• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hexera-hexana-Masiyah

Seems Like there is some legal issues , I think cipsoft took them to court , and the servers have been seized as a evidence in a case, thus why even forums are offline . But thats just my speculations , i may be wrong.

Well there's two options really;

Either they got tired of hosting and ran off with the money, which happens a lot with private servers.
Or they got taken to court by CIPSoft, which means they cannot legally talk about it or let anyone know what's happening.

You must be so dumb to think that CipSoft is actually taking any legal action against Xinn and/or Rohan's server. I still wonder how come there are still 374 servers online right now at 15:00 CET, including otservlist.org itself.

In this world, we will always have dumb people starting useless conspiracies when there is no official information about a certain thing.

You must be so dumb to think that CipSoft is actually taking any legal action against Xinn and/or Rohan's server. I still wonder how come there are still 374 servers online right now at 15:00 CET, including otservlist.org itself.

In this world, we will always have dumb people starting useless conspiracies when there is no official information about a certain thing.

How exactly is it "so dumb" to consider potential legal action, when CipSoft has full legal right to attack virtually any private server because they're using not only copyrighted CipSoft assets, but also in many cases a copyrighted CipSoft client?

If the hoster is located in Germany it'd be exceedingly easy for CipSoft to take them to court. In other countries less so, but still possible, especially if they are in the European Union.

but rohan servers are probably the most successful so it would make sense for cipsoft to go after the biggest one
he has 5+ different type of servers
all that had hundreds of active players everyday
and also cipsoft have changed how they work the last years, i think they have some different guy in charge or something

ofcourse we don't know shit but it doesn't make sense to shut down servers like hexera that's been onlline for 8+ years, and that still was very popular. and all his others servers were online for long too, with still big communities
we just need to wait for him to say something now we can just spectulate

Anything new somebody know any other game i can play that is like hexera???

Crap

I heard masteria works but i dont find it

but rohan servers are probably the most successful so it would make sense for cipsoft to go after the biggest one
he has 5+ different type of servers
all that had hundreds of active players everyday
and also cipsoft have changed how they work the last years, i think they have some different guy in charge or something

ofcourse we don't know shit but it doesn't make sense to shut down servers like hexera that's been onlline for 8+ years, and that still was very popular. and all his others servers were online for long too, with still big communities
we just need to wait for him to say something now we can just spectulate
its been down for like 1 year now whats happening

I know it's an old topic but it's being talked about over and over again.

Legal actions are possible, but CipSoft hasn't done that before as far as I know.
It makes no sense for them to go after the biggest OT Servers and then make them shut up.
Going after the biggest is what you do to make an example and show that you can't be messed with.

Of course, it still is all just speculation, but you know what happens usually? Life goes on. People don't want to live off an OT.
They form a family and get busy with them as well as their job. There is no time to lead a huge OT.

People move on guys, and so should you.

@Merrok good point, they can make 2 or 3 times more money from "normal" work than from OT, so I it is obvious that fun with developing an OT will be replaced with stable work in future.

The only reason I can think of why OTLand is keeping it is if they're getting paid for it. Other than that, I see no good reason to promote it
And yet it's still Otlands supported server list, awkward.

Back