• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

how to add Item attributes

azzmckay6

Reaction score
Hello.

Quick post asking for help, i am trying to add attributes to items that currently do not have any. I have edited Items.xml but the attributes are not currently working after only editing this file. Could someone help me out?

thanks.

Don't really need to see the edits.

If the item needs a level or vocation requirement, register in movements.xml
If the item has charges or buffs, register in movements.xml

If you're unsure, register it in movements.xml anyway.
At worst, you're causing your server to work for 0.001 seconds extra.
At best, you're doing what's needed.

its more of an issue with applying the attributes.. for example a backpack with added skills boost.. it shows the skill boost that should happen, but it doesnt actually apply the boost to the character wearing it.

its more of an issue with applying the attributes.. for example a backpack with added skills boost.. it shows the skill boost that should happen, but it doesnt actually apply the boost to the character wearing it.
That would classify as a buff.
You need to register it in movements.xml

XML:
<movevent event="Equip" itemid="1111111111" slot="backpack" function="onEquipItem" />
<movevent event="DeEquip" itemid="11111111" slot="backpack" function="onDeEquipItem" />

Back