• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hosting two Server..

but if there's more players on the two servers Then u get lag!!

Nope you won't;) I think it will start to lagg as soon ull get like 250+? maybe it can even handle more if its 100 mbit

So not the Ram is important but the amount of internet speed? And what happen if the server save on one of the servers appears? Will it lagg the other server aswell?

well the ram is important aswell.. but 8 gb is alot which normally u have enough at 3 gb for 1 server.

I don't know:p I think it will just save one server, if you wanna know what it really will do u should try it out XD have 2 servers on and wait for a server save and check, but I don't think it will be a big problem

Hehe nice i will try soon but could you tell me how it will go? Since I ain't so much knowledge yet I want to learn. Do I have to change first the server.xml in xml folder to add the world id 1? And then go further with creating a new database? And then starting two servers? Will it work since adding starting one exe and afterwards the same would cauz problems because the application will say then that you have already one started.

test instead of ask...

that's peoples main problem, they ask too much... if you test it you get skills in fixing it better.. and make skill how to handle stuffs in future...

so start test before ask...

well you need to make different ports that for sure :p just like realsoft said test before you ask :)

If you got problems then while your trying you can reply^^

Ye I think it's easier to have 2 different databases ofcourse:p else you will see both servers in one highscore etc.. xD

Ye I think it's easier to have 2 different databases ofcourse:p else you will see both servers in one highscore etc.. xD

Not?, thats why there is 'world_id' field on players table -.^

@Thread yes, but i highly recommend you to use linux....

with 95gb ram each...

Wait... What?...

Is it possible to host 2 real map Servers on a dedicated server without lagg?

If you have enough RAM and connection speed to accommodate the planned amount of users, sure. Each RLmap uses around 2GB of ram each without players online.

That would leave you with around... 3.5 ~ 4.0 GB of ram available for users.

Assuming you don't host anything other than a MYSQL server on said dedicated server, that should be more than enough to host at least 300 players on each, probably more.

Back