• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
Bump. A very professional and exciting server to play, the staff is very helpful and kind aswell as the owner who makes sure every individual has a good experience on his server. Never before have i played a server where the owner is out in temple/depot etc. helping the players and conversing with them. Highly recommended server to play and excited to see what it has in store in the near future.

rofl knigther talking in temple? HAHAHA never seen that happen. Only time he speaks with anyone is Gamemaster knigther: Voc?, log out for 5min

rofl knigther talking in temple? HAHAHA never seen that happen. Only time he speaks with anyone is Gamemaster knigther: Voc?, log out for 5min
Maybe you're on at a time I'm more inactive/sleeping? Or maybe I ignore you for a specific reason? Potentially displayed by your post.

Right now I am playing Rift, its kind of like World of Warcraft but its free and more fun (well I never bought into World of Warcraft so my experience with it is limited) anyway, I am really enjoying this game its a lot of fun, sure there is a pay shop and there are people who have more of an advantage then myself because currently I am not buying into the game or just starting out.

The reason why these companies can offer free game play is because of the people that pay into the game while the rest of us that don't get almost the same game-play experience which is ok. Not everything in life is equal, people keep complaining about pay 2 win, well if it weren't for these people paying to win as you all call it, then you would not see any quality free games especially not with regular updates. People are motivated in life by some incentive whether it be a girl/guy you just met or have been with for a long time, a new job, or just the pleasure of doing good toward your fellow (wo/man). The point is people need some form of satisfaction, whether it be monetary or otherwise to keep them motivated and moving forward.

TLDR
If @Sir Knighter did not make money from his project then with his limited skills as a developer he would not be able to host or produce a well made game, built and paid for by you and his supporters. This ideal applies to all well made and regularly update projects, not just ot servers.

~Codex

Right now I am playing Rift, its kind of like World of Warcraft but its free and more fun (well I never bought into World of Warcraft so my experience with it is limited) anyway, I am really enjoying this game its a lot of fun, sure there is a pay shop and there are people who have more of an advantage then myself because currently I am not buying into the game or just starting out.

The reason why these companies can offer free game play is because of the people that pay into the game while the rest of us that don't get almost the same game-play experience which is ok. Not everything in life is equal, people keep complaining about pay 2 win, well if it weren't for these people paying to win as you all call it, then you would not see any quality free games especially not with regular updates. People are motivated in life by some incentive whether it be a girl/guy you just met or have been with for a long time, a new job, or just the pleasure of doing good toward your fellow (wo/man). The point is people need some form of satisfaction, whether it be monetary or otherwise to keep them motivated and moving forward.

TLDR
If @Sir Knighter did not make money from his project then with his limited skills as a developer he would not be able to host or produce a well made game, built and paid for by you and his supporters. This ideal applies to all well made and regularly update projects, not just ot servers.

~Codex
Whoa... Means a lot coming from someone who borderline hated me in the past. I appreciate your wisdom as that's something I try to get across but people don't understand. They expect a full time development team (something I don't think ANY other OT currently offers) without us making enough to pay for food/rent. It gets really tiring when people compare us to other servers daily that are not online anymore/the developers gave up as they made no money and got bored of their hobby.

GrowGuildhall.png

Did you play Archlight New Dawn? Here are some free kickass rewards you get in Archlight Legends - Live on November 10th at 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 17:00pm CET / 18:00pm CEST
Frost_Dragon_Hatchling.gif
noblemage.gif
Shadow_Hart.gif
warriormale.gif
Dragon_Lord_Hatchling.gif

Players Above Awakening Level 200 will receive a Retro Outfit on Launch + Shadow Hart Mount + Red Dragon Companion +2 to all Stats.
Players Above Awakening Level 150 will receive a Shadow Hart Mount + Green Dragon Companion +1 to all Stats.
Players Above Awakening Level 100 will receive a Shadow Hart Mount + Frost Dragon Companion + 5% Essence Find
Players Above Awakening Level 50 will receive a Shadow Hart Mount
Shadow Hart Mounts will be removed from the store and only accessible from awakening rewards in Archlight Legends

~Additional Patch Notes~
The Health of all Greater Dungeon Bosses has been lowered by 50% across the board.
The Damage of Greater Dungeon Mobs has been increased by 40% across the board.
The purpose of these changes are to 1. Make the boss fights shorter than previous. 2. To create more of a challenge to the creatures throughout the dungeon, making the entire dungeon require coordination and precision to complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
wasnt this server starting 3-4 months ago? and then like same time before?

wasnt this server starting 3-4 months ago? and then like same time before?
It started, we had fun, but team came to the conclusion they needed to make a bigger change and a restart was very much needed.

After 3 months? Am not trying to point something but am sure server is not loosing activity after 3 months again and again if creators are working on it constantly, reset isnt the right answer for everything.

In my opinion, the game and client are very well made.. They have accomplished quality progress above CipSoft however the way this servers gameplay is made makes it boring. You need to use the in-game bot and just afk all day while your character levels itself. You spend around an hour a day or less actually playing by doing dungeons, but they are not really better then afk botting. The only hiccups are when somebody mass kills your afk hunt party, and making you need to find / make another one. The game is made to keep people's clients online, it's not really focused around challenging or consistent gameplay and heavily reliant on donations to be competitive.

I get you require extra money compared to most other servers due to the heavy amount of work that you get people to do on this server, but it's turned this into a 'whoever spends the most money has the best advantages' kind of game. Donating in-game shouldn't be a pay to play style, it should just assist us to make things easier. It turns a lot of people off to be competitive here who don't want to spend over $500+ like several several other players have. It sucks the fun out of the game for people who play casually. The majority of servers have donations which help players along the way, but a player who never donates could still be better than them without donating and here that cannot happen. Donators get SUCH a huge advantage.
Don't get me wrong I really do like this server but I can't enjoy it like I want to. It's just felt like a pay to bot server.

In my opinion, the game and client are very well made.. They have accomplished quality progress above CipSoft however the way this servers gameplay is made makes it boring. You need to use the in-game bot and just afk all day while your character levels itself. You spend around an hour a day or less actually playing by doing dungeons, but they are not really better then afk botting. The only hiccups are when somebody mass kills your afk hunt party, and making you need to find / make another one. The game is made to keep people's clients online, it's not really focused around challenging or consistent gameplay and heavily reliant on donations to be competitive.

I get you require extra money compared to most other servers due to the heavy amount of work that you get people to do on this server, but it's turned this into a 'whoever spends the most money has the best advantages' kind of game. Donating in-game shouldn't be a pay to play style, it should just assist us to make things easier. It turns a lot of people off to be competitive here who don't want to spend over $500+ like several several other players have. It sucks the fun out of the game for people who play casually. The majority of servers have donations which help players along the way, but a player who never donates could still be better than them without donating and here that cannot happen. Donators get SUCH a huge advantage.
Don't get me wrong I really do like this server but I can't enjoy it like I want to. It's just felt like a pay to bot server.

Basically this. Sad because such a talented group of people who are good at what they do, but they haven't found a way to make money without all the incentives and benefits from throwing massive amounts of money at the server.

> my bot

candybot

Look gajs I edited config in tfs
it's now mine

oh gajs I edited 3 lines in the linux kernel, it's now my distro I call it MyLinux
Yea, he shouldn't call it "his bot" but there was alot of work put into the bot completing rebuilding many parts of it, as i'm sure you know candybot has alot of massive flaws that make it virtually unusable on fast paced server. Trala put alot of work into improving it.

After 3 months? Am not trying to point something but am sure server is not loosing activity after 3 months again and again if creators are working on it constantly, reset isnt the right answer for everything.
Yea, unfortunatly our primary focus was to completely rework the looting system and many other aspects that felt irrelevant in Archlight. Something such as this did require a fresh start. We don't enjoy doing it.

Part of the reason we removed so many things from the shop this era. Everything that allowed a "no ceiling" to donations was removed.

Archlight Legends Launches in 22 Hours at 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 17:00 CET / 18:00 CEST!
23380178_530723137275043_3951121340718063455_n.png

Guilds will now be recorded and forever remembered in the Hall of Fame. This will remain forever in Archlights History Books. Guilds will be ranked in 1st 2nd 3rd in completion of each quest. Mark your Legend on Archlight Forever. - ArchLight Online

Back