• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help Channel Spam

Dragoniten

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm trying to help out a friend on his server, and i'd like to know if anyone know how to create a timer to avoid spam, or a command for the tutors to mute the spammers, something like:

!mute playername*duration*reason

Example:
!mute Mr Spammer*300*spamming: 00:00 Mr Spammer [250]: spamspamspam

in this case, the 300 would be seconds, 5 minutes in that case

if someone know how to so something like that, or even a "you can only send a message each 30 seconds", i would appreciate ur help
thx :)

you can do this so players can only talk every x seconds VIA XML!

e.g. c:\yourotservdir\data\channels.xml open this file and edit this line:
Code:
<channel id="9" name="Help" logged="yes"/>
to this replacing 'X' with your ammount of time you want to mute players in this channel, thus reducing the SPAM!
Code:
<channel id="9" name="Help" muted="X" conditionId="2" conditionMessage="Please wait for assistance, You will be answered by someone soon enough!" logged="yes"/>
This will return 'conditionMessage' if they try spam the channel, they are only allowed to speak every X seconds in the help channel!

i know you want a 'talk action' this can also be done but this way it is easier to allow the channel to be more helpful as there won't be multiple users able to 'spam' the thread if no staff is 'online' at the time!

Back
Top Bottom