• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Hosting on sux computer

Fare

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hello, I just got a possibility to use colocation with 100\100 mbit internet, but I don't have any computer for this... I just have a old comp, it's 2x pentium 3 processors(each is 1.0 Ghz) and 512 mb RAM. My map is around 7 MB. How much players can hold this fucking machine ? xDD (inet is ~100\~100)

Before it starts to lag? well if you stand outside a house with traped monsters inside the server will lagg.. i think the lagg will we worse at around 40~50 players

Just to point out, both of this wasn't really accurate. I did once host a 7.6 war OT on a 450Mhz Pentium 2 with 378mb ram and a over decent graphics card, and had roughly 110 peeps online at a point still lagfree, though it was a war server, and a thais map which influences a bit, but claiming it lags if you've got a house and a monster inside of it is a bit overdoing it

Just to point out, both of this wasn't really accurate. I did once host a 7.6 war OT on a 450Mhz Pentium 2 with 378mb ram and a over decent graphics card, and had roughly 110 peeps online at a point still lagfree, though it was a war server, and a thais map which influences a bit, but claiming it lags if you've got a house and a monster inside of it is a bit overdoing it

7.6 was too way different than 8.~.

I hosted a 7.6 server with 40~ players without lag.

256 mb RAM, 1 processor of 1.20(?) GHz, maybe 1.00.

And the hard disk of the computer was full of shit looool! :p

Internet: 100kb download speed, 50kb upload.

60 players.

At the beginning my server was hosted on a computer very similar to this one, except in the processor (1 AMD Athlon 64 2Ghz) and connection (1/0.35 mbit).

The connection and the CPU power won't be a problem for you.

Back