couldn't because its XML and he got not a really nice computer to host xml's, but its a good internet speed but his computer wouldn't take xml so it would crash, thats just to show you that flammingvets is really usefull on hosting, Well guys now to show you some pictures of those people needs a hoster xD

Before the pictures, when you see them if your willing to talk about hosting changing to SQL or so, please add me on my MSN :- [email protected]
Sorry entered wrong e-mail before, copy-pasted wrong -.-
CLICK ON EACH PICTURE TO ZOOM!!!!!
Pictures!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Dude, XML IS OUT, TRY TO UNDERSTAND, XML SERVERS ARE THE WORST SERVERS THAT HAS EVER BEEN CREATED.

Move over to SQL, it is not hard. Just download the latest tfs server and convert your map to 8.31 and copy it to your world folder and fix everything in config.lua, and stuff like that, it'll work. And, I don't believe you that znote wanted to host an evolution map before he admits it.

I TRYED CHANGING TO TO 8.31, I CANT CHANGE SCRIPTS :( I GET ABOUT 2000000 CONSOLE ERRORS, I TRYED ALOT GUYS I TRYED TO CHANGE IT TO SQL I HAVE BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS TRYING TO CHANGE NO RESULTS , ZERO RESULTS, NO ONE WANA HELP, I GOT ALOT OF DONATIONS THO FROM FLAMMINGVETS, FLAMMINGVETS IS THE BEST EVO SERVER EVER EVER EVER RELEASED , Webs - Free website, free hosting, free webpage - Make a web site with photo albums, blogs, videos, forums and more! -> CHECK THE COMMENTARY AND SEE THE DAMN REPLYS, NOT EVEN 1 REPLY SAYING IT SUX, ALL THE BAD REPLY'S SAYS 1 THING

[SERVER HAVING LAG] THATS -> FOR THE BAD REPLYS!

sorry for caps, i just had it with everything because i wasted my time 2 months working on it, and changing it to SQL no results no1 to help no nothing just z-note said he will host it, and HEY, you said to me change it to sql, if i change it to SQL i got over 3 DEDICATED HOSTERS CAN HOST IT yes 3 DEDICATED HOSTERS!, but no one wana host a XML server, I cant change to sql there is NO way, I did my best thats it, no one wana help, and if you think of helping me u can just add me on my msn : futureflamez@hotmail,com

I dont think someone is so good to help me :(

Edit:

I cant change it to sql, I tryed my best :( add me on msn if you can help

Last edited by a moderator:
if you got 250 dollars from donations...buy a dedicated....it's around 100$, lol! So, I don't think it's true ;>

Ok, listen now.. all this donations where they go? not to my pocket :D, I live in egypt paypal isnt world wide, its not supported in egypt, go to paypal.com choose country "egypt" not found, and i dont know how to setup daopay, so this donations i just tell them to buy me some stuff in other games for example buy me premium in rl tibia or buy some stuff with donating on other games.. thats how it goes, but if i get a good hoster and some1 can help me change to sql, there we can together setup that daopay thingy and buy a dedicated root -.-, or else if i can get some1 to change to sql il give him some part from the donations (just if he help me change to sql) !!

the website is again :- w-w-w.freewebs.c.o.m/flammingvetsgameworld -> check commentary

as a matter of fact i wanted the server not host it lol
or i want to host it but not to you only for myself so i can have some fun..
i want that you release the server

hah :> you is lucky what found such ppls, who want to donate for xml servers without dedicated server :> Anyway, it's your fault, you wasted 250 dollars and now want dedicated xd.... too bad what I'm not so lucky ;D

It really isn't that hard to convert to SQL.. Whats the big deal..? Get a database, upload, and the scripts should be working either way..?

Talking about changing to SQL and how it is :- First of all XML 8.10 scripts start with :-

function onUse(cid, item, frompos, item2, topos)

While 8.31

function onUse(cid, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition)

Not this only, ALOTTTTTTTTT OF scripts have different types like do add creature and this stuff i dont know nothing about so how u expect me to change it to 8.31 with all the scripts i got???

See? its not easy as u think

When converting an XML server to SQL not all scripts will work, not at all.

13th May 2008 (7 - 8 months ago?) I updated my Znote server from XML to SQL.
Back then, I did not replace the action folder with the XML kind, that was to messy, but I edited the TFS action folder, and extended it with the files from my xml server. There are scripts that was only working on my xml server, that I had to remove, for an example POI is still not working on my server.

My old post:
Greetings! I have been doing some testings yesterday, and finaly got my mysql working again.

I will very soon upgrade my server
From distro: UmbyEvo 8.0 XML
to distro: TFS 0.2.10 8.1 SQL

We may get some small changings ingame because of this, but I have been working on this, been trying to make it as close as I can get to Znote 8.0, and I will add some exstra feautures that comes along with 8.1

* Find a reasonable SQL distrobution to use. [Complete] (TFS 0.2.10)
* Configurate the distrobution to have same settings as Znote 8.0 [complete]
* Find a useable SQL related web page [Complete] (Nicaw 3.17)
* Add TFS deathlist to the nicaw version. [Completed]
* Import the Znote 8.0 map to 8.1, adding some exstra 8.1 feutures to it. [Complete] (only small changes)
* Added a new vocation: Summoner with special spells and abilities. [Complete] (not sure if I shall use this vocation, but made it ready in case i'll use it! )
* Added a special Pet System [complete] (now even bugfree!)
* Transfered the custom spells from 8.0 XML to 8.1 SQL, etc elemental strike, soul fire. [not done...] (having minor problems with soul/vocation)
* 8.1 enchanted weapons, npc that enchants weapons for you [completed] (works great!) ^^
* Adding the 8.1 spells [completed]
* Vocation balancing the vocations [working on...] (need to test it out before i know if its overpowerd!)
* Update the Znote client to 1.3, that support client 8.1 [complete]
* Added lastlogin to work on Nicaw accpage for TFS [Complete]

FAST FAQ
I will add same exp rate, skillrate, everything like that, and it will be allmost exacly same as Znote 8.0.

If there is a job you want me to do thats not in the list, then tell me about it! I might forget something! :p

I did this by myself, and no, I do not know how to make scripts from scratch, I only know how to use notepad. This is something you should need to know as well.

Since minor changes is happening all the time. And you should understand how the system in the data folder works.

It took me 6 days of studying and failing and at last made it working. (some things still not working, though) since I was not experienced at all with SQL at that time.

Remove all console errors, if you cant fix the scripts, remove it.

TFS SQL servers still use some common values, so the most important scripts should still work.

Back