• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [Custom / 8.0] Kasteria | ELOTH TEAM | NEW ANTI-BOT CLIENT| 4 JUNE AT 18:00 CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
https://www.kasteria.pl
Server Address
kasteria.pl
Server Port
Client Protocol
I understand, but from the last edition I got the experience that you are atleast 2 active staffmembers. I know the players would love if you manage to start the server without him being active 22 june until 9 july. But also it's important to get a good and smooth start to keep the players.

A big amount of OT players has no server to play atm. That's a big opportunity for other OT-hosters, although Kasteria is the best server I've played, there is still a risk that another server opens before 9 July and attracts players.
I'm sorry, but we are not going to start server earlier - 9 July is confirmed date. We are preparing a lot of new stuffs that should attract players :)

I'm sorry, but we are not going to start server earlier - 9 July is confirmed date. We are preparing a lot of new stuffs that should attract players :)

Can u atleast start countdown? to make peoples see next edition is starts and they can prepare theirselves

Can u tell us it's gonna be high-rate,medium rate or low rate atleast??

Can u atleast start countdown? to make peoples see next edition is starts and they can prepare theirselves
We will soon launch website with counting down:)
Agreed, also make continuous teasers and info here and on email to every player on the last edition. Good luck, I'll be there playing
Each our work is going to be described on website, soon we will also launch global forum so we can communicate each other here and share suggestions.
Can u tell us it's gonna be high-rate,medium rate or low rate atleast??
Its gonna be lower rates than previous edition, due to many new spawns & tasks previous rates were too high. But still we cannot name it as „low rate” :)

@GOD Wille
did u read my long post ? what do u think about ideas ? at least the most improitant ; lower exp / decrease death loss / forum / ruthless seven rewards

@GOD Wille
did u read my long post ? what do u think about ideas ? at least the most improitant ; lower exp / decrease death loss / forum / ruthless seven rewards
I did it on my phone few days ago, but forgot to reply when I was at PC, sorry. I will reply to your post tommorow:)

As fast as I will have free time I will reply to @Typlo post, Im currently injected in another project that I working for, so please just be patient.

Proposition:add stack mana potions. When u have 140lvl and u want to exp u have to take loot bag for 30minutes exp its so fucking boring and annoying

Honestly, don't change anything. There's a reason the server was on for such a long time compared to other OT's.

I'll be there at launch!

Non stackable manas, is a good idea. New players can profit just by selling empty vials of high levels to the NPC's.

As the most clever yet very humble user, the best ways of fighting botters are:

First one: Anti-bot client + GM's banning botters. (This one didn't work on last edition AT ALL)

Second one: Give the same advantage the botters have to the manual players; (It works)

What were the botters doing (mainly), and how to fix it?

Problem: "Targeting", "auto-attack" bot >>>> Solution: Add a battle list where you can hide/show Npc's, other players...
Like Real Tibia/Nostalrius/Medivia have:

Problem: Auto SSA, might ring bot/macro >>>> Solution: The item breaks if equipped too fast + cooldown after it's triggered.

Problem: Auto-looting bot >>>> Solution: quickloot just like in real tibia.

Last edited:
1. Lower the exp to stages similar to Nostalrius one. WHY: Everyone is bored of high level fights, people want fun - and fun is challenge. When you cant make POI in second day of ots, because first u need lvled knights, cash for supplies etc. Also wars are way, way better/funnier on those lvls.
Also - 8.0 is not balanced on higher lvls
Rates are going to be slightly reduced, as we have added tons of new spawns, tasks and many other things that made game a little bit easier. We haven't choosed what rates we will use yet
2. Decrease the death loss - If we say A then we need to say B, which is decreasing exp lose. WHY: 1. If you are war player its no sense to exp on higher lvls because you need to spent too much time to get lvl back when u die - and as war player, you are dying too much. 2.If you are RPG player, and get pked by random pk - you are just destroyed mentally, cuz 1.rpg players dont have team hunt friends too often, which means they make 1 lvl in 1.5-3h and on higher lvls - u lose 2 of them on one death. Also with very rpg low rate exp stage which is in point 1, it will be MUST HAVE change.
Reducing deathloss is not a good idea, it's tibia - death have to hurt in this or other way, if we reduce deathloss people will stop care about getting experience back as they will not lose any (people already loosing too less)- that mean, war players are going to login only to get a fight - what's leading to server die due to low population while there's no fight.
3.Before you open Kasteria, open a project (or even done it before start) of making a new island, city (SOMETHING BIG) with RPG quests, new npcs, new teamhunts and solo hunt places. WHY ? - Kasteria probably will have many people on start, new town is something that show players that this ots is worth to play, will give alot of fun at exploring specially when theres gonna be quests, and exp spots wont be too crowded on mid game (because many players will want to explore, and try to find new exp spots (which should be there) to pg.
We are on a way, our mapper is creating map content since few weeks already. But we won't release it at start of the server, we are going to wait few days or weeks. Also, currently we are expanding game content with new systems, such as dungeons that you'll be able to do 2 or 3 times a day. All I can say is that edition is going to be managed well as it should (just same as Kasteria from 2018 which stood for 6 months). We have also already protected our server in many ways - system should block any kind of attack that is comming.
4.Balance all vocations with 2 simply moves - a)BANISHMENT FOR USING TASKER on magic level b) DELETE TRAINING MONKS.
Why: Tasker on magic level making couple of mages overpowered at end game when they hitting for waaaaaaaay too much. Its OTS, you dont need to tryhard, or make huge lootbags to have cash. You just have cash, which means you can train m lvl EVERY NIGHT untill its so, so big.
Training monks is something that makes this ots always very big amount of players on online list, you got some point to keep them, but this is just "lying" to consuments. allowing tasker and making training monks is just simple move to make your ot look way bigger than it actually is, and also, at late game - when everyone have their skills - it brings unbalance. Lowering the exp rate and deletin training monks will make this ot a challenge and fun to play.
Deleting training monks will give advantage for mages as tasker is not detectable, and I'm not able to spend 24h in front of PC just to watch these. That's the reason we have added them, and we will not change our mind, sorry.
5. Rewards from rutthless seven - REWORKED.
You cant give everything in one item. Great def, and skill boost in one item is too much. Specially - when it just destroys the whole balance into items.
Let me explain :
By making shield like this for knight, you made YOURSELF unable to make new two handed weapon from other quest that you could make in future, because with shield like this there will never be option to use other two handed weapon - you would need to make 2h weapon atk 60 or with some huge boosts so it would be worth to not wear this shield.

By making shield like this for mage you made them hit way stronger on higher lvl but at same time having great defense - which makes no point.
Believe me, theres a point on rl tibia that makes spellbooks and magic lvl item have low def. Thats how its balanced.

By making shield like this for paladin, well.. i wont comment this, you just dont have respect for paladin players if you made shield like this and thought its good reward from BEST quest on kasteria.

My proposition - rework it, it dont need to be shield - mage can get spellbook or some wand/rod that hit little stronger but have magic level boost.
knight - maybe two handed weapon to make solo hunts stronger ?:) Paladin - for christ sake, give us finally a crossbow, and balance this shit PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE.. :)
As i am paladin i can give you some advices to make crossbow, since somebody said upstairs to make new ammunition, im not agreeing with that. All we need is good crossbow with atk dmg MAXIMUM +8/10 (so infernal bolt will have 50/52 atk) and some other extra bonus which i leave to you :)

Anyway - by changing the rewards you will just open for yourself easier way to make new items that wont colidate with this shields.
That's actually a good point, we will consider that before launch.
6.Make higher price of stone skins at djiin - or delete them from djiin, but make drop rate from hydras/warlocks etc higher.

WHY: I said that before, its ots, everyone got cash. Spamming stone skins as mage on utamo vita gives you alot extra seconds of surviving without punisment which is cash lose. Stone skins were made on real tibia as a survivor item which cost you actually alot of money. You were making a choice i die or i waste xx amount of cash to survive. As on kasteria everyone got money, everyone just spamming stone skins and no1 is getting punished for it (by losing cash, cuz no1 care about cash on ots that got mid loot rate.)
We might consider changing the price of stone skin amulets, but we won't remove them from djinn shops.
7. VERY IMPORTANT POINT. REWORK THE SPEEDBOOST.
WHY ? Everyone agrees that paladins and knights were always slower than mages, but no1 actually think about it deeper.
When master sorcerer on lvl 180 or 201 has got his first BIG speedboost - paladin with knight got it on lvl 241. Everything would be cool, eveyrthing would be nice, but unfortunentally, you didint think about that you got way higher exp stage till lvl 201 than after that lvl. Whats my point ? it takes 1 week to make lvl 201, and it takes 3-4 weeks to take level 241. I think its totally not cool

The best option to balance it would be giving us the speed formula from 8.0. Speed boost formula is working on real tibia due to spells like UTANI TEMPO HUR and UTAMO TEMPO SAN - this spells werent give "because so" . Knights/Paladins needed it due to new speed formula.
I think if you gonna lower the exp stage like its on nostalrius then 8.0 speed formula will be ok. If you gonna stay with your exp stages - then it will be unbalanced, due to many high levels goin on this world.
I don't know what are you saying, as we are already using real 8.0 speed formula, server that you have played few weeks ago has wrong formula (it was propably caused due to OTClient v8 walking that was boosting character speed)
8. New simple quests
Adding quests like Annihilator 2 etc will give extra mind game that " i need xx level so i can make this quest ". Mini quests dont need to have a good item reward. It can be outfit, some item to house - like a doll etc. For example annihilator 2 dont need to have good items in there, but after challenge the monsters and go to reward room, there can be npc that tells you about secret teleport and how to use it near edron that taking you to new demon/teamhunt spawn.
Another example (just to make you see my point) Seals in pits of inferno can have extra lower floor with new spawns and way to some little bonus reward for example plaguesmith room reward - plaguesmith doll + xx dark torturers room reward - dark torturer doll + xx . Every doll that is there can give little bonus when wearing on arrow slot - 5% from poison dmg/energy etc etc . It dont need to be 5%. It can even be 1% . My point is to add little "snacks" on server which will be worth to make when end game comming - either cuz u are bored, or just because u hunt venom dragons so it will be cool to have some little protection while hunting it by wearing plaguesmith doll. While you can make poi on lvls 100-130, extra floors should be for higher lvls. To avoid make new op hunting spots by mistake, you dont need to put there many monsters, you can make same monster as plaguesmith, with same look, but add more hp to him and dmg, but no exp ! we dont want new hunting spot there, we want a small/big challenge quest, we want players to go back on higher lvl and make poi again for the small rewards .
With the new map content, new quests and missions will come also.
9. MAKE MONSTERS IMMUNE TO THEIR OWN DAMAGE !
For example venom dragons, frost dragons etc. It was changed on rl tibia with a reason. No point of luring many monsters and hunt them with burst arrows as paladin, when dragons gonna just eat themselfs and take half exp for them. lol. Must change. Please.
We might consider that, but I cannot guarante that we will introduce it.
10. Dungeons - and this is simple, cuz u already made that for example on easter egg, when players had to enter teleport in temple to kill boss and get 10% more exp reward. You can make alot more of them, every day just like war event.

quick, simple dungeons one for skill training 10%, one for exp boost 3-5% etc, something that will make players want go there. Amount of monsters and their strengh could be calculated by amount of players participating in event. You can even add some items that the boss in dungeon drop that are needed for new outfits.
Already wrote about them in point 3.
11. War tournaments on arenas with rewards for leader.
Why not for everyone ? cuz you cant make everyone happy. Giving points for winning guild would destroy economy of server, it would be not fair to other players and also - it would lower your amount of money in pocket, and we dont want it, you giving us the server, and we should pay you for that. BUT if you gonna reward the leader (which is simple , he is commander - he deserve it, without him normal member of guild can just eat poop from his own pampers) with some even small amount of money (10-20-30-40-50 euro per tournament) it will mobilize everyone to fight in tournaments like that
Example : Veziv is enemy braindead commander, and mitch is my very, very good leader that i like (its just example), i gonna tryhard so veziv wont get this money and eat free kebab for this)

OR instead of small tournaments per week/month just make one big tournament per 2 months with high reward for leaders (it will mobilize many leaders to come to your ot, every leader brings 20-40 people with him)

Why tournaments are needed ? Because its always same story - one of leader cry, put fire bomb near temple and rook char, then another leader have no enemy to fight so he is leaving too, randoms see that war players goin on other ot so they leaving with them.

War tournaments will make every leader tryhard, stay on ot, no making xlog with one simple reason - its always better to got something for playing this game, than just wasting time and earn nothing. If members will have problem that only leader is rewarded for tournament - no problem, you can make your own team and try to challenge others.

Another idea how to reward guild for win tournament - You gonna roll the dice on some website (like everyone got his own number), the number that win gets the reward. It will mobilize even more to win tournament cuz you never know if this time its your time to win xx euro
Why im always talking about reward one player than everyone ? Its simple. You cant give good reward to 30-50 players. instead of giving everyone 1 euro each, you can give one guy a reward that actually matters..
If there are going to be teams interested, we may try to organize few tournaments in comming edition.
12. Make spamming on trade/world chat/default "DED OTS" and other things similar to this instant character delete/7 days ban without unban and warning/7 days being muted and bein unable to write to ANYONE (except private messages or npcs)

WHY: 1. If some1 thinks kasteria is ded ots , then well.. bye bye? :)
2. Rpg players/Randoms leaving when team starts to spam something like this - its sad, cuz many players are monkeys and it really works on them, many of them would want to continue play, but when they see something like this.. well we all know what happen.
Server dying is always starting from this 2 words that some players spam - "ded ots"
Yes, it's always annoying to read such messages - we will try to write a system that will instantly ban character for such words, then next banishment for that crime will lead to ban.
13. Boters - If you catch level 100 knight boting on monkeys banuta (thats example) dont punish only this char - lets go deeper, banning his main character. If you still want to continue politic of unban for points, it wont have sense, so we can choose even more deeper punishment which will be cleaning all his money and items from all characters that playin at same ip.
After move like this, this one boter can leave the server, but 20 other players will stay, because they wont leave when they gonna see some cashmaker knight boting on their spot.
We cannot punish characters that are not being botted for botted characters crime and definitely we cannot take his items/cash. Only thing we could do is banish bot character.
14. Characters auction system
Many servers got this, and its working.
When you leveling up your sorcerer, and theres comes the end game and you are bored - you always can stack money, then buy points for it, and buy another vocation, without need to level up from 0. This is something that should be for a long time.
We had it on some edition, it may return any time - but we have to discuss about time of inactivity so character will be transfered to market.
15. You said you got masteria forum base or soemthing like this - put it into live, give players forum and BE ACTIVE ON THIS AS AN OWNER OF SERVER THAT CARES ABOUT PLAYERS
Yes I have Xenforo license, I was thinking of launching one for Kasteria edition before but it didn't took a place. I think that we are going to open one on this edition few days before we start.

@GOD Wille Any chance of getting some Tutors and creating a Wiki page if there will be alot of custom areas/items/monsters

always nice to have wiki's and Forums based around servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.