• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Flash/Actionscript.....VB6/DX8

which one

• Flash/Actionscript

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • VB6/DX8

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • other(be specific name it)

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMac

entrepreneur
Reaction score
which one would be better for creating a mmorpg im looking for performance but also make the impossible some what possible:p

I would go for C++ and OpenGL or DirectX? From what you mentioned, I would go for DX8, but Flash can handle it as well, but the performance will be much slower. Alternatively, Flex.

Game could also be made as a web page, using some kind of Comet Server.

I would say DirectX is a better choice than opengl, but I don't think it runs on mac or linux so that could be a problem.

I would recommend C++ and DX/GL, but making it with multiple engines and multi-platform will me a bitch.

So flash.

thanks everyone for the responses!
need some more :p

I'd say C++ & some free 3D OGL-based engine.

Flash is easiest, but performance can suffer. C++ with DX would probably be the most efficient.

Alternatively,

HTML5+JS = Web Client
Memcached+APE Server+Comet Server = Web Based TFS :) I was already doing something like that, and it's quite easy the only problem is that I can't be bothered :p

thanks everyone for the responses!
need some more :p

Sorry but there are barely more *decent* options.
Those are the best out there, and i don't think you are getting a response as "RPG Maker", or "Dark Basic".
Learn C++, then you are good to go.

Back