• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Grass boarders on grass.

Summit

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a nifty little trick I've been using for a while. Donno if it's around but if it is, here's another one.

Using either small or thick grass boarders on grass it's self can be an effective way to break up large chunks of grass area without actually changing the ground type. I personally don't like the thick boarders (gaudy and what not), but to each their own.

First I'll cover how to use them to give the impression of a higher level of ground on the same floor.

Laid a base to work on.
zik5xe.png

Using the small boarders we back up a line for each new row.
2pr6v7m.png

Now the same with thick boarders just to show the difference. You get a greater effect with the thick boarders but a lot of the time subtlety is the key with this.
2dv6ikg.png

Here's an example of its uses in an actual map. Without the grass boarder this area would require a lot more in the way of eye catching (or as i like to call it, movement obstructing) detail in order to be viable as a playable map.
vo7kif.png

Attachments

as opposed to 500 gravel types in one game window? lawl. the purpose of it is to fill in areas that are otherwise empty of ground detail. its these areas that people spam in.... the purpose of this is to give a subtle change without drawing a bunch of attention...

Back