• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Help with IP, DSN, etc..

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello ot-land users, now i need help.

In my house are 2 computers (one for me and other for my brother), my brother is using the modem and i'm using the router.

How you know, i don't have the same ip that my brother, but i find my IP and i cant enter to my server, others players can enter too.

The problem is that the Dynamic ip (NO-IP) detects a IP that is diferent to the ip that i'm using in my server, so... i create a Dynamic IP with the IP that i'm using but when i start the NO-IP software, it update the new IP, so.. me and players can't enter to my server with the Dynamic-IP.

What can i do?

I don't know if I understood your post correct, but if I did this maybe will work :p

why use the NO-IP Software if it updates your ip to wrong? just add a hostname at no-ip.org and skip the software. Also remember to put your global ip at the hostnames ip adress, and not your local ip.

So if you are using a router and your IP is class C then you need to do some port fortwarding...

there are a lot of topics about portfortwarding on otland, just look for them

So if you are using a router and your IP is class C then you need to do some port fortwarding...

there are a lot of topics about portfortwarding on otland, just look for them

i do it, add the port with the ip that i'm using and the ip that the no-ip detects, but still not working :/

Darkhaous, when you open ports in your router then you shall use your local ip (192.168.0.xxx) or you have something else maybe, I don't know. But you have to open port 80, 7171, 7172, 3306 and 8090 (there is one of the two last ports I wrote that you don't have to open, but I did it just to be sure everything was opened - so do it you also, it wont matter if you open an unnecessary port). And if you don't know how to open ports, then there are several guides for this on otland - exactly as specjalist already said).

Darkhaous, when you open ports in your router then you shall use your local ip (192.168.0.xxx) or you have something else maybe, I don't know. But you have to open port 80, 7171, 7172, 3306 and 8090 (there is one of the two last ports I wrote that you don't have to open, but I did it just to be sure everything was opened - so do it you also, it wont matter if you open an unnecessary port). And if you don't know how to open ports, then there are several guides for this on otland - exactly as specjalist already said).

I know how.. but i already open ports 7171, 7172, 7272, 80.

I open these ports with local ip and the ip that detects the No-IP :s!

I'll try these steps again in the night.

I know how.. but i already open ports 7171, 7172, 7272, 80.

ok.. try open port 3306 also (that's the mysql port, you need that one opened).

Also what do you mean with:

You can't use your local ip (192.xxx.xx.xx) in your server, you have to use your global ip there. Or did I misunderstood you? ^^

You can't use your local ip (192.xxx.xx.xx) in your server, you have to use your global ip there. Or did I misunderstood you? ^^

If i use the local ip, me and my friends can enter to the server, if i use global ip, me and friends can't enter to the server.

thats wierd.. your friends connecting via hamachi, or do you lan? Because else you shouldnt be able to connect to a local ip

in config.lua = global ip
when opening ports = local ip

you using that?

www.cualesmiip.com enter there , u need to use that IP!!!!

i got 2 pcs on my house and i can easily host a server

both of my computers are conected to the router, and the router to the modem.....

the ip 192~ is probably the local ip....of ur router

Cual es mi IP, Mi IP, Saber Mi IP, Conocer mi IP enter there , u need to use that IP!!!!

i got 2 pcs on my house and i can easily host a server

both of my computers are conected to the router, and the router to the modem.....

the ip 192~ is probably the local ip....of ur router

Yea but i can enter with the ip that vies me cualesmiip.com... i only can enter with the local ip.. and my friends can enter with the local ip, not with the global.

Back