• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

having trouble compiling TFS.

Arkemis

Reaction score
I've read through the rules and I'm going to try to do my best to adhere to them but the truth is I'm starting to think I'm in over my head. To the point where I can't even figure out the right questions to ask. This community has me pretty intimidated.

I've hit so many brick walls that leave me feeling a level of helplessness that I've never experienced with a computer. (I've never encountered anything i couldn't google-fu my way through to understanding and proficiency, except SNES rom hacking and assembly language, that was similarly difficult.)

I could stick to my post title and get the specific answer i need to successfully compile this .exe, but truth is I wouldn't be any better off if I were just handed that fish.

What I need is one of you talented individuals who has the divine grace and patience to grant me an audience and let me probe their knowledge to better understand how all these pieces fit together and reconcile my understanding.

I've read and followed through many guides here, with many different resources, approaches, and contradicting information. I successfully setup Uniform Server, got apache and mysql setup with a database I imported from the schema.sql file in TFS, and got my initial znoteAAC up and working ( i failed to get modern AAC to install) but it turned out I had the wrong TFS version, (im not even sure I did though, I'm so lost). So im trying to compile one for an 8.6 server.

Im not asking for any handouts or favors, in fact I would prefer to labor myself. I want to understand what I'm doing, not just have it done for me. I'm just looking for the opportunity to learn. I've loved Tibia since I was a child, and building a server is a dream of mine. A helping hand to point me in the right direction to acquire the understanding for myself is all I desire. I know I'm competent enough to do this, I'm very quick to learn. If I don't yet have the prerequisite skills to do this, I will happily learn them too.

My apologies for the length of my plea, I figured this was a more preferable route to establishing some relationships here, then making a post with every confusion that plagues me. I apologize in advance for any etiquette mistakes I might be making, and a thousand "thank you's" in advance to the angel who aids me.

Ok, I figured it out for myself, vcpkg wasnt bootstrapping right because my powershell version was outdated and my [system.string] was missing the 'IsNullOrWhiteSpace' method. I have made some forward progress. (Logged my first char into my world!)

I've learned a lot about this forums culture, and I know that those who don't show they can swim for themselves, drown. So I'm swimming whether I get assistance or not. Stay tuned for future support threads!

Back