• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How often should I fetch from TFS 1.3 git repository?

Snavy

Bakasta
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
I see that 1.3 is not yet fully finished and there are still commits being made from time to time.
But im not sure If I should update my existing sources whenever there's a new update on TFS 1.3

Just look at the commit messages, click on the #number that represents their pull request. It usually explains what is being fixed or added, and you can see for yourself how relevant they are to your project. If you feel your server is disrupted by not having these commits, or that there are commits related to security or stability you should do a git pull and update your source. Else you are probably fine.

But keeping an eye on the commit logs is important, could be important stuff pushed there that require immediate patching. Especially if your server is running live.

In a pull request you can also click on "Files changed" to get the changelog of the commit, in-case you want to cherry pick them and patch some particular commits yourself without doing a complete rebase.

Back