• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hosting on Debian

The computer is good, iv hosted on alot less, but the internet speed isnt exactly awsome 0_o

Well, he doesn't need a super internet for hosting either, the cpu is the most important role here, he got enough for hosting... And, he also said he was on his laptop, when you're doing speedtests and such things on laptops the internet speed will decrease alot.. Before when I had 24mbts download, I got the result "2000kbts~~" on my laptop, when I tried on my real computer I got like 16 mbts.

Well anyway, now my internet is abit higher.. :p around 50~~ (sorry for off-topic).

Shouldn't be any different Internet speed just because it's a Laptop? (You made it sound that way xD)
But if the Laptop uses wireless Internet it will most likely go slower.

Shouldn't be any different Internet speed just because it's a Laptop? (You made it sound that way xD)
But if the Laptop uses wireless Internet it will most likely go slower.

Yes, your internet decreases while on a laptop if you aren't directly connected to the internet like you're on a stationary computer.

Your internet is pretty fine, I had worse.

You can keep 80 players online with that network I guess, with 80 players online you can start to take some small donations, and earn up for a dedic server. :)

Also there is nothing bad with your computer. Just keep in mind to keep it for hosting the server, and not to play on as well.

Your internet is pretty fine, I had worse.

You can keep 80 players online with that network I guess, with 80 players online you can start to take some small donations, and earn up for a dedic server. :)

Also there is nothing bad with your computer. Just keep in mind to keep it for hosting the server, and not to play on as well.

Thank you verry much for the comments :)
Yes I will try to keep donate money for a dedicated server later :)

You might want a little more ram than 2GB. One of my servers alone uses 2.1GB xD (With 300-400 users online)

You might want a little more ram than 2GB. One of my servers alone uses 2.1GB xD (With 300-400 users online)

By that time, Anothai would earn so much money to keep a double the good server. Its a waste to go for such a computer in the start.

edit1: It also depends ALOT on how big the map is.

By that time, Anothai would earn so much money to keep a double the good server. Its a waste to go for such a computer in the start.

edit1: It also depends ALOT on how big the map is.

Experience rate will be around 15-20 x, so I think map will be around 25-30 MB or more :]

Back