• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
Live Tomorrow! November 22nd!
livestreamfinkelz.png

Housing Contest Week 2 - 2 PAIRS OF WINGS
housecontestweek2.png
This week's winner + 2nd place will both receive a pair of wings!

Jumped back into the server for a bit and while my free time is severely limited, what I have been able to do is enjoyable.
My only real issue is having no team.

Thanks for the server, Sir Knighter. :)

Regards,
Cody

Patch 10.2.0 (Friday December 1st)

lordrituals.png

Lord Rituals are instanced arena fights against 1 of 5 different Lords. There are 2 optional alters, one for guilds, and one for freelancers "a single player". Every 23 hours, you can do 1 Ritual for each the guild alter and the freelance alter. Ritual Lords require a minimum amount of Gold to be summoned, Guild Lords require 1kk minimum, and Freelance Lords 250k minimum. By base, these Lords will drop 10 and 2 Lord Bags. These Lord Bags can hold many different things, including stat stones, legendary upgrade stones, large stat stones, rare outfits (retro outfits) and mounts, and even some companions. Ritual Lords however can become stronger than their minimum amount. All Guild Members (or single players for the solo Lords) can sacrifice gold to continue to increase the Lord's strength. For every 100k gold added, he gains 1 Lord Bag to his loot, but he also gains 20% damage and 20% health. What this means is powerful guilds are able to create larger Lord's for more loot, and smaller guilds are able to still kill Lord's daily. Due to the nature of their loot, Lord's should be killed whenever their cooldown is up.. however, you may find a benefit to waiting for more members to be online, to fight a harder Lord, with a larger loot pool!
Each Lord has it's own unique mechanics, the Lord you are sacrificing to will be noted when you start sacrificing gold to them.
3 New Devil Wings
blackdevilwings.gif
devilwingred.gif
devilwingblack.gif
devilwingblue.gif
These 3 are just a preview, they will be even more refined before Friday
One of these (you choose) will be gifted to you for free whenever you donate 159.99
In the near future we will be adding a few new things to wings to make them a bit more unique how they handle ingame ;)
ArchBot Changes
Save and Load function added
Directional Spells should now properly work and not kick players
ArchClient Changes
emotes.png

Emotes have been added in-game! They can be used by saying "emote(emotename)" example - "emotesmile"
warningtile.png

New Warning Tiles for boss and special mechanics, this is much easier to see in the midst of a fight and gives a much better warning to players.
Forsaken Outfit Colors now properly apply
Magic Wall no longer displays a pillar in the sprite

Patch 10.3.0 (December 7th)
Currently all things below are planned to be in this patch, but please understand complications can arise, things can be delayed, but this is our plan on release.
theotherworlds.png

The Otherworld Quests (4 of them) Released
Each of these quests have a 72 hour quest box at the end, but more importantly also grant access to their respectively otherworld hunting ground. These hunting grounds contain many different creatures that offer very good loot drops and high yielding experience creatures.

Jorus Quest Remastered
Jorus has been remastered and repurposed an a lategame quest to succeed the Iceforged Quest. This quest will have a 72 hour quest box but more importantly will give you the Wand of Jorus. This Wand can be consumed to grant access to The Otherworlds.

New Leaderboard Additions (More Bragging Rights)
New Categories added including... Professions highscores, Most Companions owned, Most Mounts owned, Most Addons owned, Guild - With Sub-Categories... Guild Level, Guild Total Power, Guild Average Power of Members)

Crafting Changes
Farms will now be 20% the cost.
The energy required for farming (Planting and Gathering) has been increased by 300%. The Amount of Farming Skill gained and the Amount of Crops you retrieve from harvesting them has also been increased by 300%.

Guild Changes
The top 5 ranked guilds on Archlight (based on Guild Level) will now display badges for their members. The #1 Rank Guild will have the badge displayed below.
unknown2.png

You will now be able to see which Guild Perks your Guild has purchased.

Misc Changes
Casting a heal on someone else will no longer work from a protection zone, this is to prevent people from MCing characters to heal themselves from PZ.
A added in front of the level of Awakened Players to better display that they are indeed awakened.
Stages have been added to awakening experience, to better scale the experience from monsters for high level awakened players (making hunting more relevant). They will scale at roughly the same rate that crafting and dungeoning does for an awakened player.

Last edited by a moderator:
am I the only one that feels the house contest winner is a bit inapproriate? good that you put a spoiler but still imho that house should not even be looked at for the house contest, no matter how "well decorated" it was.

I really admire the work you guys are putting in this, but i think you misjudged this weeks house contest

am I the only one that feels the house contest winner is a bit inapproriate? good that you put a spoiler but still imho that house should not even be looked at for the house contest, no matter how "well decorated" it was.

I really admire the work you guys are putting in this, but i think you misjudged this weeks house contest
To be honest I don't think any of us staff or cms expected anyone to be offended by an emblem recreated from over 80 years ago, but a few players did get offended so we added a spoiler. Like I said, in a game where you can blatantly say the N word I didn't think anyone would get personally offended by it. Hense why we spoilerd it saying if you get easily offended to not click the spoiler button. Where i'm from people dont get offended by this as it's something that happened over 80 years ago and didn't involve us... only our ancestors (despite it having affected by great grand father, but i wouldn't be offended from my warm house with a high powered pc over it) - Just like I wouldn't be offended by seeing a roman flag, despite the massacre they committed in the past. However, different cultures get offended by different things, hense why women cant drive in dubai, and here, the N word is fairly offensive, so is using cun* however when english people come here they use it non stop, but people here just understand different cultures and customs.

If you wish to speak to me more about how it upset you feel free, i'm always open to a discussion on discord.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest I don't think any of us staff or cms expected anyone to be offended by an emblem recreated from over 80 years ago, but a few players did get offended so we added a spoiler. Like I said, in a game where you can blatantly say the N word I didn't think anyone would get personally offended by it. Hense why we spoilerd it saying if you get easily offended to not click the spoiler button. Where i'm from people dont get offended by this as it's something that happened over 80 years ago and didn't involve us... only our ancestors (despite it having affected by great grand father, but i wouldn't be offended from my warm house with a high powered pc over it) - Just like I wouldn't be offended by seeing a roman flag, despite the massacre they committed in the past. However, different cultures get offended by different things, hense why women cant drive in dubai, and here, the N word is fairly offensive, so is using cun* however when english people come here they use it non stop, but people here just understand different cultures and customs.

If you wish to speak to me more about how it upset you feel free, i'm always open to a discussion on discord.
Nobody feels upset. Nobody is offended. That's not the point.
Using a swastika in a house contest is at best a weak attempt at a joke. It's based on luring out a reaction by using something that is offensive. In this case he used the most glaringly obvious symbol: the swastika.

Instead, what is actually bothering is that you'd rather actively defend the use of Nazi symbolism and throw a child-like tantrum than remove it from your website and please your players.
You gain nothing from leaving it up and you lose nothing by removing it. In other words; there's no incentive to keep it.

During your tantrum on discord you ended up insulting more people than the swastika itself (in the context of the house contest) would ever do. Most importantly you ended up being more offended than the actual people requesting you to put up a spoiler.
You turned a mundane and easily solvable problem into a clear-cut case of you being a massive cunt.

I hope you realise how much of a moron you are.

You know, at the beginning of reading, I agreed with RokojoM. But then I remembered a game called Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny. id Software used the excuse of using the offensive symbol by providing a story-line to it.

It all depends of the context it was used for.

Just like when 1 buddy says "what's up dawg"
A person who doesn't know the context of how dawg was used, they will get extremely offended (wherever they come from).

Remember this though, corrupt people over time will get exposed if their intentions were about evil, I have seen it in my own family, don't worry. In time.

You know, at the beginning of reading, I agreed with RokojoM. But then I remembered a game called Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny. id Software used the excuse of using the offensive symbol by providing a story-line to it.

A person who doesn't know the context of how dawg was used, they will get extremely offended (wherever they come from).

Remember this though, corrupt people over time will get exposed if their intentions were about evil, I have seen it in my own family, don't worry. In time.
Precisely.

I adressed this in the first few lines of my post. The actual usage of the symbol is not the issue at all. (Wolfenstein is a perfect example of a non-educational context where it's used properly.)

Precisely.
Don't ignore what I said. Take responsibility for what you do and say and adress your abysmal attitude.

This doesn't mean you have to reply. I'd rather have you stay silent and try to become a better human being.
Banning/ignoring those that disagree with you isn't doing you any good. It'll harm you in the long run.

I adressed this in the first few lines of my post. The actual usage of the symbol is not the issue at all. (Wolfenstein is a perfect example of a non-educational context where it's used properly.)

Don't ignore what I said. Take responsibility for what you do and say and adress your abysmal attitude.

This doesn't mean you have to reply. I'd rather have you stay silent and try to become a better human being.
Banning/ignoring those that disagree with you isn't doing you any good. It'll harm you in the long run.
I didn't ban anyone lol.. Are you okay?

You're using OTClient, why don't you install Debian Jessie and compile a linux version instead of just bumping this thread all the time? It wouldn't take you 2 hours. You just get a Jessie liveCD from Debian's website, install it in a virtual machine and compile following edubart's intructions which can be found on otclient's github wiki page.

You're using OTClient, why don't you install Debian Jessie and compile a linux version instead of just bumping this thread all the time? It wouldn't take you 2 hours. You just get a Jessie liveCD from Debian's website, install it in a virtual machine and compile following edubart's intructions which can be found on otclient's github wiki page.
There may be reasons why we can't from the changes we have made that you may not be aware of?

Back