• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Hex] Client header information - where's the protocol information?

Powahz0r

Banned User
Reaction score
I'm not asking about what it says at Info, but where is the output protocol information defined (in hex/assembly) in the Tibia client?
If I put it this way:
I've compiled 8.1 TFS-sources and changed the protocol to 7.5 (only changing text 810 -> 750), and I changed the if protocol > 810 "Only protocol 8.1 is allowed" to if protocol != 750 "Only protocol 7.5 is allowed"*.

The problem is that I still receive the error when attempting to login with a 7.5 client - I get rejected with the former mentioned error: "Only protocol 7.5 is allowed".

My goal: to make a 7.5 server, just not as bugged as YurOTs, Neverland, etc (attempting to base it on TFS)

Edit: I figured it's probably the items.otb right?
So, would there be any relatively simple way to fix that?
I tried overwriting the item-files with YurOTs 7.5, but then the Server weren't able to load the items-files..
[14/03/2008 19:03:08] Not supported items.otb version.
[14/03/2008 19:03:16] > ERROR: Unable to load items (OTB)!

I know, the most logical reason is that I gotta search for every single feature in the 8.1 sources that's not supposed to work for 7.5, but would anyone have an idea of an easier way, or where I should start?

*This code isn't C++, just clear text of the idea about what I did (not going to open Dev Cpp to check the exact code).

Last edited:
Back