• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How hard is it to host a 7.4 real tibia map?

Grozzmo

Reaction score
Hi,

Im not a coder or anything like that, Ive ran rl tibia maps back in the days 10+ years ago. But I wonder how hard It would be to start a 7.4 server today? Same as Retrocores / Classick74 for example?

What kind of costs are we talking about here, I would be happy If I had like 100 players online. Is it even worth it or to much of a hassle?

Would this server be something to look into?

players are picky and the major servers are causing most of players to flock there its relatively easy to host a server its pretty much as easy as running it to get 100 players you would need good advertisement

Hi,

Im not a coder or anything like that, Ive ran rl tibia maps back in the days 10+ years ago. But I wonder how hard It would be to start a 7.4 server today? Same as Retrocores / Classick74 for example?

What kind of costs are we talking about here, I would be happy If I had like 100 players online. Is it even worth it or to much of a hassle?

Would this server be something to look into?
First... You must know how to manage host, set website, commands on Linux (linux is the best choice for hosting)... Of course buy it. On google search you can find many offerts with VPS. I think for start you can buy something cheap.
Second... You must know how to compile, edit and manage engine game. Lua, xml's scripts, datapacks, map...
Third... As @highsanta say, you must good advertise your server. Currently i working / start my private server. Please check my advert, website my server, and enter on discord server. We talk about it.

Back