• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Good protection in dedicated server.

Hermes

dziwki kola gramy w lola
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm going to buy dedicated server with Windows (yes, no Linux because I don't want to f*k up with compilling every release or using damn noob and ugly putty).

And I'm wondering, how to make and keep it safe? I mean what software I need to install to block stupid h4><0rz? This software shouldn't get in the way of server, like scanning it 24/7 (I'm noob in security :D)

And what should I look on before buying dedicated server?

And the last question. How I can track noob haxor by his IP adress? To beat him up or to send nuke to blow up his head xD.

Thanks,
Hermes

Just install xampp 1.6.8. Rename the phpmyadmin map and put a .htaccess file in it, then drop the PMA-user. I also recommend putting a .htaccess in the POT map. Do not install any virusscans because it will lagg your server and as long you scan everything on your own computer before you put it on the dedicated it won't go wrong I guess.

That's everything you gotta do I guess.

Rep++?

a really good solution u dont have

Code:
    Alias /phpmyadmin "C:/xampp/phpMyAdmin/"
    <Directory "C:/xampp/phpMyAdmin">
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Order allow,deny 
        Allow from all <--- TO UR DEDI IP
    </Directory>

change line allow from to ur dedicated ip and just that ip can access the phpmyadmin so u dont need to put anny htacess shit in it :p

/Danne

well u dont need even putty to use linux u can use remote-destkop on ubuntu-desktop just like on windows it's great for begginers . But firstly for better known linux u can install it on ur own computer ( u can got windows and linux on 1 hard drive too )here is the link for ubuntu Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu

Code:
    Alias /phpmyadmin "C:/xampp/phpMyAdmin/"
    <Directory "C:/xampp/phpMyAdmin">
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Order allow,deny 
        Allow from all <--- TO UR DEDI IP
    </Directory>

change line allow from to ur dedicated ip and just that ip can access the phpmyadmin so u dont need to put anny htacess shit in it :p

/Danne

would be **** nice to tell what file this is o_O

Back