• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
Wow The Update at
Necronia Reborn - Teaser

is really awesome great work guys much respect from my side! keep it going im very sure this will be the best ot ever created or lets say a better Tibia then the real one, I guess the best one!

Btw I wanted to ask if its possible that when u accept a Quest that we get a mark on the map where to go? or maybe a Circle that it says the quest is nearby that one or so would be awesome too!

and Happy new Year!

Last edited:
Wow The Update at
Necronia Reborn - Teaser

is really awesome great work guys much respect from my side! keep it going im very sure this will be the best ot ever created or lets say a better Tibia then the real one, I guess the best one!

Btw I wanted to ask if its possible that when u accept a Quest that we get a mark on the map where to go? or maybe a Circle that it says the quest is nearby that one or so would be awesome too!

and Happy new Year!

Happy new year Destruckto,
About your question - it is possible, but highly unlikely we're gonna do that because we don't want to spoonfeed everything to the players. For example, there is the "missing bag" quest from Strahmadeus, he tells you he lost it in a part of caves beneath him, but not exactly where, and you have to search for it. If we gave you the exact location, there would be no search for anything, just going from A to B on every quest.

Not sure what your other suggestion is, but if you mean about an indicator that there are quests nearby, there will likely be something like that in the form of "Potential Quests" tab.

Hope 2018! will see the official launch of Necronia! - Will finally be able to tell my friend's its out of beta! & I think my necronia long sleeve shirt from 2-3 years ago might still fit.. if not got to reorder a new one!
Sadly my excitement ain't the only thing that has grown in the past few years ;)

When does the 1.25 update launch? Is it official release?
i'll play it!

It's been a long while since I posted an update here on Otland, so I'm bringing some fresh material here so you can see that the server is still alive and being worked on extensively.
If you wish to keep up to date with the community and upcoming updates, I suggest you join our discord where I post on a day-to-day basis.

The update with all these features is supposed to be up somewhere later in February. More information on that when the date is confirmed.
For now, consider this a large teaser of what you can expect.

The beta has been up for a long time, and as such, we've had the opportunity to observe how the game plays and spot things that need changing or were not adequately tuned.
I'm not promising that this update will be the mother-of-all savior of Necronia, but it will bring under fold an enormous amount of very important aspects of the game.
Furthermore, we've taken a long time to start finally sorting out our internal structure, file handling and so on, to make it tidy and easier to work with. That's still not perfect either, but in a much healthier state than it was a few months ago.
The point of this update is to change most of the systems that I felt needed change, and give total control to us (developers) over things that can not be left to operate on whatever their defaults were.

So amongst a thousand changes, here are some highlights.​

The following is a cut-out from the post I made on our website regarding this update, but I've edited it to include some newer details:

New Login & Game Screen Peronsalization
We understand that many of you play on a different range of monitors and resolutions, and have different wants and needs in regards to how you want your gameplay layout to look. For this reason, we're adding a few useful tools to allow you to personalize this client behavior. You can see that in the video below.

You will also notice that the login screen and character selection have been completely changed as well.
Also, revamped Furian outfit.

Changes to the beginner experience

To kick it off, instead of the standard 3 button modal window for selection of what to do upon your first login, there will be a neat new loading screen depicting the area of The Dream.

XjGTbvC.png

We also created the new Knowledge Center which will harbor all the stuff that you might see in tutorials or need to know about the game mechanics.
Mostly done to replace the old /tutorial command, it should also bring a better aesthetic and collect all of this knowledge under an easily browsable explorer.

jTw9tpq.png

Quick Targetting
Set up a key, which, when pressed, will target the nearest creature to you. If you keep pressing it, it will switch to other nearby targets. You can change the detection range if you prefer to only target creatures within a certain distance.

FJZxpW1.gif

Quick Loot
Configure a table of items and into which slots you want to loot them, and watch the magic happen automatically whenever you open a corpse.

quick-loot.gif

New Bars, for you, and your enemies!
Players will get the ability to show/hide additional bars that show information about their stats. Mana, Stamina, Soul, and Class Ability are now available to be configured as your additional bars. Furthermore, Rage and Breaker have been added next to Flesh as new class bars.

MEdIHaD.gif

In turn, important characters, bosses, minipets and other special creatures will now have their own additions and bars.

bl77d6n.png

And here's what the new Spearman Breaker passive bar looks like.
(Necromancer players will be familiar with this as it's pretty much the same principle as their Flesh bar)

UVv1UVx.gif

New Notification System
The new notification system allows us to relay data to you in new different and creative ways that can hold more data while depicting it better visually. It also introduces a new gameplay element and the ease of communication with NPCs, which in turn, can make it easier for us to have an NPC summon you for a visit or tell you something else, such as Father Wisdom telling you your blessing has expired on level 50, etc.

wthH8ki.png

Supported Mods
From time to time, people with ability to create mods for OTClient may arise within the community. For such times, we are introducing the Mod manager, which will allow you to enable custom mods developed by community members and approved by our team, such as the Loot Parser which has gained popularity among wiki editors.

c7m6Xvn.png

New Recipe Browser
We have completely changed the way the Recipe Book looks, so that you can finally browse your recipes with no confusion. Alongside clarity, it adds about 5 billion points to visual pleasantness compared to the old one.

VGlNJn4.gif

Quest Log
The quest log has received a fair bit of changes as well. The browser at the start has been simplified, and everything is more colorful and full of indicators that let you know what you need to know about a quest before you even begin viewing it. Furthermore, viewing a quest will now tell you what you're gonna receive from completing it.

cE2WBr9.gif

Gameplay
The gameplay on the server will take a different turn as well. We are fixing many bugs that have plagued the health of the game for a long time, and bringing revamps and new content. Check out some of the stuff that you can expect to see on Necronia after 1.25 hits. Some of this will be rolled out post-patch, and some of it will be there immediately when the patch is live.

Mastery Points
The Consumption Points system has been renamed to Mastery Points. For the most part, they do the same as they did before, with a few notable changes. Firstly, they've all been renamed; to Endurance, Intellect, Agility, Constitution and Spirit. Constitution (ex Lupol) now also gives +1 HP and +1 Mana. Agility (ex Eney) now also gives bonus basic attack damage. All of them now give bonuses to a certain spell type.

Food System
The food system is completely reworked and no longer allows the stacking of food for increasing effects. Instead, you can eat as long as you are hungry, but most foods give an unique buff that usually consists of a regeneration factor, alongside more special effects (e.g. increased skill). These buffs do not stack, so while one regeneration lasts, you may not stack another one upon it, but you can eat another type of food to overwrite your current buff. These regenerations and other food buffs still scale with Mastery points in various degrees. Check out some examples of what you can expect below:

DtyGegD.png

Sprinting
Sprint also works a little bit differently. You can no longer toggle it on and off, but it has the following effect:

V9MjxSV.png
xOPXni6.gif

Changes in professions
Aside from having fixed some popular bugs (such as the Stuck bug), professions were fixed a bit of an overhaul to be more interesting and reward you better.
In case of Lumberjacking, the annoying chances of breaking your axe, not getting anything because you cut yourself, and such things were all changed to use more appropriate values and chances.

Mining and Lumberjacking can now yield profession finds, which consist of various rare items and trinkets that you may trade for rewards or reputations.

They can also trigger events tailored towards the character that triggered them .
(so whatever you manage to spawn or get as a task, will be specifically appropriate for your character in terms of difficulty)

nO9TRYa.gif

Weapons and Ammunition
There was a bug regarding weapons that have both a physical and an elemental instance of damage. Due to this bug, weapons that had an elemental instance of damage dealt vastly more damage than intended. This bug has been fixed, and on top of it, we made it possible for a weapon to have solely elemental damage and no physical damage, something that was doable before but with a very buggy gimmick.

On the other hand, ammunition is something that I've personally pondered on for quite a while, and finally decided to remove. It was removed because it hindered the development of new ranged weapons, and hindered development in general. From requiring various resources, to additional balancing, to ultimately making us clog up our custom ranged effects script - it was just something that was a pain in the ass every time a ranger update was due, and I'm glad to have done it. Bows and crossbows will now have a pre-assigned ammunition type which they will fire (in terms of the visual effect) and the damage and effects of each bow will be defined on the weapon itself.

The hit chances of ranged weapons have also been vastly improved in places where they were lacking, alongside an annoying bug that prevented the marksman passive from proccing when it should have.

You will find a new arsenal of weapons available for various classes throughout the update as well, which brings me to my next point:

Equipment
As it is today, equipment varies a lot, but there are still some classes which feel the lack of equipment when compared to their peers. This is about to be fixed. The power level of equipment was always drawn behind curtains of numerous tiers, but the tier was never plainly stated anywhere on the equipment. Now, it will be a little more obvious because the crafting system will change in a way that will require you to use Tier Blueprints to craft equipment that begins a tier range (1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc.) Equipment will be mostly crafted, with some special drops reserved for monsters. More about the details of this will be posted in another post later on.

The random rarity system from loot has been removed, and we're looking into new ways to implement it into blacksmithing instead.

Ability Panel and Spell Management
To replace your Quiver, we'll remove the current Spellbook module and introduce the Ability Panel, which will hold all your spells, and allow you to easily check what they do, their formulas, and bind them to your hotkeys with 2 clicks.
This also means that spells can from now on be useable with crosshair, which will be a huge quality of life changes for classes such as Saint, replacing the need to write your targets' names as parameters for your spells to work.

mfBwH6J.gif

Fishing, Cooking, Lumberjacking
Cooking will already receive a major improvement just by having the Recipe List usable easier, but there is also a lack of content related to cooking, which we're looking into changing. A ton of new foods, recipes and hopefully quests related to cooking will be added. As it stands, there are already over 45 new food items.

qYdXXle.png

Lumberjacking as a system is fine as it is, but we've heard your complaints about the chances of your axes breaking, and they will be tuned, especially to be forgiving towards the very first few skill levels.

Fishing has been described as tedious. We hope that will change with the introduction of a large variety of new fish, and the removal of the "dropped your rod" feature. However, we expect to be expanding the system with various minigames that may have you dragged into the water by a monster that gives special loot when killed, or triggering a hunt for a quick-swimming fish on the surface of the water, etc. These minigames will both spice things up, and provide an extra layer of security against possible macro users. It is also possible that different levels of fishing rods will be removed in favor of a single rod, so we can focus on adding more rods instead of adding a billion sprites for each level of existing rods as the system expands.

FvCOJOC.png

Classes
This is no news to anyone, but it is worth stating - the Wildheart class will be completely reworked, while Spearman will have a large amount of its spells changed. We are saving the details of this for the next post which will focus more on such details. Speaking of spells...

Spell Hotkeys and Crosshair Targeting
Since Quiver is no longer going to be necessary, it will be replaced with a spellbook slot which will hold all your spells as icons inside. You will be able to use your spells by using these icons, and/or putting them on hotkeys. Furthermore, this means that you will be able to finally use some spells with crosshairs. This is a very important change for the health of classes such as Saint, who won't have to type out names of their targets as parameters but will simply be able to heal people by targetting them.

Dawn of Joy
The winter season will likely take effect together with the next patch, bringing along the Dawn of Joy event and Shivernorth together with it. Look out for those Yetis and Grokka, who are coming back even more menacing this time! Will you manage to decorate Santa's tree fully this year? Last year you did an amazing job!

FFArrLy.png

There are more things to mention about the gameplay, but this post is starting to run quite lengthy, and I'd like to save some juice for later too, so I'm gonna put an end to it here.

If you thought there's a lot of stuff here, this barely scratches the surface as there is new equipment, monsters, dungeons and more coming throughout this patch that I haven't even mentioned here.
I hope you're looking forward to these changes as much as we are, as they represent major fixes to most of the gameplay systems, which means that there will be nothing else to have a better focus on in 2018 but finalizing the lack of gameplay content.​

HALALOYA!

I thought i would die before this gets released.
It seems like we might see a launch in 2018.

Still mostly all same sprites as tibia as far as environment and creatures go.. that should have been the first things changed if you wanted to distinguish yourself from just the average tibia OT.

Still mostly all same sprites as tibia as far as environment and creatures go.. that should have been the first things changed if you wanted to distinguish yourself from just the average tibia OT.

Because the graphics, which are first and foremost expensive to replace, are the number one factor that distinguish a game from another.

I'll level with you though. I hear your argument and I raise you: vastly different gameplay mechanics, different client, different character progression and attributes, different monsters and AI, different map, different story, 15 unique vocations and abilities, and a bunch of systems that Tibia or other OTs have never implemented.

EDIT: I'm aware this was probably bait, but ok, that needed to be said

Because the graphics, which are first and foremost expensive to replace, are the number one factor that distinguish a game from another.

I'll level with you though. I hear your argument and I raise you: vastly different gameplay mechanics, different client, different character progression and attributes, different monsters and AI, different map, different story, 15 unique vocations and abilities, and a bunch of systems that Tibia or other OTs have never implemented.

EDIT: I'm aware this was probably bait, but ok, that needed to be said

Played your ot, got to level 20 and got bored of it because it was just tibia at the root of it, if it still feels like i'm playing tibia i'm not going to like it. hence why i moved on to Zezenia and then after that got boring after 5 years and game going to shit, now i invest in Phobos online and helping that develop.

Played your ot, got to level 20 and got bored of it because it was just tibia at the root of it, if it still feels like i'm playing tibia i'm not going to like it. hence why i moved on to Zezenia and then after that got boring after 5 years and game going to shit, now i invest in Phobos online and helping that develop.

Well okay congratulations & now have a nice day? lol

Alright cool, that's your opinion, I respect that. Different strokes for different folks and all that.
I just wish while you were at it, that you left some proper reasoning and parallels that I can focus on removing to further distance the feeling from regular 'Tibia', because that's something I'm really interested in.
I am working on this stuff for the upcoming update.

But yeah either way, you can't experience everything up to level 20, that's just the beginning (rook basically), so I can understand to some very small degree what you're saying if you haven't really tried out playing a class and doing stuff on main.

As far as the thread goes, I'll post some new pics later tonight. Got something really good cooking up :D

Alright cool, that's your opinion, I respect that. Different strokes for different folks and all that.
I just wish while you were at it, that you left some proper reasoning and parallels that I can focus on removing to further distance the feeling from regular 'Tibia', because that's something I'm really interested in.
I am working on this stuff for the upcoming update.

But yeah either way, you can't experience everything up to level 20, that's just the beginning (rook basically), so I can understand to some very small degree what you're saying if you haven't really tried out playing a class and doing stuff on main.

As far as the thread goes, I'll post some new pics later tonight. Got something really good cooking up :D

I haven't played your server much, but if your gameplay isn't as follows you aren't like tibia.
--Player Logs in goes to depot and npcs to re-supply
--Player walks to a spawn that has a specific type of monster (Most monsters require you stand corner-wise to be maximum efficient)
--Player kills monsters by pressing 2-3 hotkeys (damage spell, healing spell, potion)
--Player caps out on loot and goes back to town
--Player sells loot and ressupplies
--Repeat

That is how it is to play tibia 99% of the time (Unless you are doing the rare quest).
It isn't terrible (except i'd argue the combat is terrible), but it is a very defined method of play.

Though, you are still a tile-based 2d MMORPG, so it is going to feel similar to Tibia because it is also a tile-based 2d MMORPG.
The guy above might just be "promoting" Phobos as "more different" than your server since it has 100% custom sprites.
I played Phobos, it was "ok" and felt like I was playing a 2d tile-based MMORPG.

I haven't played your server much, but if your gameplay isn't as follows you aren't like tibia.
--Player Logs in goes to depot and npcs to re-supply
--Player walks to a spawn that has a specific type of monster (Most monsters require you stand corner-wise to be maximum efficient)
--Player kills monsters by pressing 2-3 hotkeys (damage spell, healing spell, potion)
--Player caps out on loot and goes back to town
--Player sells loot and ressupplies
--Repeat

That is how it is to play tibia 99% of the time (Unless you are doing the rare quest).
It isn't terrible (except i'd argue the combat is terrible), but it is a very defined method of play.

Though, you are still a tile-based 2d MMORPG, so it is going to feel similar to Tibia because it is also a tile-based 2d MMORPG.
The guy above might just be "promoting" Phobos as "more different" than your server since it has 100% custom sprites.
I played Phobos, it was "ok" and felt like I was playing a 2d tile-based MMORPG.

You make a good point, and yes, we share a fair amount of common MMO elements with both Tibia and Phobos and pretty much every other MMO that exists.
What matters is that you try to make this process different and fun. My first thought was that he was here to promote Phobos regardless of what I said.

As a starter vocation (up to lvl 20) it's true, you'll have just a few spells cuz you're just starting out. As you level up, you unlock more and more and you have anywhere between 15-20+ by the time you're high level.

But to go back to the first point, all of these are common elements present throughout the vast majority, if not all MMOs in one way or another, they are core features for this genre of games:
-- Leveling up by killing or doing quests, or both
-- Going to an item storage facility.
-- Killing things
-- Having to empty your containers due to no space/cap
-- Selling shit and buying supplies

I think if we're gonna draw parallels there, then why stop at Tibia, we're pretty much World of Warcraft. We're Cabal. We're BDO. You know?

I can make the same argument in reverse and list about 50 things why I think we're also very different from Tibia, what I was kinda doing up there in my previous post, but that's not going to change a thing.
You know that saying "build a thousand bridges, and suck one dick, you're not a bridge builder, you're a dick sucker".

Hello! It seems like this is growing so fast! :) Im so happy to see the progress.
I haven't played Necronia in such a LONG time, but I do want to give you a thought.
A while back, I played Necronia and it was so cool and fun because it was something new, sure it was challenging but that didn't matter as I was able to learn the mechanisms pretty quick and with ease.

It all went okay for a couple of days, but then it got boring... it just felt like I was progressing too slow, maybe it was just me, but by the time I got to main I felt so tired of the same thing, doing tasks over and over again to get somewhere, and a bit overwhelmed because I didnt know what I was supposed to do then.

All of this might already be fixed by now, but if not having to stay in "rookgard" for a couple of days just didnt feel right.
I will soon try this out again. :D

Hello! It seems like this is growing so fast! :) Im so happy to see the progress.
I haven't played Necronia in such a LONG time, but I do want to give you a thought.
A while back, I played Necronia and it was so cool and fun because it was something new, sure it was challenging but that didn't matter as I was able to learn the mechanisms pretty quick and with ease.

It all went okay for a couple of days, but then it got boring... it just felt like I was progressing too slow, maybe it was just me, but by the time I got to main I felt so tired of the same thing, doing tasks over and over again to get somewhere, and a bit overwhelmed because I didnt know what I was supposed to do then.

All of this might already be fixed by now, but if not having to stay in "rookgard" for a couple of days just didnt feel right.
I will soon try this out again. :D

We've come far since the last time I saw you online, but we're going farther still. I suggest waiting for the 1.25 patch to come back, it's gonna change a thousand things and how the entire gameplay feels at the moment, fixing a lot of bugs and flaws, adding new UI features, new quest system and so on. If you wish to hang out with us in our discord in the meanwhile, here's the link, you can keep up with updates there.

You make a good point, and yes, we share a fair amount of common MMO elements with both Tibia and Phobos and pretty much every other MMO that exists.
What matters is that you try to make this process different and fun. My first thought was that he was here to promote Phobos regardless of what I said.

As a starter vocation (up to lvl 20) it's true, you'll have just a few spells cuz you're just starting out. As you level up, you unlock more and more and you have anywhere between 15-20+ by the time you're high level.

But to go back to the first point, all of these are common elements present throughout the vast majority, if not all MMOs in one way or another, they are core features for this genre of games:
-- Leveling up by killing or doing quests, or both
-- Going to an item storage facility.
-- Killing things
-- Having to empty your containers due to no space/cap
-- Selling shit and buying supplies

I think if we're gonna draw parallels there, then why stop at Tibia, we're pretty much World of Warcraft. We're Cabal. We're BDO. You know?

I can make the same argument in reverse and list about 50 things why I think we're also very different from Tibia, what I was kinda doing up there in my previous post, but that's not going to change a thing.
You know that saying "build a thousand bridges, and suck one dick, you're not a bridge builder, you're a dick sucker".

I said before my post that I had not played your game much (I played it when you first released it to the public for like 2 hours).
Your game could very well feel very different than tibia, (you did say you had new creature AI and stuff)

But, you could have 14 billion vocations, with 700 trillion spells, but if every vocation is going to a spawn, selecting to attack a monster, then staying corner-wise while pressing a hotkey to attack, and healing when you are low, and using a potion when you are low on mana. Then effectively all 14 billion vocations are the same.

Now if you go to hunt a monster, and it says "Charging Ultimate Explosion!" and you have to run away, then they UE the screen, and then you can come back, then when it gets low health, it speeds up and only targets the lowest level/armor/defense player on it's target list in a desperate attempt to get a kill before it dies, then that's WAY different combat than tibia.

If every monster is Unique like that, then "hunting monsters" is no longer similar to tibia.
Now, every other aspect of your game could still be identical to tibia, but the above was an example of changing just 1 aspect (monsters only trick being beams/waves is why hunting in tibia is so boring)

Did not mean to offend if I did, I actually really look up to custom projects like this one and I point to you when people ask for a good custom server, because I know you are doing great things.

I said before my post that I had not played your game much (I played it when you first released it to the public for like 2 hours).
Your game could very well feel very different than tibia, (you did say you had new creature AI and stuff)

But, you could have 14 billion vocations, with 700 trillion spells, but if every vocation is going to a spawn, selecting to attack a monster, then staying corner-wise while pressing a hotkey to attack, and healing when you are low, and using a potion when you are low on mana. Then effectively all 14 billion vocations are the same.

Now if you go to hunt a monster, and it says "Charging Ultimate Explosion!" and you have to run away, then they UE the screen, and then you can come back, then when it gets low health, it speeds up and only targets the lowest level/armor/defense player on it's target list in a desperate attempt to get a kill before it dies, then that's WAY different combat than tibia.

If every monster is Unique like that, then "hunting monsters" is no longer similar to tibia.
Now, every other aspect of your game could still be identical to tibia, but the above was an example of changing just 1 aspect (monsters only trick being beams/waves is why hunting in tibia is so boring)

Did not mean to offend if I did, I actually really look up to custom projects like this one and I point to you when people ask for a good custom server, because I know you are doing great things.

No offense taken at all, apologies if it came off that way.
There are plenty of monster changes, even on rook, to make it feel like each monster is a different fight and has something else to do.
To be fair, it's the starting zone so I can't go ham on monster abilities, since these are just for starters, but check this out:

Rat - Can bite through your armor (since you're wearing clothes at the beginning) with his Bite attack.
Bats - Have lifedrain, sleep during day (but can be woken up) and wake up at night.
Crabs - They latch onto you, and you gotta "dance" with CTRL+arrows to shake them off, otherwise you can't move and other monsters get to you.
Frogs - As soon as they're attacked, they run for safety, jumping into water if there is water nearby...
Earthdigger/crawler (basically rotworm and carrion worm) - Shoot horns and when injured, dig a hole in the ground to escape and you have to shovel them out with a shovel.
Gobos (goblins) - Their zone and abilities all revolve around blueberries, which you go there to collect. You have gatherers who ignore players and try to pick up as many blueberries from bushes before players do. You have rogues which attack players, steal their blueberries and run away.
Cockroaches - They can infest you with their eggs, making you a walking host for their eggs, which sprawl out small cockroaches sometime later in the game.
Beduins - they heal with health potions, can beg for their life if you put them to low HP and you have a choice to let them live in exchange for their money
Golems - they can do 'Giant' attacks, which are noted with [Crushing Boulder] or some similar text a few seconds before being fired, so that you may switch to Full Defense combat stance. If you don't, you take 2.0x+ damage from such attacks.

And bosses have up to 4-5 unique mechanics like that as well, doing some expected and unexpected stuff.
For most important AoE monster abilities, there is warning displayed for where they will hit, so that you can dodge if you're quick enough.

So yeah I think this aspect of never knowing what a monster might do next and having such unique abilities on even insignificant creatures such as Frogs, is what makes the fighting already much more interesting than in Tibia.

No offense taken at all, apologies if it came off that way.
There are plenty of monster changes, even on rook, to make it feel like each monster is a different fight and has something else to do.
To be fair, it's the starting zone so I can't go ham on monster abilities, since these are just for starters, but check this out:

Rat - Can bite through your armor (since you're wearing clothes at the beginning) with his Bite attack.
Bats - Have lifedrain, sleep during day (but can be woken up) and wake up at night.
Crabs - They latch onto you, and you gotta "dance" with CTRL+arrows to shake them off, otherwise you can't move and other monsters get to you.
Frogs - As soon as they're attacked, they run for safety, jumping into water if there is water nearby...
Earthdigger/crawler (basically rotworm and carrion worm) - Shoot horns and when injured, dig a hole in the ground to escape and you have to shovel them out with a shovel.
Gobos (goblins) - Their zone and abilities all revolve around blueberries, which you go there to collect. You have gatherers who ignore players and try to pick up as many blueberries from bushes before players do. You have rogues which attack players, steal their blueberries and run away.
Cockroaches - They can infest you with their eggs, making you a walking host for their eggs, which sprawl out small cockroaches sometime later in the game.
Beduins - they heal with health potions, can beg for their life if you put them to low HP and you have a choice to let them live in exchange for their money
Golems - they can do 'Giant' attacks, which are noted with [Crushing Boulder] or some similar text a few seconds before being fired, so that you may switch to Full Defense combat stance. If you don't, you take 2.0x+ damage from such attacks.

And bosses have up to 4-5 unique mechanics like that as well, doing some expected and unexpected stuff.
For most important AoE monster abilities, there is warning displayed for where they will hit, so that you can dodge if you're quick enough.

So yeah I think this aspect of never knowing what a monster might do next and having such unique abilities on even insignificant creatures such as Frogs, is what makes the fighting already much more interesting than in Tibia.

Yea that sounds much different than tibia.

Delayed attacks and "Quick time events" as i'll call them definitely change combat to be more engaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back