• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[help] Send more tiles - no creature found to move

chupaescadatri

Banned User
Reaction score
Screen_Shotft002.jpg

Error in Otclient

when I go down the rookgaard manure the client freezes, the bottom floor does not appear, and on the console of the otclient this error appears
Code:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32323 31794 7, stackpos:1
at:
    [C++]: ?getMappedThing@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VThing@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@@Z
ERROR: no creature found to move
at:
    [C++]: ?parseCreatureMove@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
ERROR: no thing at pos:32324 31794 7, stackpos:1
at:
    [C++]: ?getMappedThing@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VThing@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@@Z
at:
    [C++]: ?parseCreatureMove@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
ERROR: unable to remove creature
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32327 31782 6, stackpos:1
at:
at:
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32327 31782 6, stackpos:1
at:
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32328 31782 6, stackpos:1
at:
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32329 31782 6, stackpos:1
at:

my protocalgame.cpp
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Ope - Pastebin.com

I suppose it is a mistake that monsters are poorly positioned on lower floors,
the floors 7,8,9 ... work ok
the underground floors do not

help!

Update:
in const.h
Code (Text):

1. #define NETWORKMESSAGE_MAXSIZE 24590
I was notified increasing this number could resolve some issues.

now I have another error, as runas only work in battle,
If you click on it and click on the screen it does not work, it only works by clicking through the battle,

Last edited:
Screen_Shotft005.jpg

I discovered that I can not use any item, shovel, rope and not just the runes .. do you know what I should pack?

if someone will still have problem with this i will present some explanation how to set this more properly xD
so if you experience the errors in client as "ERROR: no creature found to move"
that means that data send to client got cut off there is a few reasons
  • your client has map set differently then it is set on client for example client has it set to 12/9 and client to 15/11 (that will cause problems) - also client need to have both values set to odd values so from 12/9 to 11/9
  • value of NETWORKMESSAGE_MAXSIZE is too small or too big default value is set to around 15k which translates to something around 15Kb and maximum you can set is 65535 which is limitation of TCP one packet send size by setting this value to anything from 15k to 65.5k you should be in a margin of good setting (if error still persists. aka you lose tiles loaded in client or you get the error mentioned above you need to increase the network number.

if you want to have as "network efficient" connection as possible i will recomend to try to decrese this value little by litte untill you get your sweet spot. why is that so even tho name suggests that its Maximum available size ? cause each packet will be of this size its used to calculate
MAX_BODY_LENGTH so in the end this will be the max size of 1 packet send once

Back