• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

From 0 To a complete Server using Tibianic DLL Sources.

69lmao420

Reaction score
Hello,
Me and a group of friends are planing to play a server. But most of the servers we played, are all about money and they close in about 1 month. The others 2 left, we don't like medivia since it doesn't give any oldschool feeling to us nor classictibia where is all about farms and bugs stay 4 month.

So we decided to make our own server (only for us) x1 experience/x1 loot.
The thing is, we never did a server before.
So, pretty much I took a step forward and said I will try to make it, the others will just play it and give few ideas. And meanwhile we will just play other games.
We don't need any anti-bot system (we won't bot on a closed server). and also we don't need any custom map.
But it would be great if we could edit parts of the map that already exist like the ground, trees, etc
It should have everything, website, etc so we can compete against eachother.
All the tutorials I am watching, are so old and I don't even know from where to start.
If anyone can tell me what to do in 2018 to make it, I will appreciaty it and if he wants he can come to play with us when the server opens.
But again, it will be only for our group, we have not interest in other people since most of them will try to runefarm/make drama, etc and we only want to chill and have a good time.
I would also know how to make armors, legs, etc so (if it easy) my friends could draw things and we decide which ones we implement.
Summary: I need the steps to follow to go from nothing to a fully working server using the tibianic files.

Peace

how ppl can be so lazy nowdays
instead of waste your time making up histories use it to learn and go to tutorial's section buddy
You clearly don't know me/us.
We already did this on 2012 on the game Minecraft and on 2017 on the game Rust and it worked pretty nice.
It was always fun without any Drama.
It was way easier than doing a Tibia server, since everything was up to date.
Here it's different, and I don't find any tutorial made on 2017-2018 that I can follow.

Instead of being toxic and assuming things on a support forum, just do anything else.

Last edited:
I still have a hard time understanding what I have to follow and why
I just compiled a server by now (the one emil said)

you're not secondlife,eldora and many others accs etc?
its feels like all those accs are yours accs
you should start reading and and learn instead of wait for insta answers
and reply us back with rude answers

Hello,
Unfortunately, @69lmao420 running server is not as easy as people think.
If you want just "download and run" server, use TFS or OTHire's already compiled files, but if you want to customize it or even just make it bugless you'll need to learn some DevOps, programming (C++ / lua) and spriting skills.
Each of those takes months to learn and years to master, so there's no shortcut on how to make a running server using tibianic dll sources, because if there would be any - multiple people would already start doing those servers (which they do not).
And copying-pasting without actually understanding it, will lead to more bugs than fixes.

And most important, I don't think tibianic dll sources are what you think they are ;)

But if you're brave enough to walk this path of spending months on learning how and why, you're welcomed here.
Asking direct questions might help.
For example, ask "why should I x"? "why this function returns y"? and for sure people will be glad to help

Also, beware. This is a community - driven project/forum. If someone gives you hint/tip/solution; he might need it in the future, so it's in a good manner to not only receive but also give help.

Last edited:
you're not secondlife,eldora and many others accs etc?
its feels like all those accs are yours accs
you should start reading and and learn instead of wait for insta answers
and reply us back with rude answers
Nop @Felipe93 . This is my only account I currently own. I had others but I never asked for any help about how to make an OT. Just suggestions and feedback to OT owners. Unfortunately, since I always used different passwords/emails/etc. I forgot them.
I am very positive talking to anyone on any forum.

The only time I talked a bit "rude" was towards someone who accused me without any proof same as you just did now. And btw I am not being rude, I'm just defending myself.

Atleast were I live, it's a democracy, and here you have to prove things before accusing someone of something. It doesn't work the other way, first accusing someone and then saying: sorry, it wasn't you. There are innocent people in jails because of people who did this mistake towards them.

Last edited:
Hello,
Unfortunately, @69lmao420 running server is not as easy as people think.
If you want just "download and run" server, use TFS or OTHire's already compiled files, but if you want to customize it or even just make it bugless you'll need to learn some DevOps, programming (C++ / lua) and spriting skills.
Each of those takes months to learn and years to master, so there's no shortcut on how to make a running server using tibianic dll sources, because if there would be any - multiple people would already start doing those servers (which they do not).
And copying-pasting without actually understanding it, will lead to more bugs than fixes.

And most important, I don't think tibianic dll sources are what you think they are ;)

But if you're brave enough to walk this path of spending months on learning how and why, you're welcomed here.
Asking direct questions might help.
For example, ask "why should I x"? "why this function returns y"? and for sure people will be glad to help

Also, beware. This is a community - driven project/forum. If someone gives you hint/tip/solution; he might need it in the future, so it's in a good manner to not only receive but also give help.

Hello, I don't mind in spending months on learning something. I want to know how to do it, otherwise I/we would just pay to someone to make it since I/we have the money. I love Tibia, always did. I am sure I will have fun doing an OT.
I want to learn it, we mostly don't play as a group till summer/vacations so I have 9 month to do something "playable". It would be great thought to have a server on christmas to mess around and spot bugs.
It's a matter of time that I will learn enough to teach/help others, as I always did on other sites like Reddit.
Thanks you for your comment there is good information I actually needed.

Last edited:
Well, I haven't worked on earlier versions such as 7.7x but the simplest way would be to find a tutorial, which I'm pretty sure you will find here on the forum, on how to set up and run a server of that version (the tutorial can be old, as the versions is old aswell, it should be the same way to set up a 7.7 server right now, as it was 8 years ago).

Then you start from there, reading the structure of the folders, finding out where things are, etc. If you know programming logic, you are probably fine with just LUA scripts, you'd only need to change engine code (c++) if you wanted something reaaally custom (or if you found a bug, in that case you could probably find help here in the forum). You can do a lot of things without c++, such as: some custom systems (custom events for example), quests, events that run x in x time (called globalevents), actions (click an item and receive another for example), creaturescripts (kill a creature and something will happen, other than just receiving exp and the loot being added to the corpse), etc...

New features would be implemented, mostly, in c++, but since you are looking into 7.7 there is no new feature you'd need to add, only if you are using OTClient and will add the feature you want to the client aswell, other then that, you won't need extra features if you don't want a custom server.

C++ knowledge would be nice to read the engine and figure out, by yourself, how things are being done, and thats a big thing.

Back