• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua (?) - Help with teleport destinations

Lizard Helper

Reaction score
Alright; I know how to make things teleport through lua scripts. What I'm trying to do is find out how magic forcefields work. I've looked around in actions movements and items, but I can't seem to figure this out - when you map a forcefield, you can give it coordinates to teleport to. But where are they stored?

The reason is I want to find out if that property can be given to any item. Say I have an amulet with actionId 1234. Using the /attr talkAction, can I edit the place it would go? Just like the forcefield. Just to be clear; I don't mean scripting the destination, I mean giving each individual item a set of coordinates, and for the script to get those coordinates from the item and take you there.

Is this possible?

It's a special attribute, which (I believe) is assigned to the teleporter upon map loading.
Of course, you can add it to items with the talkaction too, but there could be better ways of giving a property to an item using doItemSetAttribute

Hm. Well, to be honest I'm not exactly understanding.

My intention is to get some item, edit the x,y,z destination on the item, and have an action script read that and send you there. Kinda like the forcefields. It's not meant to be a spell or for anyone to do it. I guess you could call it a "blessing of the gods". Edit one particular item that now works as a teleporter to that particular location.

So I'm trying to find out if such a "variable", I guess you could call it that, exists in the item itself, that can be modified. If so, what is it called? And if there isn't such a thing, is there a way to add it?

Back