• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved [Gesior Website] Edit the last flag system in Gesior tfs 0.4_rev_3703+

bury

Solutions
Reaction score
Edit 05/08/2017

The problem in debian 9.1 was caused by the flag system, once I edited the script EVERYBOY can create their account without problem. Now what I want is to select the country when you are creating your account. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi.

I used the last gesior website in a 0.4 server in windows and once I had my website finished I migrated everything to a dedicated with O.S Debian.

This gesior website detects the country (ip) of the person that creates the account and automatically generates the flag of that country. For example, I can create an account with my pc that uses normal Wi-Fi at home, but If I use the data plan of my phone the account is created successfully but not added to db.

People from Colombia, Mexico etc creates their account but then it doesn't appear on phpmyadmin.

As I said, using windows worked 100% without any error. I'm using php 7.1

Thanks you.

bump bump

Last edited:
Solution
Solution: Changed the Mariadb of the phpmyadmin and the autodetect-ip system works properly now. Everybody can make their account:

The one I use:

10.1.26-MariaDB-1~stretch - mariadb.org binary distribution
If the account is not added to the database, then it is not created successfully. Your OT server relies on loading account information from the database, if its not there, then it cannot log you in.
Look for error messages on the website. If you are using Uniform Server, you might need to configure it into development mode before errors are outputted on the screen, else just look into the error and access logs for clues.

If the account is not added to the database, then it is not created successfully. Your OT server relies on loading account information from the database, if its not there, then it cannot log you in.
Look for error messages on the website. If you are using Uniform Server, you might need to configure it into development mode before errors are outputted on the screen, else just look into the error and access logs for clues.

Yes, although it says it has been created successfully it doesn't add to the db, so something is wrong. I think is related with the flags system of gesior because for example in Spain we can all create accounts without problem, I can from my home, but if a Mexican or a Colombian try it, they cant for some reason we don't know. Maybe @Gesior.pl knows why??

Are the flag data stored in your accounts table?
If it is, change it to allow null values and see if that resolves the problem.

Are the flag data stored in your accounts table?
If it is, change it to allow null values and see if that resolves the problem.

Nope, look. System uses this to set the flag to every account:

Code:
$reg_account->setFlag(Website::getCountryCode(long2ip(Visitor::getIP())));

Then it gets the gifs from -> Index of /

If this is not the reason why with some foreign people system doesn't add their account? For example, I can create an account from my pc (with ethernet of my house) but if I try with my mobile (with wifi I also can do it, ofc) disabling my wifi and using the data plan, I can't create it lol (well I can but it doesnt get added).

For more info, this is the website. Its hosting in a kimsufi debian 9 server: Latestnews - Mythland

bump again maybe someone know....

Last edited by a moderator:
The getIP or long2ip function probably doesn't support IPv6 addresses, so it fails to resolve it to a country.
You probably need to do changes to your database to allow null or empty flag values, like I mentioned in my previous post.

If you want to do it through the AAC itself, check out the setFlag function. You might be able to do some tests there and set a default value if it fails to retrieve country code.

I manually disabled the flag system and now everybody can create an account.

I opened another thread to try to edit this flag system and get back to the last one, seting the flag when player creates the account.

The reason of removing my post was awesome but I dont remember what I wrote 100%.... Ok I'll start again...

As I said the flag system avoid some people, specially from south america, to create their account. I want to get back to the normal system of flags, selecting the country when you create your account. Could someone help me?

Is tfs-04_rev3703+ (the flag system doesn't work in debian 9.1...)

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason of removing my post was awesome but I dont remember what I wrote 100%.... Ok I'll start again...

As I said the flag system avoid some people, specially from south america, to create their account. I want to get back to the normal system of flags, selecting the country when you create your account. Could someone help me?

Is tfs-04_rev3703+ (the flag system doesn't work in debian 9.1...)

This is what you wrote;
As I explained in this thread the last gesior website for tfs 0.4 rev_3703 (here) didnt work properly for me in debian 9.1 (it did in Windows 10 with the same 0.4 rev_3703).

This new system, detects the country of the player via ip and it automatically selects the flag. I don't it like much because maybe someone doesn't want others to know where he is from, but with debian some people (specially from south america lol) couldn't even create their account (it said it has been created but then it didn't appear in db...)

I edited the script so now it doesn't give you any flag, but now there is a broken jpg image next to every character.

Could someone help me to fix the system so the player can set the flag when he creates the account, like always?

Follow the rules and we won't have to delete your threads / posts.
Rules for the Support board

Since you double posted to write that I suppose you havn't read them?

Ofc I have, but closed the tab.

The thing is from my point of view I'm asking two different things in each post. In this I didn't know if the problem was the flag system until I edited the script, and in the one I made this morning I'm asking to change a feature of the last gesior website. I dont think people will read the last message of this post so they can't not help me.

nvm

Ofc I have, but closed the tab.

The thing is from my point of view I'm asking two different things in each post. In this I didn't know if the problem was the flag system until I edited the script, and in the one I made this morning I'm asking to change a feature of the last gesior website. I dont think people will read the last message of this post so they can't not help me.

nvm

Thats why we have an amazing function called "edit post", that way you can change any post you did - even the first one!

bump

Maybe with an old gesior website I can copy the feature of setting the country when you are creating an account... any ideas?

Solution: Changed the Mariadb of the phpmyadmin and the autodetect-ip system works properly now. Everybody can make their account:

The one I use:

10.1.26-MariaDB-1~stretch - mariadb.org binary distribution

Solution
Back