• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

forgot router password

tsb0314

Reaction score
ok i made a new server and i try portforwording and it doesnt work so then i go to my ip adress in the url browser and it asks for a username and password what do i put?? i dont know my passoword. i have tried admin/admin....admin/blank.....blank/admin......blank/blank nothing works is there anyway that i can find it??

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
When you install your router, it gives a password and he has forgotten that...

????????
sometime it dosnt ask u 4 a password and it will create a password and username sometimes admin, sometime 1, sometimes in white, sometimes with the name of the router etc...

Check the underside of your router, should say the default admin username and password.

If this does not work then you or someone else has change the password. There is no way to find this out nor to recover it, it can only be changed from inside the administration control panel in the router, which you cannot access without the password and username.

You have to reset the router to be able to reset the password.
A guide on how to do this can be found in your router manual.

actually, it depends on ur isp, like my isp will actually change my router password on me after like a day, and then i gotta reset it again.

wtf? just unplug your router then go watch tv and say it was by accident, my router resets to factory default after a few minutes with no power.

Most newer routers stores their information in a chip that isn't affected by prolonged powerloss.
Best way to reset a router is to read the instruction manual and follow it. Usually involves using a pin to press a button and hold it down for 10 seconds or so.

Most newer routers stores their information in a chip that isn't affected by prolonged powerloss.
Best way to reset a router is to read the instruction manual and follow it. Usually involves using a pin to press a button and hold it down for 10 seconds or so.

It's the only way if hes too afraid to hold the reset button down. My router is 2~ years old from release date and it works, its only a suggestion though.

Back