• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help Me Please.

baneofwar

Reaction score
Okay, here's the deal. I download TFS yesterday, and everything worked fine.. My friends could connect, I could connect, and everything was great.

The only problem was that I had no way of setting up a God character or GM. So I searched the forums for awhile, and I asked (posted in the wrong forum ofcourse), and I finally found that I needed to set up a MySQL server. So I did. I downloaded Xampp, and edited the account/character ID's, and created a Gamemaster. I even got to change my own account number to something I could remember easier than what was generated (nice.).

Now I get to my point, and why I come here today. Somewhere during the process of downloading xampp, editing the MySQL, and then finding that nifty little line in the config.lua that tells the server whether to use sqlite or MySQL, something happened

and now I'm the only one who is able to connect to my server. I thought it was the fact that I had downloaded Xampp, and switched to MySQL, so I uninstalled Xampp, switched back to SQLite....Downloaded a SQLite browser to change the account types so I could have another God/GM.. Yet Still, no one can connect now.

Can someone please help me to figure out what I did wrong? Is there anyway to fix it? Is there any point in starting over again? I've looked all over the forums for an answer, and haven't found one..

Please help me :/

Matt

Last edited:
Im very confused at this post.... first how did u connect to a tfs server without having a mysql or sqlite alrdy set up??? it gives you and error right away saying you dont have a database set up.

If you are using a router, you need to port forward ports 80, 7171 and sometimes 3306

go to portforward.com and find your router and then your portforwarding for otserv. Follow there directions and it will work for you

Back