• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gesior AAC Installment

ELEM3NT

LUA Status: Beginner
Reaction score
Okay guys, so this is actually the first "time" I ever made a website for my server... I used SQLite STudio in the past to edit my database using the forgottenserver.s3db file...

Anyways... Okay, STEP 1 works completely fine, I just had to delete some stuff from config to make it work like NOTE: and stuff.

The problem:
It's STEP 2 to STEP 7 that's not working correctly. On STEP 2 it says this
Code:
Check database connection
If you don't see any errors press link to STEP 3 - Add tables and columns to DB. If you see some errors it mean server has wrong configuration. Check FAQ or ask author of acc. maker.Can't connect to MySQL database.
so once I click STEP 3 - Add tables and columns to DB, it just says "Can't connect to MySQL database."
On STEPS 4 and 5 it says the exact same thing.

The Specs:
gesior 0.3.4(beta4) fixed v5
The Forgotten Server (Crying Damson) 0.3.6pl1
Uniform Server (Pretty much the same thing as XAMPP)

The thoughts why It don't work:
I think it could be that I'm not using xampp...? Would it make a different if I don't have the defaults username and password for phpMyAdmin, because I have a custom username and a custom password and maybe that Gesior doesn't know about it and it won't connect to my database?

!!I THINK THIS IS IMPORTANT!!
When I turn on my server, this is what it says:
Code:
[27/06/2010 14:25:04] >> Starting SQL connection
[27/06/2010 14:25:04] >> Running Database Manager
[27/06/2010 14:25:04] > No tables were optimized.
No tables were optimized...? Could that be part of the problem? :eek:

The things I've already done:
I already put the correct information on my config.lua,
Lua:
-- Database
	sqlType = "mysql"
	sqlHost = "localhost"
	sqlPort = 3306
	sqlUser = "otland"
	sqlPass = "********"
	sqlDatabase = "otland"
	sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
	sqlKeepAlive = 0
	mysqlReadTimeout = 10
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
	encryptionType = "sha1"
In phpMyAdmin, my database is called "otland" and the password is my exact password too!

So guys, if you guys can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you,
ELEM3NT :thumbup:

"No tables optimized" means that the tables were "fresh" and/or already 100% optimally functional, and thus did not have to be optimized.
(Optimization is like defragmenting your harddrive, but for MySQL databases. It reorders data to enable read/write speeds to be top notch. If everything is already perfect, there's no need to defrag/optimize)

As for the error; It's very simple really: You have supplied flawed information one way or another. Either your IP is wrong, or the user name is wrong, or the password is wrong. One of them is wrong, period.

@devianceone Yeah, I can connect to the account manager in-game.

@Rexxar I re-checked most of the info, and I cannot find anything wrong with them. :S... I know it has to be something wrong but I'll try to find it. Thanks,
ELEM3NT

I just noticed your reference to SQLite... Are your user information stored in a MYSQL database, or is it stored in that s3db file?

@Rexxar Im not sure.. Is there a way to check? Im not really smart with the SQL stuff.

EDIT: Should I change

Lua:
in config

to:
Lua:
	sqlFile = "mysql.sql"

Or like
Lua:
	sqlFile = "schemas/mysql.sql"

Something like that? ;O

Last edited:
@Rexxar Yea, I just realized that after I re-read your post. I edited my last post... Read it ;D! It says forgottenserver.s3bd

EDIT: Ohhh, you said sqlType... Sorry you said sqlFile. D: lol...
Heres my whole database part in my config:
Lua:
  -- Database
        sqlType = "mysql"
        sqlHost = "localhost"
        sqlPort = 3306
        sqlUser = "otland"
        sqlPass = "********"
        sqlDatabase = "otland"
        sqlKeepAlive = 0
        mysqlReadTimeout = 10
        mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
        encryptionType = "sha1"

Last edited:
Just check your "sqltype =" thing. Should be pretty much self-explanatory.

Hes already posted his database info.
sqlType = "mysql"

If hes using MYSQL the sqlite part doesnt make a difference. He said he can connect in-game so his database information is correct which makes me think this could be a web server problem, not a server/database problem.

Are you sure XAMPP or whatever you're using, is up and running?

Aka. Are you 100% sure your MYSQL server is up and functional?

Look, here's my server status...
bj5tm0.png

It says mysql is not running atm... I don't know why it says that! I have to restart my computer then it will say running, and everything. I will restart my computer then edit this post afterwards. Im not sure why mysql keeps on turning off by itself! D:

EDIT: Okay, I just got done restarting my computer, look at my server status on Uniform Server now:
ftj4aa.png

Is there a program that's like blocking mysql or something? Could that be the problem? :O!

-ELEM3NT

Last edited:
From what I can see, Mysql is active and should be able to recieve your connections, as long as you supply the correct user, password and database name.

Well, thats what I'm saying too, I have all the information typed in correctly... Also um, I didn't mention this but you know how you have to have a username and password to enter phpMyAdmin? The default for username is: root. I changed mine to, toor. Does that change anything?

The database named exactly "otland" in the phpMyAdmin.
24zllaq.png

My config with exactly "otland" as the sqlDatabase

Lua:
	-- Database
	sqlType = "MySQL"
	sqlHost = "localhost"
	sqlPort = 3306
	sqlUser = "toor"
	sqlPass = "****"
	sqlDatabase = "otland"
	sqlKeepAlive = 0
	mysqlReadTimeout = 10
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
	encryptionType = "sha1"

I had the same problem.

Switch from uniform server to xampp.
Maybe we were just too dumb to configure uniform server properly.
Xampp might be a bit less secure but oh well.

I'm not very familliar with PhpMyAdmin, I perfer using other tools... But shouldn't "grant" say "Yes" on otland? Cause I'm assuming it means you "Grant all privilegies to otland".

@Rozinx
Alright, I'll try it, but do you know any good tutorials out there to setup XAMPP? I searched for some but they seem a bit outdated.

EDIT: @Rexxar Made it say Yes. Still the same error, I'll get back to you guys later, downloading XAMPP and reading tutorials.

Last edited:
Back