• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help with my new game idea

TaeginX

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone could help me...

Ok here is the task at hand. I have decided in order to make my server a little more rpg-ish to put in 25 crystals of power with various effects. the scripting of the actual items went fine for me so i dont need to post that, but i would like to make these items where only 1 person can take them for the entire life of the server(including if i need to shutdown the server for updates or maintenace. i do not see how this would be possible because since the map and lua's reaload all the time when you restart the server that means even if there was only one if i ever had to shutdown the server there would be duplicates. so my question is does anyone know how i could make this happen(you may use examples with different id's i just need a skeletal outline of what should be done.

Yours,
TaeginX:cool:

i was wondering if anyone could help me...

Ok here is the task at hand. I have decided in order to make my server a little more rpg-ish to put in 25 crystals of power with various effects. the scripting of the actual items went fine for me so i dont need to post that, but i would like to make these items where only 1 person can take them for the entire life of the server(including if i need to shutdown the server for updates or maintenace. i do not see how this would be possible because since the map and lua's reaload all the time when you restart the server that means even if there was only one if i ever had to shutdown the server there would be duplicates. so my question is does anyone know how i could make this happen(you may use examples with different id's i just need a skeletal outline of what should be done.

Yours,
TaeginX:cool:

Well whether you restart or not.. the quests remember that you have taken the items...
So maybe make it a questable item with a unique id.

From anihi.
if item.uid == 5001 then
queststatus = getPlayerStorageValue(cid,100)
if queststatus == -1 then
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"You have found a demon armor.")
doPlayerAddItem(cid,2494,1)
setPlayerStorageValue(cid,100,1)
else
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"It is empty.")
end
end

I am wondering if you could convert it to somthing like this.

if item.uid == ???? then ~~~(Crystal ID)
queststatus = getPlayerStorageValue(cid,100)
if queststatus == -1 then
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"You can only use 1 crystal.")
doPlayerAddItem(cid,2494,1)
setPlayerStorageValue(cid,100,1)
else

atleast they wont be able to use the functions of the crystal!

Or another way would be to add a Hand only script to the items xml.
like this
</item>
<item id="????" name="Special crystal">
<attribute key="weight" value="????"/>
<attribute key="weaponType" value="sword"/>
</item>

Atleast they could only equip 1 because the atributes only work in 1 hand!

I am sorry i couldnt help more with a more direct script,
I am still learning php/xml!

Hey Casa

I appreciate you trying to help me and all and i am only learning all this stuff as well but by reading your scripts and their explanation i know now i probably was not clear enough.
I meant i need a way to make an item appear that can be picked up by one player then no other player could ever pick it up again

Ty anyway

actually thanks i feel so stupid lol... that would be great and work really well to. I really appreciate that sometimes i over think things. any way i will do that my problem is solved you can close the thread

Back