• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How many players can this computer handle?

Kiman

Reality OT Staff
Reaction score
Intel Core2Duo 2.4 ghz processor
4gb RAM
I'm also using a Real Map that's about 100mb in size

Server has a 100/100 mbit download/upload speed

Thanks

Like colandus said, 10-15, or might be 16... But if you have luck you can pass the great 20 ;)

in the real world, shit like 100 players doesn't happen.
you're lucky if you get at least 10 but more than that and you'll run into issues on winblows

I think using the Real Map it will easily run 4GB memory for the server.
Therefor i'd recommend 6 or 8 GB if you wanna host a 100MB map with players without lagg.

I think using the Real Map it will easily run 4GB memory for the server.
Therefor i'd recommend 6 or 8 GB if you wanna host a 100MB map with players without lagg.

I'm hosting the server atm with 150 players online no lagg at all.
I just wanna know what the cap is.

About 600-1000. Depending on the scripts and spawns. And if your running Linux ofcource.

Players

08/02/2010, 17:10:57

Sorry but who said 10-20?

Your cap should be until 400 & will start having some small spikes probably, and will be noticeable spikes at 450-500, well keep using this server, its great, later on if you get donations upgrade your RAM, will be better for players, good luck!

And yeah, it depends on scripts how are they written, and also linux and windows - linux is alot more better ofcorse as stian said =)

Edit - sorry for double post >.<

People should really upload their server and post full specs on their computers. Then we'll be able to give 100% accurate max players. It's more or less just guessing now. A 100mb map means from like 1GB to 4GB memory usage. Depending on everything else, it doesn't tell us much.

Thunderion use 1 92-94MB map, and got a memory usage of 3.3GB.

I've also had a 120MB test map, it used 2.4GB. Simply it doesn't scale that way. There is also a diffrence between otserv, tfs 02/0.3/0.4 etc.

Unless you have some really crappy scripts or those that contain lots of loops and repeat often, the scripts shouldn't have a noticeable impact on overall performance.
0.2 (even on winblows) would use less

Unless you have some really crappy scripts or those that contain lots of loops and repeat often, the scripts shouldn't have a noticeable impact on overall performance.
0.2 (even on winblows) would use less

I know that. Used to be 2.XX with 0.3.5 (?). Will be around around a few hundred megabytes if I get the SQL/sector maps working as it should.

People should really upload their server and post full specs on their computers. Then we'll be able to give 100% accurate max players. It's more or less just guessing now. A 100mb map means from like 1GB to 4GB memory usage. Depending on everything else, it doesn't tell us much.

I've also had a 120MB test map, it used 2.4GB. Simply it doesn't scale that way. There is also a diffrence between otserv, tfs 02/0.3/0.4 etc.

Later on today, when I get home. I'll make a full analys of my server with specs and everything.

The server uses 1.6 gb ram without players if i'm correct (I opened up taskmanager and checked the memory usage of the process).

I'm also currently using Win XP Professional latest Service Pack and I have killed all the unnecessesary processes for example Explorer

The only stuff that's running is the server and xampp lite

Well, then I say upto ~1.2k players along with any website system. A little depending on scripts (they can go rough and run out of memory, or like on Eternia, use up a large potion of the CPU). You'll need to use 64bit to use 4GB in total (4GB - ALL other memory, like CPU cache, disk cache, graphicard memory etc is max on 32bit).

Back