• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Hosting] How much players can it handle?

Zisly

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you have any idea of how many people I could host with the computer:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3ghz
Ram: 1024mb
Internet: 11mb/1,2mb
Map Size: 15mb~
Distro: TFS 0.3 path 3

Could you tell me how many people I can handle in these states:
No lagg:
Little lagg:
RT lagg (when Tibia was being attacked):

Last edited:
Are you 100%?
Sounds a bit extreme for my computer :p, but if you say so ^^

The upload stream is 1,2 mb, thats 150 players. With 1 GB of RAM your computer will start to freeze a bit after you get 160 players online. If now, you extend your RAM to 2 GB, still you can handle 150 players, because your upstream is the same. Im 100% sure ^^

The upload stream is 1,2 mb, thats 150 players. With 1 GB of RAM your computer will start to freeze a bit after you get 160 players online. If now, you extend your RAM to 2 GB, still you can handle 150 players, because your upstream is the same. Im 100% sure ^^

Damn, nice then :D
Thanks!
Thought I would only be able to handle 50-60~ :p

Edit;
You didn't mention my processor.. are you just judging by RAM and the connection speed? (just checking)

Are you guys guessing or what?!
Because first some say 150 then 80 etc >.<

You have to see it like this, a quad core who's running on 1gb ram does need alone a lot of sources already...but depending on how stable your i-net is, I can tell you for sure that you'll be able to hold atleast 80 Players without any laggs..
If you upgrade your ram a bit you'll prolly hold a few more without any laggs, but as Jester mentioned if your i-net is on the limit upgrading wont effect anything then :p

sincerly, Exhibition

Back