• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

git how to ? any tutorial for?

Diarreamental

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys

i wanna know if it's possible to do something like this and if you guys know a tutorial or would teach how to do it for free here.

i ha a old repository of opentibiabr/otservbr-global (https://github.com/opentibiabr/otservbr-global/)
i want to recieve some commits and exclude others.. i wanna how if its possible , how to and if someone is willing to teach

thanks in advance

This tutorial will certainly help you

But now for real, git only stores changes within commits to make it light.
Causing that if you want to revert certain commits, those cannot include lines that are modified in later commits.
As well as other restrictions. But google can help you there. The command itself is git revert $commit
Personally, I actually had no idea and only gave you my google result... Not really a normal request. You can also always change things manually.

Just download github client it's beyond intuitive, just clickity clickity click and voila!

And like tomato said, a simple query at google might just be it. voila! again.

I remember you OP telling me to build some effort when I downloaded some distro from this forum because I've told several users to avoid it because it's beyond buggy.

A little effort might take you really far :)

If you have a fork of otservBR, then you can add otservbr as an extra remote on your local git installation. Then you can either merge with the remote (to merge all changes) or merge cherry picked commits from the otservbr remote.

@Nekiro has done an amazing job at maintaining a fork of TFS. I honestly wish the OTX and otservBR team could do the same approach, so the git network could be directly linked to each other, have a functional git blame system (and properly credit contributors), and make pull requests work across every distribution.

You can read more about how it works here, as well as how to collaborate on a forked repository:

You might also want to look into git-cherry-pick for working with isolated commits. Unfortunately I have yet to try this out so I'm not familiar with this yet.

If you have a fork of otservBR, then you can add otservbr as an extra remote on your local git installation. Then you can either merge with the remote (to merge all changes) or merge cherry picked commits from the otservbr remote.

@Nekiro has done an amazing job at maintaining a fork of TFS. I honestly wish the OTX and otservBR team could do the same approach, so the git network could be directly linked to each other, have a functional git blame system (and properly credit contributors), and make pull requests work across every distribution.

You can read more about how it works here, as well as how to collaborate on a forked repository:

You might also want to look into git-cherry-pick for working with isolated commits. Unfortunately I have yet to try this out so I'm not familiar with this yet.
git cherry-pick 6e7e5b7afa28639a0707981b0651399c474d4910
znote i tried that but
sometimes i get this error an other times i get somethign related to add user

error: could not apply 6e7e5b7a... Hirelings By Leu (jlcvp) (#1194)
hint: after resolving the conflicts, mark the corrected paths
Post automatically merged:

not working it like it load the files i did

git cherry-pick 6e7e5b7afa28639a0707981b0651399c474d4910
then git add data && git add source
it loads the files
warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in data/world/yasir/ankrahmun-spawn.xml.
The file will have its original line endings in your working directory
warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in data/world/yasir/carlin-house.xml.
warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in data/world/yasir/carlin-spawn.xml.
warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in data/world/yasir/libertybay-house.xml.
warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in data/world/yasir/libertybay-spawn.xml.

but they haven't changed
@Znote
Post automatically merged:

now as yesterday i get this
C:\Users\felip\Desktop\ot>git cherry-pick 6e7e5b7afa28639a0707981b0651399c474d4910
error: your local changes would be overwritten by cherry-pick.
hint: commit your changes or stash them to proceed.
fatal: cherry-pick failed

Last edited:
Back