• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster Hiring All Staff

Skull Splitter

Reaction score
I'm looking to invest in a few individuals who are able to assist and educate me on starting/operating a remote hosted server. I had a few OTs open in '07 and would like to restart this venture. Obviously things have changed drastically since then, and I need to be brought up to speed.

Beginning stages would involve
  • Sourcing an adequate hosting company
  • Sourcing a good OT server
  • Getting server online via host
  • Ensure character creation and other basic features work properly
  • Ensure server is editable and updateable
  • Set up of website/forum/shop

Follow up stages
  • Find and address bugs
  • Editing additional content/quests/mapping/etc
  • Ensure existing players are entertained, either through quests, events, or other creative idea
  • Marketing server to gain new players
  • Management/Maintenance/Moderate on website/forum/shop
As you can tell, there's many tasks to be done, and this is a long term goal that if executed properly will keep you busy for a long time. With a compensation plan that is negotiable dependant upon your skill and involvement. In addition, once the server has active and contributing players, you will also gain a percentage of total sales from the shop.

Please contact me via email if applying
[email protected]

Any questions, please reply.

how much would ya pay for host ?
I expect to pay what the hoster feels is worth their services. The host I'm looking for must provide security, quality, and insurance in the event all our hard work gets damaged.

Last edited:
tell me a price and i send you the ip for remote controll and u can test 3 days and tell me how it feels. i got host

tell me a price and i send you the ip for remote controll and u can test 3 days and tell me how it feels. i got host

Thanks moe, but I just now got my hands on the TFS server, and am not even close to setting anything up to test a remote host. Regardless, I would much rather hire an established company that can provide the failsafes and insurances I require. I'm not looking to bid on an unclear service with unknown capabilities.
I'm looking to invest a good deal of time and cash into this, so I'm going to be picky to ensure it's quality and longevity.

Back