• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[hard drive] randomly stopped working?

Bamm

Zotac RPG Creator
Reaction score
okay so my computer was working fine for the longest time, since ive got it, i went out for an afternoon, came back and my computer was off.. i tried to turn it on and it wouldnt boot so i went to boot menu and my hard drive (sata 320gb hd)wasnt showing up on boot list.. how does a hard drive just randomly die?

i bought this almost a year ago at futureshop, they said its covered by a warranty and i guess they will replace it?

meanwhile i took apart an older computer i have and put in the harddrive from it and reformatted it with vista (this computer always had vista, computer i took hd from had xp before), its a old hard drive so probably not very good and only 160gb.

i want to know if theres anything i can do just to make my hard drive start working again cause i dont wanna bring it to futureshop and get stuck waiting for them to fix it when i know what the problem is, they probably wont just give me the harddrive to replace..

Back