• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [7.4] Realistic-War - ONLINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant say when it will open, but it will

Start this shit man!!!!!!
Going to finish up those things I've started on, and I'm doing so whenever I have time to. I will let you know when I'm finished, then and not sooner I can give you a start date.

While waiting for this server to get online I have to calm my abstinence of shooting SDs on another server which has three things that I like (when it's not bugged) that would be nice to have in this server as well:

Stable map-addition:
1. A PvP-arena 1 vs 1 (where you pull levers to enter or something similar, only allowing 2 players at once, with a 5 minute time-limit or something). This can be useful in order to make sure duels aren't destroyed by other players (as commonly happening in eg. King's castle).

Events requiring moderation of a staff-member:
2. Last man standing-event. This is basically a kamikaze-event where players are teleported to an area and automatically given a rune (some sort of super-sd) which kills the opponent in 1 hit. This event is quick (a few minutes maximum) and fun.

3. Capture the flag-event. I personally love this event. Players are automatically divided into two teams with team colours, starting in opposite areas of the map, where the objection is to sneak into the other side's base, steal their flag and bring it to their own base. The player carrying the flag will be paralyzed (i.e. walk really slowly) and there will be animations showing (s)he is the carrier. This is necessary in order to make the event hard and to make sure the team must cooperate to get the flag to their base (not just run and mw behind you). If a player dies, (s)he may join again instantly by entering the teleport, and will automatically join the team with the current least amount of players. If the carrier dies, the flag will be respawn in the base again. You could play eg. first to 5 points or something similar.

Hope to see you soon!

While waiting for this server to get online I have to calm my abstinence of shooting SDs on another server which has three things that I like (when it's not bugged) that would be nice to have in this server as well:

Stable map-addition:
1. A PvP-arena 1 vs 1 (where you pull levers to enter or something similar, only allowing 2 players at once, with a 5 minute time-limit or something). This can be useful in order to make sure duels aren't destroyed by other players (as commonly happening in eg. King's castle).

2. Last man standing-event. This is basically a kamikaze-event where players are teleported to an area and automatically given a rune (some sort of super-sd) which kills the opponent in 1 hit. This event is quick (a few minutes maximum) and fun.

3. Capture the flag-event. I personally love this event. Players are automatically divided into two teams with team colours, starting in opposite areas of the map, where the objection is to sneak into the other side's base, steal their flag and bring it to their own base. The player carrying the flag will be paralyzed (i.e. walk really slowly) and there will be animations showing (s)he is the carrier. This is necessary in order to make the event hard and to make sure the team must cooperate to get the flag to their base (not just run and mw behind you). If a player dies, (s)he may join again instantly by entering the teleport, and will automatically join the team with the current least amount of players. If the carrier dies, the flag will be respawn in the base again. You could play eg. first to 5 points or something similar.

Hope to see you soon!

I'm currently working on similar stuff, the one vs one will work by inviting other players to duel:

Code:
Ond: !vs Drone
Msg to Ond: You have challenged Drone to a duel, awaiting response (like 10 seconds or so before request i cancelled)
Msg to Drone: Ond challenges you to a duel, !vs accept to join
Drone: !vs accept
->
Both are teleported to one out of 10 arenas (depending on if they are full or not)
What is left is to make it possible to match with random players like !vs random and build a queue system for this but I haven't gotten very far here.

Regarding team fights, I was thinking of making it easy and make the system equal to the one vs one, but use party as a group. But i don't know if this is a good way to do it.

Will it be possible for anyone to challenge anyone? And by that I mean, can I challenge a guy who's out fighting when I'm in PZ and he gets teleported despite being PZ-locked for instance? The point is, keep in mind that this can be abused if you're a char lover who's about to die (trapped in sewers with no way out for instance) and then you just have a mate challenge you to a duel and you're teleported out. I like the idea though!

I'm currently working on similar stuff, the one vs one will work by inviting other players to duel:

Code:
Ond: !vs Drone
Msg to Ond: You have challenged Drone to a duel, awaiting response (like 10 seconds or so before request i cancelled)
Msg to Drone: Ond challenges you to a duel, !vs accept to join
Drone: !vs accept
->
Both are teleported to one out of 10 arenas (depending on if they are full or not)
What is left is to make it possible to match with random players like !vs random and build a queue system for this but I haven't gotten very far here.

Regarding team fights, I was thinking of making it easy and make the system equal to the one vs one, but use party as a group. But i don't know if this is a good way to do it.

That's cool man, I like it! Make sure it can't be used with PZ, else it will be the perfect escape from battle hehe!
Might be too much spam, but for example if a match starts there could be an announcement "A duel between Ond and Drone has started in arena 3, use !vs watch 3 to spectate.", and then you get teleported to the spectator area. I don't know what other people think, but preferably for me, I'll be on the same floor as the guys fighting, to be able to see hp, damage, e-ring usage etc. Perhaps the spectators could be in a sqm in the middle of the arena, with walls around it which you can't sio through or something :p (I don't know if this is even possible without changing the way exura sio works, else you'd have to be on a floor above). There should also be a command to leave the match !vs leave, so that you get teleported to depot.

Sounds good to be, you mean like if I'm the leader of a party I go "!vs party Ond" and then again the other party leader uses "!vs accept" to begin the fight? "Drone challenges you to a team fight with 3 other players, !vs accept to join"

Will it be possible for anyone to challenge anyone? And by that I mean, can I challenge a guy who's out fighting when I'm in PZ and he gets teleported despite being PZ-locked for instance? The point is, keep in mind that this can be abused if you're a char lover who's about to die (trapped in sewers with no way out for instance) and then you just have a mate challenge you to a duel and you're teleported out. I like the idea though!
  • You can only use the command inside protection zone. Which means that you can only accept a fight inside protection zones.
  • You can't invite duel to a player who has a request upon him (unanswered requests disappear after 15 seconds)
  • You can't re-start a duel while you're in one
  • You can't send multiple invitations to duel
  • You can also turn on and off this function with ? '!vs off' : '!vs on'
  • There will be 10 "slots" or arenas.
  • The battle will go on til the time runs out (10 min atm, can be changed)
  • Perhaps some other shit (haven't tested it more than step by step as I scripted it)

About arenas: Ask Kaspar

Last edited:
The spectate aspect of arenas will not be added. If you wish to spectate a duel, you can duel in Castle like usual with spectators.

Stable map-addition:

Hope to see you soon!
xD sounds very familiar all these great ideas haha

Why dont you just say "You should make events like Waropolis has?" XD No Credit nowadays :(

xD sounds very familiar all these great ideas haha

Why dont you just say "You should make events like Waropolis has?" XD No Credit nowadays :(

Those events and "great ideas" already existed before waropolis came online :p

I don't and zacke don't, but idk about Kaspar but i don't think so
How is that people making videos and vt records saying its you? :eek:
This one from youmirin is a nice video from pendulum war and it seems you're leading one of the main 3 war teams 0.o

All this waropolis custom content is shit, keep it simple - you log into game, throwing sds (with perfectly lowered exhausts tbh), sometimes dieing. Just fine, dont make it china street out of it

With all due respect Mystix421, we will open when we feel we have the time to do so; like we stated a couple of times already. I can tell you that we have implemented 1 vs 1 arenas already and done some other changes. We're ready to re-open the server soon, but we will only do so when we feel we can be active ingame aswell.
Don't worry, you'll be SDing eachother soon enough.

Thanks for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back