• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Fix/Patch House list edit bug

Lordfire

Intermediate OT User
TFS Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ranisalt
So TFS has a bug where, if a player opens up the aleta sio dialog before getting kicked from the house he can still edit it and click ok to save the list. That way, he can either cleanup the list and kick everybody from the house or put himself on the list silently and come back later to rob everything, and the owner will never know.

Demonstration (jump straight to 5:00):

The fix is simple, just remove the house reference from the player when he gets kicked, that is, he will click ok, the server will see that he is not editing any house and silently ignore it, but not allow the bug to happen.

Link to the patch: https://gist.github.com/ranisalt/40c93e4243ed2fbe0865
How to apply: if you are on Linux, put the patch on the root folder of your server (the folder that contains src/ and config.lua) and run:
Code:
patch -p1 -i the-name-of-the-patch-file.patch
Otherwise if you run Windows, download patch from here and run:
Code:
patch.exe -p1 --binary -i the-name-of-the-patch-file.patch

There's no configuration involved. Demonstration on how it works now:

Liked it? Don't forget to drop a star by my Forgotten fork, it has more interesting stuff :D

Use the latest TFS version, this patch is included.

Back