• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[FRANCE][CUSTOM] ANIMERA V7.5 / 17 CLASSES / STORY MODE / DUNGEONS / UNIQUE MAP / IMBUEMENTS / FULL NATURE SYSTEM (RELAUNCH 30-JULY-19:00 CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
https://animera.online
Server Address
animera.online
Server Port
Client Protocol
It's about 24 hours left untill reset. First i wanted to say that we've made a lot of progress this week. Few more patches comming today and next days.

Almost every bug that is listed is tackled. Or is a easy fix.
Aside that we've made a good system against duping, against rollbacks of future possible abuse(as backup of database is getting made several times a day) and a lot better performance in terms of lag/freeze/crash or any other issue.

I was somewhere scared that i wouldn't make it in a week, but for how it looks like all big issues are solved, and many smaller ones are taken down too or will be anytime soon.

After all the bugs/crash fix we can even look further to tweak or improve current systems or expanding them or adding them on the V7 list(Which is already been worked on).

I've decided to give everyone who creates a character after reset a few skills so for example instead of starting with 15 sword you will start with 50 sword.

Also everyone will receive the donations(also from refferral or critical bugs fixing) and ofcourse 30 days of Premium Account.

Also everyone will be able to use 2 commands to activate your bonus.

Code:
!boost skills
!boost experience

Both will give a 50% bonus for 24 hours. and can be used once a account. The bonus applies on all character and can be used up till 21-8-2020.

I hope you all have a lot of fun after reset and ofcourse goodluck.

24 HOURS LEFT UNTILL RELAUNCH!

Some Patches:

• Elemental fields will now also harm monsters.
  • Monk got access to snowballs.
  • Increased level up chance on rare candy slightly.
  • Fixed anifried now does take money from blessings.
  • Slot count also visible on backpacks now.
  • Fixed some visual and imbuement issues.
  • Improved impact of distance skill to weapon damage increase.
  • Cancelling a item in market works now properly.
  • Slightly improved strafe chance.
  • Fixed few map bugs.
  • Added Icicle Bow & Aftershock sceptre to the store.
  • Improved stability/performance.
  • Fixed Ring of Elementals imbue.
  • Fixed bug with paladin spells not counting correctly the attack stats of the weapon in the damage formula.
  • Changed how the tile at the magician's island works.
  • Added leech to the icicle bow.
  • Fixed wand of stardust.
  • Fixed Stamina.
  • Mining won't give fishing anymore.
  • Fixed some PVP issues e.g. frags, timer etc.
  • Improved damage scaling of raid.
  • Increased dungeon time.
  • Some other small bugs fixed.
  • Soon more bug fixes & tweakings coming!
  • Made prestiges window bigger for better explanation of each prestige.
  • Party exp share is activated by default, no need to turn it on anymore, the party toggle function is now for friendly fire or (not)
  • Crash protection now also prevents mana being wasted.
  • Rewritten egg system, as some even claimed the other eggs weren't accurate too?
  • Updated client, walking animation should be more smooth, aside from other improvements(e.g. better auto reconnect) and new features possibilities..
  • Fixed Conjure Revival Rune spell.
  • Fixed few map errors.
  • Fixed heroic coins store.
  • Fixed some crafting issue.
  • Fixed the freeze issue.
  • Fixed some pet issue causing lag.
  • Fixed some other bugs.

Animera

Most disappointing launch of the year.

Most crashes on a server iv'e ever seen in my lifespan.

Most stupidest GM's iv'e ever seen on a server.

In the end if you don't know how to fix the crashes you shouldn't even launch the server to the public people.

10 years of development and we get this crap.

Inactive admins during crash spree.

Good luck on your next launch I guess.

In the end if you don't know how to fix the crashes you shouldn't even launch the server to the public people.

oh yea and he said i was trying to sabotage his server when trying to help him fix crashes. omegalul

Personally i am somewhere happy with the launch as we've became bigger as ever before, unfortunatly even after 3 years the launch wasn't perfect. But we're learning :)

We had some troublesome moments, unfortunatly 2 days ago we had a few hours of crash issues because a patch rolled out unintended when i was asleep. But glad we're gone through the worst. Since aprox. a week ago we've reached much more stable situation. Average of 3 crashes a day.

Yes this will really help improve whatever is wrong with them in whatever perspective.

I can't? We've reached twice crashless/bugless states in the past. Ez uptimes for weeks while in-game activity. Chances are it's sometimes hard to find the crash case. Which results into investigating the situation, checking the possible weak spots in your data pack, disabling features and/or reports from players in-game in case they've found a pattern they could reproduce(If someone even notices a pattern or willing to report it).
Most of the cases when i know the issue, i have very fast a solution ;) But i guess you already know that as programmer right?

Not too mention we've grown a lot playerbase wise, which means chances are that someone finds a bug or triggers a crash case is much higher.

Also good constructive critism i guess...

They were active but because most 'cheaters/abusers' are going madness is when the staff is 'offline/sleeping'. Unfortunatly the staff had barely any options as they have limited rights as GM(not the avg commands/right you see on most servers). So they couldn't do anything to fix/improve the situation and they can't tell the issue too, as i was gone, the crash spree happens out of nowhere so the only thing they thought it could be was a 'abuser'. As the game has been quite stable since previous week. So they decided to spy on every player for suspicious activity. As they have nothing valueable to say as 'wait for animera' or 'i have no idea what is causing the crashes and how long the situation will be like this' aside from blowing their cover. In the end they do not have access to the files nor are they programmers so there was barely any value in talking and getting overloaded with messages just so you can try to calm down people while you don't have the answers yourself and while you have to search for a solution too.

Thanks, hope you might give a another shot in the future regardless.

oh yea and he said i was trying to sabotage his server when trying to help him fix crashes. omegalul
Why are you even talking lol, mad because you got banned from the discord server? After days/weeks coming here trying to talk more BS?
Please tell the whole ot community what kind of a rare special gem you are. Yes your input to Animera was extraorinardy.

Oh no wait, let me do it. As it's often the case that you either say half of the story, or just talking nonsense.

- I've received several complaints about your destructive/toxic behaviour in-game chat & discord server chat.
There were several people who were disgusted by you and even needed to confront me about you.

- We've had a small little talk you promised you won't do it again.

- Had to tell you twice more to calm down and not to insult. (See server rules & our previous talks).

Sometimes we had discussions and some stuff i've had to explain you over and over and over again, even sometimes on cases where you agreed with me before, or if a other discussion went to a similar point where we both agreed on you suddenly don't agree on or when your sometimes stating obvious BS. Not too mention contentless discussion.

Which makes me question the following: Do you have any issues with reading and/or understanding and/or processing stuff in your brain or are you some weirdo who likes to manipulate/bug/annoy/troll other people? I only know both cases aren't my concern. I've gave you several chances, had a lot of patience with you. Tried to listen to you (like i do to others), while the others just preffered to see you banned or w/e.

But you're breaking rules over and over again, you cost me more of productivty in terms of concentration/energy or whatever by babysitting you all- day and wasted discussions based on speculations or personal preferences, then your 'part' of the bug fixing.

I've tried to believe in that you wanted the best for the server and to see the good in you. But the more and more i get to know you the more i question your intentions. You can be mad at me or whatever, that's your personal choice. In the end i only want the best for the server.

This is my last message to you. Anything i said here ^ is nothing new to you probaly, but i guess let me atleast make it more clear for the rest of the forum. As you're always so accurate Mr. Omegalulz

By the way banwave coming soon so get ready for more flaming <3

Love you all by the way,

Animera

Personally i am somewhere happy with the launch as we've became bigger as ever before, unfortunatly even after 3 years the launch wasn't perfect. But we're learning :)

We had some troublesome moments, unfortunatly 2 days ago we had a few hours of crash issues because a patch rolled out unintended when i was asleep. But glad we're gone through the worst. Since aprox. a week ago we've reached much more stable situation. Average of 3 crashes a day.

Yes this will really help improve whatever is wrong with them in whatever perspective.

I can't? We've reached twice crashless/bugless states in the past. Ez uptimes for weeks while in-game activity. Chances are it's sometimes hard to find the crash case. Which results into investigating the situation, checking the possible weak spots in your data pack, disabling features and/or reports from players in-game in case they've found a pattern they could reproduce(If someone even notices a pattern or willing to report it).
Most of the cases when i know the issue, i have very fast a solution ;) But i guess you already know that as programmer right?

Not too mention we've grown a lot playerbase wise, which means chances are that someone finds a bug or triggers a crash case is much higher.

Also good constructive critism i guess...

They were active but because most 'cheaters/abusers' are going madness is when the staff is 'offline/sleeping'. Unfortunatly the staff had barely any options as they have limited rights as GM(not the avg commands/right you see on most servers). So they couldn't do anything to fix/improve the situation and they can't tell the issue too, as i was gone, the crash spree happens out of nowhere so the only thing they thought it could be was a 'abuser'. As the game has been quite stable since previous week. So they decided to spy on every player for suspicious activity. As they have nothing valueable to say as 'wait for animera' or 'i have no idea what is causing the crashes and how long the situation will be like this' aside from blowing their cover. In the end they do not have access to the files nor are they programmers so there was barely any value in talking and getting overloaded with messages just so you can try to calm down people while you don't have the answers yourself and while you have to search for a solution too.

Thanks, hope you might give a another shot in the future regardless.

Why are you even talking lol, mad because you got banned from the discord server? After days/weeks coming here trying to talk more BS?
Please tell the whole ot community what kind of a rare special gem you are. Yes your input to Animera was extraorinardy.

Oh no wait, let me do it. As it's often the case that you either say half of the story, or just talking nonsense.

- I've received several complaints about your destructive/toxic behaviour in-game chat & discord server chat.
There were several people who were disgusted by you and even needed to confront me about you.

- We've had a small little talk you promised you won't do it again.

- Had to tell you twice more to calm down and not to insult. (See server rules & our previous talks).

Sometimes we had discussions and some stuff i've had to explain you over and over and over again, even sometimes on cases where you agreed with me before, or if a other discussion went to a similar point where we both agreed on you suddenly don't agree on or when your sometimes stating obvious BS. Not too mention contentless discussion.

Which makes me question the following: Do you have any issues with reading and/or understanding and/or processing stuff in your brain or are you some weirdo who likes to manipulate/bug/annoy/troll other people? I only know both cases aren't my concern. I've gave you several chances, had a lot of patience with you. Tried to listen to you (like i do to others), while the others just preffered to see you banned or w/e.

But you're breaking rules over and over again, you cost me more of productivty in terms of concentration/energy or whatever by babysitting you all- day and wasted discussions based on speculations or personal preferences, then your 'part' of the bug fixing.

I've tried to believe in that you wanted the best for the server and to see the good in you. But the more and more i get to know you the more i question your intentions. You can be mad at me or whatever, that's your personal choice. In the end i only want the best for the server.

This is my last message to you. Anything i said here ^ is nothing new to you probaly, but i guess let me atleast make it more clear for the rest of the forum. As you're always so accurate Mr. Omegalulz

By the way banwave coming soon so get ready for more flaming <3

Love you all by the way,

Animera
3 Crashes a day? stable?, when my server crashes twice a day, it feels like pain bro
you know that 3 crashes a day is 90 crash a month? if 1 player will leave at this crash 90 leaves in a month?, you also know that you made one of the best ADs without those crashes iam sure you would have passed 600-700 player online in your first day! but you couldn't offer good programmer to fix your server's issues, you doesn't need to learn something because you should learned today enough to be in the top 10, good luck ^^

Alright, I think there's been enough time to finally give my final thoughts on this server.

TL;DR Version
Great map, lots of potential but terrible execution.

Full Version
This server feels so sad to play because you can see how great it could be but it simply isn't. Almost every system that sets this server apart from a basic server is underdeveloped or completely neglected. You would think that a server that has been in development for 10 years would have much more thought put into its custom features, let alone be bug free. But bugs have plagued this server since I started playing and things still don't work. It's a common feeling that you just accept that most things don't work the way its intended.

Vocations
The main reason I play custom servers. I like the idea of playing "Tibia" in a new way. I don't want to play the same classes as the original Tibia. As this was the main draw for me to play this server, I really thought these custom classes would excite me. Sadly, they are very hit-or-miss.

For example, the Paladin class is probably the strongest single target damage vocation on the server, but has a terribly unfun and boring leveling curve until they manage to get their 2nd promotion, which basically makes the vocation overpowered. Instead of being a class that cycles through critical damage buffs, attack spells, or bursts of attack speed, this class basically turns in a single hotkey class. You turn on Barrage (a spell that increases your attack speed stat) and just kite and heal. And once you hit the attack speed cap, which is easily done the moment you get the 2nd promotion and train for a few days, your only increase will be from getting a stronger bow (which is incredibly difficult due to the loot tables) or training distance. That's it. You're done.

Another example is Sorcerer, which is touted as the strongest AoE damage dealer in the game. And while this holds true for the first 300 levels, that quickly ends. Your UE damage doesn't scale and that's basically all you are. You have no single target damage and no cycling of spells or buffs. Additionally, the Sorcerer actually does less damage on average than a Druid because of how common resistances for fire, energy, and death are. But with Ice being so uncommon, Druids deal more with their basic spells than Sorcerers with their 2nd promotion spells. And to make matters worse, the way his monsters scale make AoE farming impossible in the higher levels. Creatures either have too much movement speed, lifedrain attacks, or have way too much health, that you'll get overrun and die very easily. Builds are also 1 dimensional with the Sorcerer because they only scale with Magic Level. Attack speed would be the other stat they could invest into but they don't hit the breakpoints that makes it worth it.

Equipment
Another custom feature, most equipment in this game is either new or edited heavily. It makes finding new pieces of gear fun and rewarding, but that depends on which class you are playing. Most of the melee classes have options and upgrades readily available while classes like Sorc/Druid and Paladins do not. The server also makes use of set bonuses, but some sets are way too hard to complete yet are the only ones that give a particular bonus. The example I'll give is that Mages have the worst choices when it comes to gearing and set bonuses, because most of their gear only drops from extremely difficult monsters or bosses. They can wear the plethora of defensive gear that gives health and melee skills or speed, but very few pieces give magic level.

Upgrade System
This system seems the most completed and versatile system available on the server. In my opinion, this is where players could have differentiated their builds from one other. The amount of bonuses you can gain from your equipment is quite significant, but you're stopped by 4 factors of randomness: the randomness of attaining the correct crystals, the randomness of the crystal succeeding, the randomness of getting the correct stat, and the randomness of getting the best value for the stat. This makes it feel so bad to actually try and make your character "perfect". Not only that, the fact that you can get constant supplies of crystals from the cash shop rather than having to loot them teeters on a pay-to-win concept.

Other Custom Features
The server also boasts stuff like mining, fishing, crafting, and cooking. None of it is ever really used. Everyone mines or has a mining character to stockpile old iron for imbuements. Imbuements are buffs to weapons that are granted on a vocation basis, and it takes 20 per attempt. They last for 24 hours so you can understand why people stockpile old iron. Nobody crafts, nobody cooks, I think fishing was disabled entirely. And it all comes down to the fact that these systems aren't fleshed out. The rewards aren't worth it.

The server has a skull system and level system for monsters but they are uneventful. I've never been excited to kill a red skull monster and the levels are an afterthought, but better than nothing I suppose. It also has cursed chests but again, so rare that if becomes an afterthought and the rewards are underwhelming. Oh and the server has "teleports" you're supposed to unlock to make traveling the map easier, but it's like he forgot he had that system because there are close to 0 out on the world that have been found (3 found), and only one of them is even useful.

Bugs

So many bugs its pointless to name them all. And there are probably more but people have given up reporting or just feel defeated. Most of the people I know that play this server just assume everything doesn't work as intended until proven.

Now, the best things about the server.

The map is absolutely amazing and might not be the most detailed but is very thorough and filled with mysteries. It also makes you travel across the map since the story line places you everywhere on it. Some spawns are hidden under pick/shovel holes and others are only available if you do prerequisites like hitting the right levers or having the right items or quest state. There are so many random quests to be solved and most of them require some thought to attempt. They don't always work (which the admin will gladly clarify) or have red herrings, but I do enjoy that there are things left to explore and solve.

3 Crashes a day? stable?, when my server crashes twice a day, it feels like pain bro
you know that 3 crashes a day is 90 crash a month? if 1 player will leave at this crash 90 leaves in a month?, you also know that you made one of the best ADs without those crashes iam sure you would have passed 600-700 player online in your first day! but you couldn't offer good programmer to fix your server's issues, you doesn't need to learn something because you should learned today enough to be in the top 10, good luck ^^

Every crash feels like a pain mostly for me as developer who wants to deliver quality.
But to be exact i said 'quite stable', Which i think it is right because it is not about the amount but the game quality.

For example if we have 3 crashes average daily that would be a average uptime of 8 hours, if we assume you sleep 8 out of 24 hours you can even experience a max of 2 crashes If you would've been online all day(BTW we're currently at a average of below 1 crash a day, which may not even happen if the server restart system was applied, but we're checking the stability and performance cpu/ram of the server with higher uptimes/player activity to see any other possible issues e.g. memory leak and to monitor how the server performs to see any bottleneck or if the server has issues in terms of specs and to see if any system can cause issue somehow longterm..).

Many won't even notice a thing as not everyone is able to play 8 hours daily. Unless your ofcourse active in the wrong period. With minimal to zero rollbacks and a startup time of less then 1 minute (combined with crash protection first seconds) i hardly believe it's a big game quality loss.
Ofcourse we're working to a crashless state as we've reached twice before. In the end it's a matter of knowing the crash cases, because so far i've been able to solve every case, that's been known.

We've had many beta's before public and private, and everything that could be found was also fixed. Sad that most people won't join in beta's or only play for the fun/spoilers rather then breaking holes..

Due to some issues we did make some loss, but we made a lot of progress in the first month, and i expect to get more stuff improved the coming weeks, so i guess we will be anytime soon in a better state ;). Regardless we still grown a lot and i do not believe we've hit our 'maximum potential' yet :)

Animera

05:33 Uptime: 54 hours and 46 minutes.

Oops-i-did-it-again.

Still rolling on patches soon we can say we're clean again!

After everything is worked out again, we're gonna hold an 'event' with preset characters with certain builds where everyone can test the characters.
As i think this is the fastest way to check if there is anything 'off balance'. Especially for the last 5 new classes as they didn't had that much time of testing and tweakings compared to other classes. Anyhow we will see how it goes after that i don't wanna hear anything about it. I won't give any date now as it is hard to tell when we're ready. But bug-wise we can say we almost cleared out the majority, and barely need any more time for it.

After the event we will see if we can tweak and/or expand our current systems and/or work on the features we've listed already for V7.

Also WIKI will be expanded/more up to date soon too, whenever there is time ofcourse. Thanks for the input of some players
who decided to support ;)

Have a great weekend,

Animera

Alright, I think there's been enough time to finally give my final thoughts on this server.

TL;DR Version
Great map, lots of potential but terrible execution.

Full Version
This server feels so sad to play because you can see how great it could be but it simply isn't. Almost every system that sets this server apart from a basic server is underdeveloped or completely neglected. You would think that a server that has been in development for 10 years would have much more thought put into its custom features, let alone be bug free. But bugs have plagued this server since I started playing and things still don't work. It's a common feeling that you just accept that most things don't work the way its intended.

Vocations
The main reason I play custom servers. I like the idea of playing "Tibia" in a new way. I don't want to play the same classes as the original Tibia. As this was the main draw for me to play this server, I really thought these custom classes would excite me. Sadly, they are very hit-or-miss.

For example, the Paladin class is probably the strongest single target damage vocation on the server, but has a terribly unfun and boring leveling curve until they manage to get their 2nd promotion, which basically makes the vocation overpowered. Instead of being a class that cycles through critical damage buffs, attack spells, or bursts of attack speed, this class basically turns in a single hotkey class. You turn on Barrage (a spell that increases your attack speed stat) and just kite and heal. And once you hit the attack speed cap, which is easily done the moment you get the 2nd promotion and train for a few days, your only increase will be from getting a stronger bow (which is incredibly difficult due to the loot tables) or training distance. That's it. You're done.

Another example is Sorcerer, which is touted as the strongest AoE damage dealer in the game. And while this holds true for the first 300 levels, that quickly ends. Your UE damage doesn't scale and that's basically all you are. You have no single target damage and no cycling of spells or buffs. Additionally, the Sorcerer actually does less damage on average than a Druid because of how common resistances for fire, energy, and death are. But with Ice being so uncommon, Druids deal more with their basic spells than Sorcerers with their 2nd promotion spells. And to make matters worse, the way his monsters scale make AoE farming impossible in the higher levels. Creatures either have too much movement speed, lifedrain attacks, or have way too much health, that you'll get overrun and die very easily. Builds are also 1 dimensional with the Sorcerer because they only scale with Magic Level. Attack speed would be the other stat they could invest into but they don't hit the breakpoints that makes it worth it.

Equipment
Another custom feature, most equipment in this game is either new or edited heavily. It makes finding new pieces of gear fun and rewarding, but that depends on which class you are playing. Most of the melee classes have options and upgrades readily available while classes like Sorc/Druid and Paladins do not. The server also makes use of set bonuses, but some sets are way too hard to complete yet are the only ones that give a particular bonus. The example I'll give is that Mages have the worst choices when it comes to gearing and set bonuses, because most of their gear only drops from extremely difficult monsters or bosses. They can wear the plethora of defensive gear that gives health and melee skills or speed, but very few pieces give magic level.

Upgrade System
This system seems the most completed and versatile system available on the server. In my opinion, this is where players could have differentiated their builds from one other. The amount of bonuses you can gain from your equipment is quite significant, but you're stopped by 4 factors of randomness: the randomness of attaining the correct crystals, the randomness of the crystal succeeding, the randomness of getting the correct stat, and the randomness of getting the best value for the stat. This makes it feel so bad to actually try and make your character "perfect". Not only that, the fact that you can get constant supplies of crystals from the cash shop rather than having to loot them teeters on a pay-to-win concept.

Other Custom Features
The server also boasts stuff like mining, fishing, crafting, and cooking. None of it is ever really used. Everyone mines or has a mining character to stockpile old iron for imbuements. Imbuements are buffs to weapons that are granted on a vocation basis, and it takes 20 per attempt. They last for 24 hours so you can understand why people stockpile old iron. Nobody crafts, nobody cooks, I think fishing was disabled entirely. And it all comes down to the fact that these systems aren't fleshed out. The rewards aren't worth it.

The server has a skull system and level system for monsters but they are uneventful. I've never been excited to kill a red skull monster and the levels are an afterthought, but better than nothing I suppose. It also has cursed chests but again, so rare that if becomes an afterthought and the rewards are underwhelming. Oh and the server has "teleports" you're supposed to unlock to make traveling the map easier, but it's like he forgot he had that system because there are close to 0 out on the world that have been found (3 found), and only one of them is even useful.

Bugs
So many bugs its pointless to name them all. And there are probably more but people have given up reporting or just feel defeated. Most of the people I know that play this server just assume everything doesn't work as intended until proven.

Now, the best things about the server.

The map is absolutely amazing and might not be the most detailed but is very thorough and filled with mysteries. It also makes you travel across the map since the story line places you everywhere on it. Some spawns are hidden under pick/shovel holes and others are only available if you do prerequisites like hitting the right levers or having the right items or quest state. There are so many random quests to be solved and most of them require some thought to attempt. They don't always work (which the admin will gladly clarify) or have red herrings, but I do enjoy that there are things left to explore and solve.
@Animera Just ignore this guy he thought you would sell your soul for 5 dollars 🤣

Server is great but pretty unstable. A lot of times the client doesn't register my input and I get spikes of high MS. It is not my connection as another individual I was playing with also confirmed lag at the same times. If things were more stable this would be a unique server with a lot of potential.

Last edited:
Almost every bug is killed, so we're moving our focus towards the new features and possible class balancing very soon. See our discord for latest patches!

Server is great but pretty unstable. A lot of times the client doesn't register my input and I get spikes of high MS. It is not my connection as another individual I was playing with also confirmed lag at the same times. If things were more stable this would be a unique server with a lot of potential.

What kind of input to be exactly? It could be the bot settings we're set too aggressive preventing you from doing other actions (exhaust, default TFS feature). But afaik that should be fixed now according to the patches.

Afaik there's only sometimes ping spikes on higher uptimes (combined with other factors?), But that's temporary ;)

Animera

The input not going through was indeed due to the bot. I figured that out the next day, each time I disabled the bot and played manually during that period it was fine. It takes precedent and interrupts player controls. Great to hear there have been fixes!

Dear folks!

First i wanted to say we've made a lot of progress and we're finally almost through everything.
There is still some tweaking/fixes that we need to work on and also new features that will be added soon.

We want to thank everyone who still plays Animera regardless of the issues we've been through.
So i hope that this double exp weekend will make up for it outside of all the fixes and expansions we've been added...

Double EXP weekend from 2 OCT 00:00 - 5 OCT 00:00

Kind regards,

Animera

Dear Folks! It's been a while!

It took longer as expected, but i managed to get through the majority.
I've had to go through all the server details again to check for tweakings/balances of the game.

(Partially due to the false claims but in generally it comes with a lots of details to take account with).

I've redone the majorit of items. Which means reworking the majority of quests(Over 300 quests), monsters loot(over 800 Monsters), Cursed chests, Crafting, Gladiator Arena, and so on.
I've redone many monsters and spawns, which means more viable spawns and a better spread of spawn tiers.
I've also made some changes skill wise making sure every skill is more or less as valuable as the other for example a melee skill compared to a leech or attack speed skills.
And ofcourse other details as SP/MP/game difficulty/economy etc.

Outside of the balancing i also improved some other stuff, or added new features e.g. soul system/added many new UBERS.

I must say it may look small changes at first, but you will notice the difference when your in-game ;). I can go on for hours if i will go through all the details, but there are quite some patches. That you can read back (check 4 latest messages). Many changes.

But we aren't there yet! First we need to see which bugs came with the update and this can only work by testing stuff.
Which means we will need to reset now. From previous tests i've seen that people will either play their main or give items to noob chars.

Which is counterproductive in general. Also the changes are too big to continue in this state. If i would do it i would need to create a (another) rebalancing toolfor every player in-game as the current items are probaly way too good. Outside of other changes.

After debugging(and debugging other small stuff) there are a few more fixes,improvements and/or features that i want to add in between the debugging which i don't expect to take long at all. But then we can move on to the last part and that is going through all the class details for the class rebalancing(if needed).

One of the reasons i added 5 new classes earlier then i expected/planned for, but i guess it's the best moment to add them as i can take them all with the rebalancing. There are still some details that i need to make decisions about (class wise) but we will see how it goes through the testing and ofcourse the class balancing.

So in short:
  • Update will be launched.
  • Characters will be wiped again for testing purposes.
  • some few more updates will follow combined with the class balancing before we can relaunch again.
  • Also some WIKI (especially the 5 new classes)

Because we gonna relaunch soon again, we have a TEMPORARY donation bonus again. This means every donation up to 1 day before the relaunch.
Will be recovered on launch with a 50% bonus. There is NO date set, but i do know we're very close and a limited offer. As people know me i am not waiting to reset
every time. Aside i didn't wanted to give a other 50% bonus again as it might have a bad impact on the game economy. But as we also will make some changes in
the store soon i thought 50% is fine.

Anyway if you had a lot of fun with animera before, You will have even more now ;)

Kind regards,

Animera

Dear Folks!

We've managed to take down the majority of the bugs (if not all) of the update and other bugs known from before the update.

There will be still some stuff we want to work on before relaunch like updating wiki & last checks on the class balance.
This won't have to take too long. This means that we are able to launch VERY soon!

I do not have a exact date yet, as we still have to decide when it would be the best and prepare it etc....

But you will hear it very soon in a few days. This also means that we gonna speed up again the current test again.

With a another double experience/skills rate during the weekend!

THE 50% DONATION BONUS IS STILL AVAILABLE TILL THE RELAUCNH. DATE WILL BE SHARED VERY SOON
DON'T ASK ME LATER AGAIN TO MAKE AN EXCEPTION OR OTHER EXCUSES. DEADLINES = DEADLINES.

Animera

ANIMERA V7 IS COMING!

It took time but i wanted to make sure everything was right this time.
Aside from bugs/stability issues also content expansion, other possible improvements or new systems.

We're planning to relaunch again on 5-FEB-2021 on 19:00 CEST.

So everyone untill then has the chance to make last checks on the server before there is no time for climbing up the learning curve to be ahead of the others when things get's real!

Currently everything seems to be stable, few minor bugs left off the list and final check ups on classes that will be done in the last weeks before we're going to relaunch, but in it's current state it looks to be ready to create some crazy times.

EVERYONE WHO DONATED IN THE PREVIOUS LAUNCH WILL HAVE THEIR COINS RECOVERED BY 25% ASIDE THAT THERE IS STILL A 50% DONATION BONUS THAT APPLIES ON TOP OF YOUR DONATION (AND GETS RECOVERED ONCE CONSUMED DURING THE TEST) IF YOU DONATE UNTILL 4-FEB-2021 23:59. This is my last warning and reminder.

Regarding the updates / changes / improves etc. read the following VVVVVVVV

5 New Classes
New Project (35).png
Cleric / Illusionist / Spearman / Elf / Necromancer

Because i promised to make some checks and/or fixes on the class balances it would be better to bring some more classes.

So i can make all the checks all at once without re-doing the same thing over again in the (near) future. Aside i don't want to keep on resetting/forcing OG's from 2017(or later) to keep on going over the same cycle. Aside that there is space for more class variations.

Cleric -> Quite similar to a BM, except this is a more supportive split (from the mage side). I didn't wanted to create a third glass cannon UE class(especially as it relies on holy element) or a secondary druid with just a different element. As BM is more unique. Aside that BM's are quite offensive. It could definitly use a more supportive variant.
(Aside from missing support class, and more holy based classes for a day/night balance... many death based classes...)

Illusionist -> The hybrid magic user(We didn't had one yet). Uses everything like a sorcerer does more or less. But less offensive, more survivability.

Spearman -> The new hybrid ranged class, as we will move paladin to a glass cannon class.

Elf -> The defensive ranged class(We didn't had one yet). Uses music weapons or Bows, Has lots of buffs and debuffs for PVE and PVP.

Necromancer -> Quite similar to the conjurer class. Except this one is a offensive class while the conjurer one is a defensive class. Some people like to play a class who plays with summons. That's fine but i didn't want to lock those people with a defensive class.

Soul Absorbing System
New Project (36).png
There are currently about 110 souls, they can be dropped from specific creatures & bosses on death. You can equip up to 5 souls at once. Each soul has a different effect while some only give passive effects e.g. damage reduction or bonusses, there are also some souls that comes with a passive, or a spell that can be casted at will (with a certain CD) or other effects. e.g. additional bounce chance, or reduced cooldown on dash spells e.g. shadow slash, turning you into a wolf with maximum walkspeed etc.

This way you can learn for example a boss his signature move that you maybe like to have .
So if you always wanted to have some signature move of a specific boss <cough>longshot<cough> you have now the chance to master it!

Reworked Items & Monsters
In our previous launch we've seen the game became way too easy because we overloaded with features that came with V6. Which resulted in many spawns and monsters be less valuable as they were. So we've increased the monster's difficulty rate, but besides that we also took care of quite some monsters manually.

Which resulted into Many creatures moving up in the tiers, but also less spawns for each level range, but more usefull spawns, tiers and sub-tiers. Aside that we also changed a lot of items, mostly stats changes that fit with the new setting. But we also added quite a lot of unique weapons(Ubers).

We decided to use every sprite/item there is to create more tiers. This changes also come with loot & quest rewards. And ofcourse more value to items such as passive staffs, spellbooks, rings, amulets, reworked stats etc.

Changes in Upgradebles
  • Max Item level raised from level 20 to 100.
  • Amount of slots a item has depends on the level of the item or rarity of the backpack.
  • Maximum amount of upgrades slots on each item is raised to 5.
  • Due to new PVE rates, gem bonusses each slot are increased from 3 to 5%.
  • Breakchance reduced, due to more RNG (less chance on 'perfect'rolls).

The legendary gems will now give an bonus effect on every armor/shield/spellbook.
Yellow: 1% Bounce off the attacker
Green: 1% Clone damage
Red: 1% Electricution + Paralyze

Other Interesting Changes:
  • Many interesting consumables are added to the crafting feature: war crystal, gems, heroic coins, soul stones, morph runes, old iron's, and more!
  • You can now stack up to 3x happy hour food bonus.
  • You can now buy premium scrolls, time boxes and golden piggy banks from the heroic coin store.
  • Many new spells added in spell scroll mostly.
  • Maximum amount of prestiges increased.
  • Each quest will now give atleast 20SP.
  • More achievements added, SP/MP sources.

Lottery
Every 6 hour there will be a lotery held with players who are online & active!

The lottery is completly random but varies between: from SP/MP to consumables as upgrade gems, hunter's pack, stamina champagne to temporary boosts like 1 hour 10% exp bonus and such. Up to 5 players can win during the lottery, Depending on the amount of in-game acitivty.

Bugs/Crashes
In the previous launch we had quite some issues with stability and bugs, Months passed away and we managed to fix them all(atleast all that are known). and break it again (due to changes and new features) and back again bug/crash free. I can't promise 100% perfect state as only time/activity will tell. Especially as the activity on the test is quite lower then during a actual season/launch. But i dare to say it's a huge improvement. Easily reaching high uptimes.

Some worth to share patchnotes:
Lua:
- Cursed chest slightly improved.
- Gladiator arena slightly improved.
- Dungeon reward slightly improved.
- Misc skill speed reduced.
- Elemental arrows now have a small AOE. Still working on the reworking of items/quest/loot etc.
- Legendary gems will now give additional effect on all non-weapons. For each slot you can gain 1% chance to trigger a effect when YOU get hit.
Yellow: Chance to bounce away the attacker 1-3 steps. Only works if attacker isn't too far away. And if your not trapped yourself.
Green: Chance to clone damage, similar to reflect except that reflect halves the damage of both parties.
Red: Chance to give the attacker a 'taser' effect (2 seconds paralyze + energy DOT)
- Banana staff actually shoots holy banana's now.
- Npc economy system improved. The price decreased 3% with an exception for stackable items which decrease by 0.003%.
- All bullshit vanilla wands/rods got changed (they all scale by mlvl/lvl and cannot be bought anymore from eryn :P)
- Legendary gems bonusses visible on skills windows & on gear.
- Creature products npcs added in the cities: Sunrise city / Snowpoint city / Naranja city / nearby Woodlum town / Floatdrive town
- Monk weapons do not consume mana anymore.
- Attack of ammunition is now visible too.
- Rare candies added as cooking possibility.
- Sugar oat added too quite some monsters loot.
- Shields now also has a chance to have legendary gem effects e.g. bounce.
- Price increased of: Prestiges / Imbuements / Travel
- New crafting possibilities added:
Red upgrade gem can be crafted with 100 small enchanted ruby + 1 upgrade crystal, and so for other respective colours (except for the yellow gem as there is no enchanted topaz, so normal topaz gets accepted).
Old iron can be crafted with 100 iron ore's
War crystal can be crafted with 100 old ore's + 10 enchanted rubies
Heroic coin can be crafted with 100 crystal coins + 1 golden ingot
Heroic coin store now also sells golden piggy bank, premium scroll & timeboxes.

New spells added in the spell scroll.
Infinite Ammo - Ables paladins to shoot without consuming arrows for a X period of time.
Mokey Madness - Single target taunt spell for conjurer, caused by a monkey as distraction.
Warcry - Ables every class to increase attack speed, this spell can be used at trainers as it is accessable for every class!
Rain of fist - New spell for monks
Blood sacrifice -> Trades health for mana regeneration, Cannot be    stacked, regenrationd depends on the sacrifice + a profit.
Some star conjuring spells for rogues.
Some new ammo conjuring spells for paladins.
Shadow shield implemented for rogues.  Shadow shield is a buff that cannot be used together with assassinate. Shadow shield allows the player to forward % of damage to mana damage (a bit like utamo vita), this % depends on the amount of % avoid chance you have.
& Some other usefull spells.

- Made a slight difference in attack speed gain on promotions between classes.
- Barrage lv1-lv3 will be deprecated and will give a buff again that increases the distance skill instead like sharpshooter....
- SP gain on levels now increases even beyond level 1k.
- Increased impact of MP on magic level.
    level 1000-1333 = 5 SP
    level 1333-1666 = 6SP
    level 1666-2000 = 7SP
    level 2000-2500 = 8SP
    level 2500-3000 = 9SP
    level 3k or higher = 10SP.

- Increased amount of SP available through SP quest chests.
- Increased amount of SP gain on average quest 20 SP instead of 10.
- Increased price of temple scrolls and cleansing flasks.
- Reduced spawn rate again in oakheart city and other spawns as shamans.
- Items can now have a negative level too e.g. -5.
- Some more interesting loot removed from some monsters e.g. (war hammer -> nomad / Epee -> Ghoul / Mystic turban -> Djinn's) and moved to more RNG systems.
- Samurai's instinct now gives critical chance instead of attack speed.
- Conjurer's buff spells will now last longer.
– some new content added..

Reworked distance weapons. as many know we have followed the vanilla's style often to reduce the learning curve.
But the learning curve is unevidable and vanilla's system makes less and less sense the more we got customized.
Normally 90% of the weapon attack factor comes from ammunition(which can be bought/shared etc, the other 10% is bow/crossbows). instead of bow/crossbow.
This made it very hard to balance and made paladin less gear dependant in terms of damage. This is ofcourse changed.
From now on crossbows and bows will have 50% attack factor which requires paladins to be more gear dependant. But this
also means there will be more support e.g. desert quest/quest weapon book etc. bows will now have more attack speed support
while crossbow gives accuracy support.

- Avoid RNG capped at a maximum of 1 avoid each 200MS(Still experimental).
- Avoid chance now increase through shielding without a minimum skill. so shielding 10->20 regardless of class the avoid
starts. The limit of 13% is now removed.
- Melee/Distance/M lvl skill impact slightly boosted. For every 10 skills you will do 0.5% more damage weapon and spell wise.
- Magic resistance now also reduces magic damage by 0.5% every 10 mres on top of it's current reduction.
- The amount of MP you get for every level is increased on higher levels.
- Made magic level skilling less stale over the levels.
- Reworked stages.
- reduced exp loss on death by 30%
- Monks will be possibly reworked too as the rebalance of attack speed made monk less a attack speed based class..
- Buffed many story mode bosses.

Morph rune now has much lower CD, and is capped by amount of creatures. To minimalise the usage issues during hunting.
- Fishing is improved. (less average trash), You cannot fish up monsters nearby town, but you do have better item chance.
Also more monsters were added to fish later on higher levels...
- New raids added.
- Guild members gets 7% exp bonus.
- Reworked crafting/cooking/mining etc.

In the past you could craft/cook/mine instantly. From now on when you do one of the things. You cannot walk for certain amount of time(5 seconds).
With a picking animation or something able you a skill for each 'hit'.
- Mining enchanted gems is now more rare.
- Monsters can now have rubies/enchanted rubies and others in their loot. If the monster is not too weak compared to your level.
It's removed by default from every monster loot.
- Increased drop chance of spell scroll.
- Fixed some issues with detaunt.
- Due to some changes with how loot works (internally), we've made some changes: During cavebot you get a 5x loot reduction instead of a
explosion chance (which should do more or less the same thing), also skulled monsters and story mode bosses in team mode get's a certain loot bonus.
This loot bonus works by iterating the lootlist of chances a few times, rather then going each list once and manipulate the base original chance
in the algorithm. In theory it's the same but could bring some accuracies. e.g. many bag drops and still hard to roll a rare drop... and
ofcourse a small performance margin.

- Added many new spells for classes spell scroll, but also improved few existing spells.
- Guns reworked from now on their attack speed also scales with attack speed skill again. No individual speed. Also different attack stats.
- Expanded some spawns / Added few more spawns.
- Now you can eat up to 3 special foods in a hour. the 7% exp bonus from satisfaction can be stacked now.
- Enchanted rubies and others can be crafted again by 100 rubies.
- Maximum prestiges increased to 33%
- Prestiges now requires a quest.
- Omashu now cannot be accessed without X quest.
- Loot message will now also share information about dropables e.g. upgrade gems.
- Added few more quests
- Upgrade gems have now a lower breakchance and bonus varies between 1-5%.
- Life leech / Mana leech and Critical chance is now halved. This was done because it affected weapon aswell as spells.
Which can be very intense at higher speeds/bigger lures&AOE's. Which is fine if ofcourse a certain range of that build, that support.
Which is still possible with the renewed gem system (5x3x10=150%/2=75%) in full set case. A little smaller then before (90%)
But this won't make it too easy to outheal crazy heights with a small % of the build, while this would make a better balance in comparison
with the normal skills/builds.
- New Achievements added.
- also your left hand now also gives attributes again. like crit or leech.
- Dimension Rifts reward are improved.
- Client improved
Autotarget + Spell/Item will not be casted without a target.
You can now set a timer for your auto cast spell.
Autotarget will now ignore many more misc monsters, that you cannot engage with as normal monsters e.g. the creatures from conjurer/necromancer spells.
– Updated the Shop
– Improved the tasks npc's
- Changed the heroic coin store and the donation preview below depot with the new store.
- Increased impact of both promotions(First promotion will now also give some health/mana aswell and some boost).
- Added new skilling weapons for shielding and magic resistance.
- Added few more tasks.
- Wasps got exp buff due to new AI.
- added new item sets bonusses.
- Removed dwarf miners from the sewers, and a access through the worms minecart.
- Added many new unsellable items to soya.
- Fixed some skilling issue.
- Improved WIKI now every spell comes with spell description instead (Same description as from the NPC, might need some small improvements aside that there is no promotion spell nor spell scrolls being shown(yet)).  Classes are now more or less ranked in damage/surviability. Yes also the 5 new classes are added. Remember the changes aren't final and may have minor errors in it. I didn't care much about some details because i know there will be final changes on it after the 'rebalancing checks'. Like spells moving from teacher/spell scroll or promotion etc. It will be expanded soon even more.
- Elf's can't debuff other players or themselves while using it on monsters..
- Fixed issue with electric-paralyze paralyzing yourself.
- Improved spells of conjurers and necromancers. The summons won't dissapear after losing a target but after a certain time and are now more responsive.
- Gem bonusses should work now better: You can now use any upgrade item in whatever order to maximize it.
- The normal cleansing flask we are used too now will only remove slot bonusses.
- a second cleansing flask is added which ables to remove the legendary gem.
- fixed the issue where you can get triggered by effects like ele-paralyze when you heal someone.
- Guns will now have stat bonusses too.
- Fixed some story mode issues.
- Items can now have a maximum level of 100. Instead of 20, the fail chances are still the same and gets even harder after 20.
- Added war crystal to daily chest.
- Daily chest now requires level 100.
- New cleansing flask added to the npc's.
- The slot amount now depends on the item's level.
- New perk added for misc skills.
- perks will now also show other buffs like the temporary boosts dropable, happy hour food bonus.
- Added new command !globalperks to check any active globalperks (the ones of the crystal/100cc each 10%) but it will also show when i added a manual bonus.
- Added a secondary auto spell caster with a timer in bot.
- Added buttons in the inventory window being able to turn on/off bot with 1 click.
- Max pet level raised to 500.
- Skill pets can now reach 2x higher stats then before.
- Unicorn is now the better healing pet compared to sacred essence.
- Fixed issues with offline market not showing legendary upgrades.
- Buffed the amount of skills you get from avoiding some spells from the mobs from the isle of legends.
- Added few more spears.
- made some weapons unstackable e.g. light emerald buckle, throwing stars etc.
- There are now also monsters/bosses who are able to debuff temporarily leech's.

04:29 Animera have activated the global 500% exp rate boost for next 72 hours.
04:29 Animera have activated the global 500% skill rate boost for next 72 hours.

Don't @ me, if you can't keep up with the changes on relaunch or fail to 'build properly' again ;>

Have Fun <3

RELAUNCH: 5-FEB-2021 19:00 CET

Will give another try at relaunch. Cleric and elf seems like a lot fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.